It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA and the Washington Post - What You’re Not Being Told

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Impossible to respond to a nonsense post..

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Flag of Ohio I suspect. On the one to the right (Newt's left) you can see it taper into a triangular tip.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Sorry, no idea how to post images properly

Edit: Indigo was quicker.
edit on 21-12-2016 by JimSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

It's the State Flag of Ohio...Suspect the pic is in Ohio.

Ah, thank you.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: mbkennel

Regarding Trump & Putin: I have to wonder if Putin has some blackmail dirt on him. It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

There are running theories that Trump was "compromised" when he visited Moscow in 2012 for the Miss USA Pageant..

I've heard that but I wonder how exactly? Donald Trump 'caught' with a stripper or whatever wouldn't possibly embarass him, he'd be proud. OTOH, serious evidence of fraud, tax evasions or illegal acts by Trump businesses, that would be serious to Trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

The CIA and Washington Post romance goes back to the 1940's when Phil Graham became publisher of the newspaper. Graham served in the Pacific Theatre in 1945 as an intelligence officer in the Air Force, and after the war he came back and took over his father-in-laws newspaper, the Washington Post, in 1946 at the age of 31. He married Katherine Graham in 1940, daughter of Post publisher Eugene Meyer. When Meyer retired in 1946 as publisher, he gave 30% to his daughter and 70% to Phil Graham.

Graham was affiliated with not only Allen Dulles, Averil Harriman but also Prescott Bush, father of George Bush, Sr. Researching this guy's past, you see many ties to the CIA. He was also close to John Kennedy.

Wikileaks page on Phil Graham

In 1960, he helped persuade his friend John F. Kennedy to take Lyndon Johnson on his ticket as the vice presidential candidate, personally talking with both men multiple times during the 1960 Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles, California. During the 1960 campaign, he wrote the drafts for several speeches that Johnson gave. After Kennedy and Johnson were elected in November, he successfully lobbied for the appointment of Douglas Dillon as Secretary of the Treasury, and had multiple discussions with Kennedy about other appointments. In the several years after the inaugural, he continued to write occasional drafts of speeches, primarily for Johnson, but also for the President and for Robert F. Kennedy.

In 1961, Kennedy named Graham to serve as an incorporator for the Communications Satellite Corporation, known as COMSAT, a joint venture between the private sector and government for satellite communications. In October 1961, he was appointed chairman of the group.

In January of 1963 Graham told a conference of newspaper editors that Kennedy was having an affair. He was drunk. He was also having an affair and had begun to write his wife, Katherine Graham, out of his will and giving his shares of the Post to his mistress. He was deemed mentally ill and put into a hospital and treated with psychotherapy.

In June of 1963, Graham was committed a second time to a mental hospital in Rockville, MD.

On August 3, 1963, after Graham had made repeated requests of his doctors to be allowed a short stay away from the hospital, and "quite noticeably much better", according to his wife, he was permitted to go to their farmhouse in Virginia, Glen Welby, for the weekend. While his wife was in another part of the retreat, Graham committed suicide with a 28-gauge shotgun.

It's possible that Graham went mentally ill due to being subjected to the CIA's MK Ultra project at that time. He may have been turning on his (and the Washington Post's) tight relationship with the CIA. They couldn't allow him to give over the Washington Post to his mistress, so after his "alleged" suicide, Katherine Graham challenged it in court saying he was mentally unstable to change his will, and she won. She became the force behind the Washington Post from 1963 until 1991.

Great post OP. The Washington Post truly is the puppet of the Washington elite. It's going to be very interesting to see how the CIA will react to the demotion that lies ahead for this newspaper after Trump takes over. I sure hope we don't see a repeat of the last coup of the United States government... the assassination of Kennedy, by some of these same people I just referenced in this post.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You seem to be surprised. Why is beyond me. This cozy relationship is often obvious to those who knows the CIA's methods. In recent history, CIA fingerprints are noted by those who know their trade. After all. their expertise in "foreign" operations is stellar among their rivals. However, the mandate to operate outside America's bounders has been questionable throughout it's history. Considering their exploits stemmed from WW-II, led by the Dulles brothers, of admitting German war criminals into the nation under operation Paperclip, was not disclosed to the public until decades later. The next-door uncle "Hermann" was now a member of the local Lutheran church with little known of his past.

The somewhat comical instance of such relations and behavior is noted after the GOP's tactic to use the CIA's tactics to confront Bill Clinton on the Mena Arkansas drug connection. While they implied it was Bill's criminal interests, we found the truth that the CIA, aided with H. W. Bush and Oliver North, operation to get the funding to arm the rebels in central America despite the wishes of the U.S. Senate. Although not the latest, such actions are suspect in many areas of national interest. It's apparent to more and more people as time passes that the American public is victimized by a well funded entity who orchestrates propaganda, misinformation, division, and "lies" to direct public opinion. As a result, one could argue successfully that what we see now in America is in the CIA's handbook of foreign operations shown for their successful exploits in foreign circumstances.

