It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Economic Confidence Inches Up to New High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm not Surprised, are you surprised? Nah. This was a given.

Trump is about to become THE most Popular President in History, in the past 100 yrs anyway.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' confidence in the economy continues to gradually strengthen after last month's post-election surge. Gallup's U.S. Economic Confidence Index averaged +10 for the week ending Dec. 18, marking another new high in its nine-year trend.

The latest figure is up slightly from the index's previous high of +8 recorded in both of the prior two weeks. The first positive double-digit index score since the inception of Gallup Daily tracking in 2008 reflects a stark change in Americans' confidence in the U.S. economy from the negative views they expressed in most weeks over the past nine years. Last month's election of Donald Trump not only marked a change in the country's political power structure but also significantly improved Republicans' economic confidence -- pushing the index into positive territory for the first time since March 2015.

Go Trump

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Trump is not about to become the most popular president. Stop being a partisan hack. I do believe he made a historic first by being the most unpopular president ever elected.

He may be the most popular president with Big Biz because he wants to get rid of US regulations and I'm sure will continue to provide them with all the corporate welfare they could ever want.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: JesusXst

Trump is not about to become the most popular president. Stop being a partisan hack. I do believe he made a historic first by being the most unpopular president ever elected.

He may be the most popular president with Big Biz because he wants to get rid of US regulations and I'm sure will continue to provide them with all the corporate welfare they could ever want.

Corps need people to work for them.

Better to earn a paycheck than to be given money from people that earn their own.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're funny.

Have some more eggnog my friend

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Taking care of yourself is a lost art now.

We'd have to burn everything and start over again. Teach the next Generation, what do they call the next Gen now? Generation Z ? It seems we've run out of Alphabet letters. Gen Why doesn't have a clue (not all so people viewing, don't get bent over that comment).

Trump might have to create something and call it [Operation Snowflake] to fix everything.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I feel that Trump may get something done in this country because the working man is behind him. The system we had was nothing but deceit piled on top of deceit. It probably won't change much but there will be more jobs created that pay a living wage. Better than Obama's administration creating a bunch of part time jobs without benefits. He had to pass the afordable care act, part time consumer based jobs can't afford to also pay benefits for their employees.

This started before Obama, it goes back to the Clinton's terms in office. It was happening a little before that but Clinton started the deportation of jobs rolling faster.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
I'm not Surprised, are you surprised? Nah. This was a given.

Trump is about to become THE most Popular President in History, in the past 100 yrs anyway.

You're right. Just when they say peace and security....

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

guess you dont know what the word popular means? sit down.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I will just throw this out there. On average, despite who is president or the cause, we tend to run on a 10-year boom bust cycle. Its almost a guarantee. The last bust was 2007-08. Its about to be 10 years. I'm certain Trump knows this.
What has worried me is the fact the market continually hit new highs the last couple years now and judging by the title of the op, there's only one way left to go, down.
I am optimistic because gas is still relatively cheap which helps boost sales and travel and Donnie will have us on the fast track to cut waste and bloat along with the restructuring of trade deals. For those of you who have never followed his views and stances, these would be his sole reasons for wanting to be president. He also points out full mouth that we are hurt most by our allies.
So I say that all to say take this good news with a grain of salt because it would be expected for the FED to raise rates quicker and higher than what would be expected and in my opinion judging by the reaction to this volatility we shall see just how strong the economy is.
I would rather see the correction cause some dips along the way and recover than to have a crash due to an unsustainable record-high market.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

I second that.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Do you think Employment rates will be higher in a Trump admin, than in Obama's admin with it's record low rate?
edit on 23-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Go check how economic confidence was tracking right before the economic implosion of 2007. Means nothing. I hope all you Trump knob polishers are right. I sincerely do. But as much upside as you all are touting as 'in-the-bag' is anything but. He may be a great friend to big business but we'll have to wait and see if his take on 'trickle-down economics' works better than the last time we were sold that bill of goods. By another actor coincidentally...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
(((((((((((SURPRISE)))))))))))))

top topics

join