It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump National Security Adviser Met With Leader Of Party Founded By Nazis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Zazz you know I love you...but I just don't agree here.

I'm not giving them a pass on anything. I just don't understand why you pick this moment to call them out. He is a leader of a political party, just like republicans or democrats. We talk to all kinds of horrible people!!!!

My father is Jewish....BTW. And I am Catholic.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

From the OP.

Although the Times story focused on the Russia pact, the Flynn-Strache meeting is at least as significant. Austrians’ support for far-right parties has increased significantly over the past 15 years. Strache’s Freedom Party received 35 percent of the vote in the first round of the race for Austria’s ceremonial presidency, before narrowly losing a runoff earlier this month.

From what I've read of the OP and the source they used, the reason would be because they are an up and coming party. Perhaps to get ahead of the 8 ball? Honestly don't know.

I do think its disingenuous to assume these are neo Nazis or supporters/sympathizers when the article only said that they were ex Nazis.

Also in case there is any doubt, I do not support Nazi policy.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with me on?

My point was:

Why is he meeting with an extreme right opposition party, who has had ties with Nazism.
You seem to be disagreeing with me I have no right to ask that question, it is a pointless disagreement.

Of course we talk to all sorts of people, where did we write in it was't ok for us to question why?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ex Nazi is OK?
lol ok.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Is ex-kkk member?
Is ex-(anything extremist) ok?

I see no reason for you to put my position of increased diplomacy on trial here.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

But it isn't just what you said, you said I was "extrapolating on a false premise"
That is incorrect, given you have admitted you know nothing about that party and the politics of that country? It is odd you are forcibly arguing about something you admit you have not researched.

To your point about diplomacy, I am not sure this is diplomacy. Saying I am putting it on trial is being slightly dramatic and not at all what I did by questioning the point to the meeting.
That is surely an ok question to ask???? I am quite sure it is nothing to do with diplomacy, but time will tell.

I am not going to get into a argument on defending nazis, ex or current that is something that I wont stoop to do. The extreme fascist position of the party speaks for itself. No he didn't get a conscience, just changed the label.
edit on 20-12-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You said he is a Nazi, rather implied it by saying, "is it ok to meet with Nazis?" The article says that the person is an ex-Nazi. There is a difference.

Your added comments, like ewww and lol ok after making a judgment upon me that is incorrect is not healthy discourse. Melodramatic? Probably..a lil
I'll be happy to eat my words and a side of crow if they talked about pushing some Nazi agenda here or abroad.

I too am not defending Nazis. I feel it is our job here on ATS to push through the BS and get at the facts of the matter. Highlighting hypothetical implications from the article are exactly what the author wanted and not how I view "news."

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Byrd

What possible valid reason would he have to make this meeting a priority before assuming his office???

I don't know - but the fact that he's the head of the Anti-Immigrant Party in Austria suggests discussing Syrian refugees - but not with an eye to helping them out of Aleppo and out of danger. And probably not in the context of trying to curtail the slaughter there by trying to shut down the fighting between the groups (it appears there are at least four different groups.)

The Anti-Immigration party wants to send folks back to their original countries.

I know you've followed the situation... and like me, reject the horrors of sending families and orphans back to a bombed-out ruin of a city with no services, no food, no support, no shelter.

So I don't think their conversations and personal agreements were any that we would have supported. I think he'll probably bring back political information that would be ... heartbreaking for the suffering.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Well if it was founded after WW2 no big deal...I mean Operation Paperclip/Von Braun ended up in the States as well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join