It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donate Loved Ones Body To Science-It Gets Sold For $6K To Military-No laws against it-Sick Profits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We should have a credit system where for every pint of blood you donate, 50% or more per pint is put on your record to be refunded should you find yourself in need of blood.

Which means if you charitably donate using the 50% number 10 pints over a few years, then the worst comes to happen, and suddenly you need like 5 pints of blood, well thanks to your charitable donating, you pay nothing for that blood as 5 pints is only 50% of the 10 pints you have donated in the past. Whereas if you donated nothing, you pay the whole cost of the transfusion.

It makes for a good incentive to donate blood that is not greed based but insurance based. You donate blood in the hopes you never need it, but knowing that should you need it, it will be there, and in addition you are not only protecting yourself but helping others as well. Meanwhile hospitals still profit on 50% of the blood you donate no matter what happens.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is a nice ill price the middle man makes. I have often wondered about cremations. How do you really know your loved one was actually cremated or in that closed casket being lowered into the ground? I mean...if there is money to be made out there and obviously ...some folks don't give a sh*t about ethics and morality when it comes to making money... How do you know? Does it really matter if you have no clue? Is it only outrageous because someone else is getting $$$ and not you? Would it make a difference if you received some money too?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I do not really have a problem with this, and with the fact that human experimentation (I do not mean the likes of Nazi and Japan again) and primate experimentation (to a certain extent) has many limits and sanctions against it limits the further advancement of science(medical).

The "profit" that the middle company makes is not that much at all when you factor in all the refrigeration costs, the packaging costs, the delivery costs, the medical team and sterile and containment environments associated with this type of thing - and if it sounds like I'm talking like it is transportation of an animal meat product...well it is, just human in this case.

While it sounds morbid, the family and dead person has signed and agreed to this and until we see the actual signed documents that were signed over we cannot say with any confidence what they have agreed to was breached in any way.
edit on 23-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ah, what do you want as it is when big pharma, etc, isn't looking for a cure but want to continue with treatments. I hope this is dealt with accordingly being a shame and all for the family's and the deceased wishes. There's enough speculation and actual cases where misuse happens in the name of revenue as it is for people and families being generous enough to donate their body or parts of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have two cousins who,are both nurses and are senior in their positions. Both have been told that finders fees are available for certain referrals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join