It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princess Leia Carrie Fisher Suffers Massive Heart Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Carrie Fisher, best known as Princess Leia in the Star Wars films has suffered a massive heart attack onboard a plane bound for LA from London.

This a developing story. She was given CPR and rushed to the hospital upon landing. Hopefully she will recover from this. We have lost so many icons
this year.

Our sources say Carrie was on a flight from London to LAX when she went into cardiac arrest. People on board were administering CPR. We're told the emergency occurred 15 minutes before the plane landed in L.A. A flight attendant asked if there were any medical personnel on board and an EMT who was sitting in the back of the plane came up to first class and administered life-saving measures. The plane landed just after noon in L.A. and paramedics rushed her to a nearby hospital.

www.tmz.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hopefully she can recover, yes. But full cardiac arrest for 15 minutes even with CPR helping doesn't bode well

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

She was known to party pretty hard in her younger years. It is a shame though, I will say prayer for her tonight.

I do wonder how this will effect episodes 8 and 9.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Not breathing for 10 of those 15 minutes. Just heard she's in critical condition however. She has been hard on her body over the years. Sigh.... best wishes prayers for her.

Live ATC has the pilot talking to the ground and EMT crews. Can't link with tablet.
And don't believe the twitter feeds yet as hoaxer's are already saying she died.

edit on 23-12-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Omg. I will say a prayer. Very sad news.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yikes. That's not good. Not good at all.

She didn't live the best life in her younger days though and it does catch up with you. If she must go to a Galaxy Far, Far Away, I hope the trip is gentle.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not to disrespectful but aggressive care could be giving her a aspirin to chew and administering oxygen. Hope for a quick recovery.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Not when you have a sudden heart attack M.I. ( full cardiac arrest ) on a plane. She was unconscious so she couldn't swallow anything. There was an EMT on board that administered CPR after she was not breathing for 10 minutes. It is not known if there was an AED on board the plane.

Currently she is at UCLA medical center on a vent.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

My heart sank when I found out about this! PLEASE LET HER GET THROUGH THIS!!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH HER!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I am saddened by the news.

Will be watching thread for updates.

Here's hoping its not the end.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Noooo....

Not Princess Leia!!

She was looking much older than her years though. 😪

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You only do CPR on someone when they don't have a pulse. Meaning their heart has stopped pumping blood. Meaning they are dead. So ineffect she did die. And yes, she would be transported to the hospital even if they were doing CPR on her. This isn't likely to have a positive outcome.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

a reply to: Bigburgh

Sad.
I wouldn't imagine prognosis to be very hopeful with O2 loss to the brain and other organs at 10 + minutes.
She was aging beautifully, IMO, and gracefully at 60 years old.

Her novel (semi autobiographical) 'Postcards from the Edge' was a good read many years ago.

Good luck to her and her loved ones.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All I can say is that she is part of our live's in my generation, real screen magic and a story about good vs evil that shaped a generation.

All we can really do is pray she too young to go at just 60 years of age.

She will always be Princess Leia to those of us old enough to have gone to see the first star wars movie at the cinema when we were kid's and it was first released, that was a bane on her career though as it made getting other part's harder as she had become too iconic in her role but it was a role that she did true justice too.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
nooooooooooo.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Not to disrespectful but aggressive care could be giving her a aspirin to chew and administering oxygen. Hope for a quick recovery.

Right...because that's all we do for folks who suffer a STEMI and are coded for fifteen minutes on a plane. Just chew on an aspirin and have some O's, and they'll be good as new, walk right out like it's nothing.

"Aggressive treatment" means heroic life-saving measures administered with a prayer, followed by critical care protocol. If she really was asystole for fifteen minutes (I seriously doubt it), the only thing that is going to save her is a miracle. But even five minutes of clinical death would be tough to recover from, given her past drug and alcohol abuse.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
2016 YOU CANNOT HAVE LEIA! No!!

I was so saddened to see this. I hope she has a full recovery. So much love to her and her family!
May the force be with her ❤️

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Nickn3

Not when you have a sudden heart attack M.I. ( full cardiac arrest ) on a plane. She was unconscious so she couldn't swallow anything. There was an EMT on board that administered CPR after she was not breathing for 10 minutes. It is not known if there was an AED on board the plane.

Currently she is at UCLA medical center on a vent.

Cardiac arrest and myocardial infarction are not the same thing at all, my friend. Cardiac arrest means you're dead. No shockable rhythm. Asystole. Flatline. If you go into full cardiac arrest, an AED will never deliver a shock. Only a rhythm gets a shock, and only certain types of rhythms at that. V-fib and pulseless V-tach are shockable rhythms, for example.

She wasn't in full arrest for fifteen minutes...they'd be prepping her for autopsy instead if she had been. I actually doubt that she arrested at all. Unconscious, yes, possibly. Asystole? No way in hell. That's just sensational journalism. She was lucky it happened in a very public place if she lost consciousness. When that happens to people at home alone, they typically die.

But even if she had been conscious, they would not have put anything in her mouth. If someone is losing their airway due to a failing heart, the very last thing anyone should do is risk further compromising the airway by introducing a choking hazard into their mouth.

If she makes it, she's going to have a tough rehab ahead of her. She's not been very kind to her vessel over the years. She's got state-of-the-art medical intervention though...her chances could be better than one might expect. Hopefully, the Force is strong with her.😉

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Best wishes to her and her family and for a speedy recovery.

Regards
edit on 23-12-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

May the force be with her.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join