It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Alert: Carrie Fisher

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Carrie Fisher, best known for her role as Princess Leia in Star Wars, suffered a massive heart attack while flying home on a book signing tour. Many news outlets accompanied the news with the sort of retrospective tribute usually reserved for the death of a public figure. Hopefully, Fisher will recover and go on writing and performing. If she should go on tour again in a year or two, people will insist that she "died" around Christmastime in 2016. Here's hoping we get to explain that, no, the universe has not changed again.
edit on 24-12-2016 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Great premise and foresight!!!!

But for the Church of Mendela, the faithful will simply rebut that;
"You may have archival proof, but in my timeline, Carrie Fisher never died at all because she discovered the secret of immortality by courting the dark side of the force."

E.T.A.
I had to remove an extra letter "L" from Mandela. Weird, in my timeline Mandela has always been spelled with 2 L's

edit on 12/24/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Invoking the mendella effect before it even happens because of faulty human memories? How does that possibly tie into the universe being changed under our feet from one day to the next?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
where i come from its the mandolin effect - because its like listening to a untuned mandolin played by an idiot - all it does is makes your head hurt

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Invoking the mendella effect before it even happens because of faulty human memories? How does that possibly tie into the universe being changed under our feet from one day to the next?

Yes, it is possible to predict when the Mandela Effect will happen because certain events are easily remembered wrong. This is a perfect example.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I thought i was going to have to type 'lol'. Instead, i can only say congratulations.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This is absolutely going to become a Mandela Effect..

Well played!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Whoa!!! She was in Star Wars? I thought Carrie Fisher was a killer, and mentioned as such in The Adams Family remake.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If Carrie were here she'd say, Use the Force, not drugs.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Too soon

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

"You may have archival proof, but in my timeline, Carrie Fisher never died at all because she discovered the secret of immortality by courting the dark side of the force."

E.T.A.
I had to remove an extra letter "L" from Mandela. Weird, in my timeline Mandela has always been spelled with 2 L's

Mendela?

You mean Mendelbaum! MENDELBAUM! MENDELBAUM! Ready your self for feats of strength for FESTIVUS IS UPON US!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes, this is normally how it works.

Mandela..now they made a movie about him long ago and it ended on a sour note of how he was basically gonna be in prison until he dies...so I believe lots of people got that info and it implanted in their brain mandela is as good as dead..its over for him..and didn't notice the bit in history where years later he was released after apartheid ended and he became a big wig...hollywood minds over history minds rule.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

E.T.A.

Mendela?

You mean Mendelbaum! MENDELBAUM! MENDELBAUM! Ready your self for feats of strength for FESTIVUS IS UPON US!

You think that YOU..are the #1 Dad?!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
what? wait a second. didn't she die in a car crash during late 2014 already?..

j/k ;D i hope she gets well soon and stays alive and kicking for many years to come. and great thread by the way : ))

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
You people are ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

E.T.A.

Mendela?

Wow! I knew it was bad, but I never thought it was this bad! I just know that I spelled Mandela correctly the first time, now it has changed to "Mendela" in my previous post. I don't care what anyone says, my memory trumps incorrect spellings! The space/time shifts are occurring more rapidly! This must be the foretold "Quickening".

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
You people are ridiculous.

No, you've got it backwards.

The rediculous ones are the ones who think the Mandela effect is an actual thing, rather than their own fallible brains.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
The rediculous ones are the ones who think the Mandela effect is an actual thing, rather than their own fallible brains.

It is an actual thing.
Caused by our actual brains working amazingly.

Denying it's a "thing" just encourages the fools.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Fair point.

I redact what I said above. The Mandela effect is 100% real!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

That's the spirit! we haz cookies

<<   2  3 >>

join