It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princess Leia Carrie Fisher Suffers Massive Heart Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The sources I am reading talk about her not breathing and whether or not they could find a pulse. They say she wasn't breathing for around 10 minutes and they couldn't find a pulse. So that doesn't mean her heart quit entirely, but what it was doing wasn't very much because they couldn't detect it.

But it doesn't sound like they had equipment on that plane because they were asking for medical volunteers from the passengers.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently she has been stabalised.
I don't have a link, it was a friend that posted a comment on my FB page.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Apparently she has the force with her...she is stable according to her brother.
Carrie Fisher "Out of Emergency Room" After Suffering Heart Attack on Plane, Says Brother

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

That's sad, most unfortunate. I always liked her.

I hope Jabba had nothing to do with it, I never did trust that blobtard.

On a serious note... I always wondered why people prone to heart attacks never carried cayenne pepper with them, it saves lives, gets the heart beating again.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
2016 has really been a bastard. I know a lot of people say that at the end of the year but wow... I think it's really true this time.

I hope she recovers.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You are correct. I should have worded that better.Not sure yet what caused the full arrest. Could be an MI or perhaps a blood clot, OD... number of things.

You can be in full arrest longer than 15 minutes and still survive. You're not dead till you're warm and dead. Her brain definitely sustained damage from lack of oxygen, but how much is unknown. If she's on a respirator/vent, then her heart is working at the moment. Time will tell.

Not that 20 years as a paramedic and transition to RN PHRN would give me a little knowledge on the matter.

edit on 23-12-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

F U 2016!

Seriously, F U 2016!

(post by JesusXst removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Fisher is in ICU now.

According to her brother, earlier reports that she was stable were jumping the gun.

Carrie Fisher has been hospitalized and is in intensive care after suffering a full cardiac arrest on Friday while aboard an airplane headed from London to Los Angeles.

The actress was in critical condition earlier in the day, an emergency official told Variety on Friday afternoon. She was moved from the emergency room to the Intensive Care Unit hours later, her brother, Todd Fisher, said Friday evening. The actor and filmmaker said his sister is not in stable condition, despite previous reports.

“She’s in the ICU and everybody’s praying for her,” he told Variety in a phone interview. “There’s nothing new from the doctors. There’s nothing new at all. … There’s no good news or bad news.”
Todd Fisher said media outlets are “writing between the lines” in reporting that she’s now in stable condition. The Associated Press reported earlier today that Todd Fisher said Carrie Fisher was in stable condition and “out of emergency.”

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sad...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Remain on topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Nickn3

Not when you have a sudden heart attack M.I. ( full cardiac arrest ) on a plane. She was unconscious so she couldn't swallow anything. There was an EMT on board that administered CPR after she was not breathing for 10 minutes. It is not known if there was an AED on board the plane.

Currently she is at UCLA medical center on a vent.

Cardiac arrest and myocardial infarction are not the same thing at all, my friend. Cardiac arrest means you're dead. No shockable rhythm. Asystole. Flatline. If you go into full cardiac arrest, an AED will never deliver a shock. Only a rhythm gets a shock, and only certain types of rhythms at that. V-fib and pulseless V-tach are shockable rhythms, for example.

She wasn't in full arrest for fifteen minutes...they'd be prepping her for autopsy instead if she had been. I actually doubt that she arrested at all. Unconscious, yes, possibly. Asystole? No way in hell. That's just sensational journalism. She was lucky it happened in a very public place if she lost consciousness. When that happens to people at home alone, they typically die.

But even if she had been conscious, they would not have put anything in her mouth. If someone is losing their airway due to a failing heart, the very last thing anyone should do is risk further compromising the airway by introducing a choking hazard into their mouth.

If she makes it, she's going to have a tough rehab ahead of her. She's not been very kind to her vessel over the years. She's got state-of-the-art medical intervention though...her chances could be better than one might expect. Hopefully, the Force is strong with her.😉

Cardiac arrest means your heart has stopped working. You are either clinically dead (survivable) or biologically dead.... (not survivable).
Man... you wrote this out beautifully. 😙👍 wish i had a partner like you in the day.

What we know for now is she is in ICU. Surviving so far.

Quick note:
~ If you go into full cardiac arrest, an AED will never deliver a shock. Only a rhythm gets a shock, and only certain types of rhythms at that. V-fib and pulseless V-tach are shockable rhythms, for example.~tigertatzen

Why would an AED be programed to shock any rhythm while the PT is conscious or not. That's generally done by paramedics or E.R. staff under the instructions of a physician. "A" without Asystole/flatline not normal or sinus rhythm... an AED does shock in the event of zero heart function. That is it's purpose... it was designed for the average joe in mind for use. You see them in fast food joints and anywhere needed just in case. The voice and diagrams tell you what to do.

This is for another thread and diverting from the OP's intention. But you sure talk the language.

edit on 23-12-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Thank you for that update. I got called into work right after posting and was hoping for better news. It's a bit strange how these celebrities who have access to the best medical care in the world have sudden heart attacks. Alan Thicke for example and others.

May the force be with her, Indeed. 2016 has been a brutal year all around.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Everyone has an expiration date. And 2016 is definitely taking the best and or very iconic figures so far.
Leave me Betty White and Mel Brooks. ( fingers crossed for another week )😞

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Was just about to post this!

She has abused her body over the years so this comes as no surprise.

I hope she recovers. She is an incredibly funny lady.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

that was a long flight she was on....she had to lose weight for the first new star wars movie....what kind of severe regimine was she on...people were concerned she looked very thin...that can also effect the heart

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I don't think losing weight for a movie over a year ago had anything to with it. Her age is a factor along with being a female on flights. Something about how the pressure effects the blood. Doctors recommend walking up and down the isles to keep the blood moving.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
A disturbance in the force, the sound of millions of fans crying out in sadness and despair today.

www.tmz.com...

Carrie Fisher died Tuesday morning ... days after suffering a massive heart attack on board a flight from London to LAX ... a family spokesperson has confirmed.

This has been a colossally sucktastic year for defining icons of the 20th century...
edit on 12/27/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join