It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that black church that got torched?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ketsuko
The other possibility is race hatred, burning and bombing churches is a big thing I hear.

link to images of church bombings and burnings during the 60's

Do you think I am totally ignorant of history?

Honestly ... sometimes!

Yes, this was something done in the '60s, but there is no evidence that this is becoming a widespread thing again today.

Did you know that I was thinking the very thing you were typing when I typed what I did? Do you know why? Because I saw the GoFundMe account. The cynic in me was thinking that if you need a costly new church or repairs on the one you have and you can fake the hate crime in this climate ... people will GoFund you and you might get the sympathy to do it.

It's like doing the arson for the insurance money.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Is his last name really McClinton? You can't make this stuff up unless , of course , you are CNN or MSNBC.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I was responding to this on page one:

Must have needed a new church so they faked the hate crime?

Racism is still going on. That kid that shot up the church recently, for instance.

I doubt they faked that, either.

(backs away slowly)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I never said it wasn't, but clearly, this was not racism. Or do you think this man who was a member of the congregation and person of the race himself, was racist against his own?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I never said it wasn't, but clearly, this was not racism. Or do you think this man who was a member of the congregation and person of the race himself, was racist against his own?

Okay sorry, I'm behind the eight ball on this one, maybe?

Has there been a trial and verdict?

When I get back I''ll do some research into it b4 opening my mouth again.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Basically, they arrested a man who is a member of the congregation of this church. He faked it. There is no hate crime here.

This is one of the three or four hate crimes the press glommed onto after the election that turned out to not be hate crimes.

The others are the woman who claimed she was assaulted by Trump voters on a crowded subway and had her hijab torn off, the student at Uni of Michigan who claimed a few a days after the election a white male student threatened to set her hair on fire if she didn't remove her hijab, and they caught the man who had been spray-painting swastikas on Long Island and he's Jasskirat Saini, not the typical white supremacist name.

Now, are there true hate crimes and racism in the world? Yes, but this case did not turn out to be one of them.

And that's the only reason why my attitude toward it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans

Well it turns out they found the perp. Can you guess who could possibly be stupid enough to do something like this?

Yup. Black guy burned down his own church to slander Trump supporters. Surprise! (or not)

So, I guess this means I can still justify my vote for Trump.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Then why add in the "Vote Trump" when simple Arson would have sufficed?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That actually make a lot of sense, hmm... People have tried to defraud insurance using less thought and with the racial tensions the way they are, this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

They be jealous of whiteys new church building just built down the street.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
one of many this this year.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Sorry to burst your partisan bubble, but people on both sides of the fence are capable of doing horrendous things.

Case in point, Michael Greene, cop killer:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kind of silly to think that evil/stupidity is a partisan issue, dontcha think?

As for your OP, well, what a fool for burning down his own church. I'll bet he's feelin the bernin shame right about now.

How is that reverent to the automatic response of racism before the facts are discovered? None. Get over your petty hate. Neither Trump nor Hillary had anything to do with it. A deranged person did it and has nothing to do with race nor the elections.

Denny

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Possibility of insurance fraud? You'd be surprised on the amount of scammers that would do anything for money.

Here is one example of insurance scammers.

It could also be done with Art and homes. So I am guessing he used the media hype to make his story more credible.

There is also a chance he got offered a SUM of $ to do it.

Of course this is just speculation, but things like this do happen more times than it is actually reported.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

So they arrested a guy and charged him. Thanks for the rundown. Never heard of anyone burning down their own church in America before, for money.

edit on 23-12-2016 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist
a reply to: peskyhumans

It is time to get rid of affirmative action.

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger"- Mark Twain (?)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

And almost impossible to fix.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I believe a mosque was burned down by a former member at their request and disguised as a hate crime.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Throw him in jail.
edit on 23-12-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I believe a mosque was burned down by a former member at their request and disguised as a hate crime.

Shoot, mosques are blown up attacked all the time. But the people doing that aren't really religious, just haters, hired killers, professional even.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

This is very common here in the UK especially with (cough) migrants. One gets a car...they crash it into someone usually another friend, the car is packed with whiplash family members...instant compensation

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join