It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Obama Administration is moving fast with all kinds of new regulations before they are replaced Jan 20th.

These new ones seem to be environmental in nature.

Loads of bureaucracy piling up.

Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'

President Obama, who this week has issued a flurry of environmental rules, is planning to unleash another set of "midnight regulations" right before he leaves office that will cost Americans $6 billion.

Obama has already broken all past records on creating federal regulations and red tape, and his new adds will boost the overall price tag to over $1 trillion.

The new regulations, according to the watchdog group American Action Forum, include four from the Environmental Protection Agency and one from Interior.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know what it's all about, but what usually happens is that the money is dished out to firms who are his buddies.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama and his administration are like dead beat loser renters who are angry they are getting evicted. So angry in fact that they are damaging the home they are vacating out of spite and costing the land lord (aka tax payers) money because if they can't live there then no one can...At least not with out a renovation and serious cleaning to remove the filth they left behind...

No wonder so many jokes and crude comments have been had at the Obama's expense.....When you act like a jerk people talk about you like a jerk...

Shameful

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Just to be clear...hear is a quote from the article

These five measures alone could impose $5.1 billion in costs and more than 350,000 paperwork burden hours. In addition, three other rules in proposed form could add $898 million in burdens and 146,000 paperwork hours, for a cumulative total of nearly $6 billion in potential midnight costs and nearly 500,000 burden hours from the two agencies. Consider, EPA and Interior have already imposed $349 billion in previous burdens since 2009," said AAF's Sam Batkins.

So let us look at the word "could"...they do not say it will cost 5 billion and what's up with the 350,000 paperwork burden hours? Is this something a law firm has to sift through? Is this money factored into overtime pay?

Reading through the article and watching the news clip I realized that a lot of this is directed to ensure that drilling does not occur in the Arctic/offshore..basically a block to stop offshore drilling...I have no problem with that and my hope is we continue the slow crawl towards other methods of energy such as solar and wind...and yes I get that wind is not as effective but it's not as effective because we do not divert enough money/funding into solar and wind..

I'm no hippie here and I love working on engines but I look forward to the day when we no longer need to rely on oil, coal or natural gasses..

Again let me stress my earlier observations around the word could...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Just to be clear...hear is a quote from the article

These five measures alone could impose $5.1 billion in costs and more than 350,000 paperwork burden hours. In addition, three other rules in proposed form could add $898 million in burdens and 146,000 paperwork hours, for a cumulative total of nearly $6 billion in potential midnight costs and nearly 500,000 burden hours from the two agencies. Consider, EPA and Interior have already imposed $349 billion in previous burdens since 2009," said AAF's Sam Batkins.

So let us look at the word "could"...they do not say it will cost 5 billion and what's up with the 350,000 paperwork burden hours? Is this something a law firm has to sift through? Is this money factored into overtime pay?

Reading through the article and watching the news clip I realized that a lot of this is directed to ensure that drilling does not occur in the Arctic/offshore..basically a block to stop offshore drilling...I have no problem with that and my hope is we continue the slow crawl towards other methods of energy such as solar and wind...and yes I get that wind is not as effective but it's not as effective because we do not divert enough money/funding into solar and wind..

I'm no hippie here and I love working on engines but I look forward to the day when we no longer need to rely on oil, coal or natural gasses..

Again let me stress my earlier observations around the word could...

In my experience, when it comes to government regulations double the projected costs...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Maybe he is paying of some of Hillary's new debts

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Easily countered.

All Obama is doing now is trying to interfere with Trumps upcoming Presidency. Apparently that will be Obamas legacy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Hi Xuenchen,

barry hussein has the mind of a spoiled child, having temper tantrums. He's doing this, and granting massive pardons to convicted felons, to punish the voters.

Expect more out-of-control childish behavior.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Easily countered.

All Obama is doing now is trying to interfere with Trumps upcoming Presidency. Apparently that will be Obamas legacy.

Bingo.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He is trying to make sure Trump fails with bringing businesses back to America. Make it so no business can afford to start. Who is Obama working for anyway? what foreign country seems to control him the most? The president works for us, Most people got it backwards. As long as we let them rake us over the coals they will.

Trump hopefully doesn't go too far the other way with environmental issues. Just get rid of the unnecessary ones.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa

Hi Xuenchen,

barry hussein has the mind of a spoiled child, having temper tantrums. He's doing this, and granting massive pardons to convicted felons, to punish the voters.

Expect more out-of-control childish behavior.

I like your insight.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
so we have "measures" that "could" cost people 6 billions...
is that like the executive order he was going to pass before the electoral college vote to keep Trump from assuming office, or the civil war that was supposed to be started by dems last week, or the executive order to ban all guns, or etc...

so the news doenst even contain news anymore, just ' several measures' which after he adds will be costing "over 6 billions" huh...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
why is he even bothering doing this, Trump is going to just undo all these last minute EO`s as well as many many more.
This is just a waste of paperwork.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Jan 3rd 2017 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

join