It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gun laws taking effect in Cali

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Get a bullet mold, and a swaging press. Old wheel weights are decent if you heat it thoroughly, crucible cups are cheap online. Kiln is easy enough to build with fire brick. If you need help let me know.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CulturalResilience

From what I have seen you have already been there way too long.

I know full well what you're getting at here. And yet I must admit
so have I. But that was a slightly cheap shot.

Its okay, member is carrying baggage from other threads.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: intrptr

These laws will have ZERO impact on daily gun violence or mass shootings.

May actually increase violence. New law drains already stretched law enforcement resources to monitor and approve or deny purchases of ammunition. Instead of focusing on bad guys they'll spend their hours counting bullets, lulz.

Like others have already said its purely a database to track ammunition sales. They want to know where legal guns and bullets are.

Yup, that is always the underlying motive.

Tracking bullets is particularly sneaky. Whatever caliber you buy denotes the type of arms you have. How much you buy shows how much you practice. Or store up for TSHF scenarios. Exactly the information they are looking to record for arms confiscation during periods of Marshall Law . Its a law enforcement database so they have that info at hand before they knock on your door.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

a reply to: 4N0M4LY

My parents God rest brought me here when I was two.
Never understood it and I'm still pissed.

Currently stuck here too. One day I'll be free and I will leave this granola state behind.

Fruits nuts and flakes.

I have a few friends from the years past there, I hope they're doing ok. They said going back 10 years now, that California was fast turning into one giant pile of crap.

Except for the weather, lately the only redeemable thing about the place. Sunny and balm 300 days of the year.

I lived here my whole life. I keep pretending other things are still good about it... have to or I'll become nutty too.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

These laws will have ZERO impact on daily gun violence or mass shootings.

May actually increase violence. New law drains already stretched law enforcement resources to monitor and approve or deny purchases of ammunition. Instead of focusing on bad guys they'll spend their hours counting bullets, lulz.

Like others have already said its purely a database to track ammunition sales. They want to know where legal guns and bullets are.

LOL, so now do you have to "turn in" your firearms or be a felon?

You will go to prison for owning plastic / aluminum with a spring (magazines)?

Nah, they ratchet up the pain in stages. After the laws are enacted its only a misdemeanor. But also disqualifies you to own firearms. its still being worked out, exactly. Thats the beauty of it, the exact definition of the law is open to interpretation.

Like says you want to go shooting with your friends and you go to buy ammo . Whoops, waiting period. Whoops permit process is backlogged. Whoops, denied because you want more than allowed number of rounds. Re file, reprocess, more waiting... awww, fuggid.

You know how much all that paperwork costs to shuffle back and forth? So costs of registering will go up, ammo goes up, waiting period increases...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a reply to: 4N0M4LY

My parents God rest brought me here when I was two.
Never understood it and I'm still pissed.

Currently stuck here too. One day I'll be free and I will leave this granola state behind.

Fruits nuts and flakes.

I have a few friends from the years past there, I hope they're doing ok. They said going back 10 years now, that California was fast turning into one giant pile of crap.

Except for the weather, lately the only redeemable thing about the place. Sunny and balm 300 days of the year.

I lived here my whole life. I keep pretending other things are still good about it... have to or I'll become nutty too.

I hear ya. Only in the past 25 yrs has it begun to slide downwards, from what i've been told anyways. Reality isn't what it used to be, and at times it's hard being sane in a World full of nuts with backward ideasls.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

California's sinking fast.

Even their Sign's Underwater.

Learn to swim...

azlyrics

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

California's sinking fast.

Even their Sign's Underwater.

Learn to swim...

azlyrics

Wow, the lyrics are deep. Spoken by those who've seen it all no doubt.

Don't you find that logo odd? It's almost subliminal in nature, as though they're conveying a hidden message that California is close to expecting 'the big one' they've been talking about for years on end.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

California is about the pacific ocean, famous beaches, waves, surfing. Over 800 miles of coastline.

'Catch the Wave' used to be a slogan for Silicon Valley. So I get the sign logo.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The first lesson I taught myself when I joined.
You can avoid a lot of understanding and
knowledge by carrying a silly grudge.
New thread, wipe slate, get over it.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: randyvs

That ... is ... tight.

How well was it received?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Thank you! I think I hit the bulls eye on this one
He had it on the wall and stocked within an hour. LOL
The guy who made it for me is working on a batman themed one now for a guy that is obsessed with Batman. I am interested to see how that one turns out also. Here is a pic of it mounted and filled with some of Paul's "toys"

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I live in California, and they can kiss my ass. Here are a few of my toys

Theres well over 1500 bucks worth of ammo in here of all caliburs, and shotgun shells, and slugs, Lots of 3 inch mags. I don't play around
[That's a Kimber stainless Ultra carry 2, a smith 686, a smith 22, and a Smith and Wesson 500- ( True 50 Mag)- The most powerful production pistol on the planet, also a Remington Express. Russian bolt action off to the side
I sleep good at night.....

edit on 14-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join