Hell, it wasn't long ago when the NSA "LIED" to Senate investigators of their abilities to monitor American citizens. Mr. Snowden opened the box to "entertain" such topics. Whether you agree with his position(s), it's basically irrelevant for his actions opened the door for a needed conversation with people in powerful positions. When recent Senate investigations posed the question to CIA leadership of the possibility of local, state, and federal news outlets work along with CIA assets, they refused to answer unless they were in a "Executive Session." All too much information is beyond questioning as a result of national security. We see this trend everywhere. Under every rock and behind every corner. Hell, the documents and language in the negotiations of the TTIP agreement was classified therefore the Press was not allowed to see beyond closed doors. To our credit, globalists now see real opposition to their plans they considered imminent.

The alarm rang the day the European Union was slapped with a fatal blow by British voters. While the world suffered shock, Hilary stated: "It's a mistake that will not be followed in America." She, along with too many political leaders, are guilty of trading American sovereignty to criminal global interests. Her loss in the Nov. election will prove to be one of the best days in American history. Although I digressed from the main point of this discussion, I believe much of America's woes are the result of hidden agendas that in effect brought European fascist mentality into American elite factions. Also, I believe this trend was aided by the GOP's NEOCON leadership spearheaded by the Bush criminal political dynasty. They apparently followed the instructions of the globalists and is the hidden aspect of their "America's next century."

Although such statements are "controversial," I believe the proof is in the pudding. We know now from facts learned in 1933 that the American Liberty League of Wall Street attempted a coup for the reason to bring Italy's model of fascism to America. Also, I believe it's apparent we now live in a fascist police state. The mere fact Bush Lite stated "they" are "too big to fail" represents the marriage of Big-Government power with American and Global Corporate Elitists is the fascism denied after 1933 after the coup was identified. I also believe there is solid evidence of the long planned agenda and can be obvious once one sees the connections of all dots in recent American history. To all critics I suggest a honest self investigation to prove otherwise. As to the question posed in this thread, Hell yes. It's obvious there is a cozy relationship between American Intelligence and noted Press outlets! It's as obvious as American pie. Americans are lied to in every aspect of America living. Every once in a while we gain with good journalism, but sadly it's rare.

Any good news? Considering Both political parties in America are corrupt and hold us in ransom with corrupt Press assets, people are seeking truth from "unauthorized" news sources. Although to find worthy info from such sources requires one to find pearls amongst crap, Americans are smart enough to find what is needed in this corrupt era. Both parties are now on alert by a changing electorate and both now sees the faithful are not so faithful anymore. In the days of rigid obedience where unarmed people are shot to death by authority figures, it's obvious they feel threatened in the halls of government and the possibility of armed conflict in a area near you becomes the fodder of nightmares.

We live in interesting times. The big question seems to be...Can Trump be the one needed to deliver us from the obvious or will he succumb to the evil forces around him? I suggest everyone, even the faithless, pray for success. I, an old school Democrat who voted for Trump, will wait till the end of his term to make premature opinions of his legacy. This will be fun for the reason most people are changing their opinions on a daily basis...lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

There are worse things than strippers and trump is a vein man.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Thanks, Jukiodone. I'm glad someone read my post, much less responded to it.

I guess it's easier to ignore someone making a case for understanding and challenging well-established biases and negativity than it is to enter into a dialogue about it.

Everyone back to your silos!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SparkyMcBurny

If it was Russia we have to ask ourselves a question. Did they lie to us? If they told lies then it is unacceptable, if they influenced us with truth, then it would be considered an olive branch.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I am new but love the site and have read for years, but this type of thread leaves me near forced to write.

This statemen by the original postt:

Money has a funny effect on people/corporations, especially when the status quo relies so heavily on the media’s ability to carry it across the finish line. Robert McChesney of the Institute for Public Accuracy (not sure who they are), had this to say about the glaring conflict of interest.

The irony and the heavy lifting needed to create the original post is breathtaking.

First, do I like the Clintons? No. This is not a defense of HRC, the status quo, or whatever.

Sometimes critical thinking involves not missing the stuff right in front of your face. One should not even talk about any government/person's "conflicts of interest" without addressing the fact that Trump has such significant property/loan/banking interests in Russia that he can't bring himself to say a negative word about Putin, but can about NATO. The single most shocking and dangerous conflicts of interest to this nation are those held by Trump and it's not even close.

Does the CIA have a serious relationship with the WaPo? Of course. They've admitted to having media people on the payroll at every major news outlet, that transends administrations and implies nothing about any current agenda.

IF one is concerned about the CIAs relationship with a media outlet - that's fine, investigate it, but while doing so, that person might well acknowledge the "admitted on the record" cooperation between the NYC FBI headquarters and the Trump campaign. To say nothing of the relationship between Putin's intel services and Trump. But, let's worry about Bezos?

I fully believe that the global transnationals, the "status quo" powerbrokers need to be cut down. But, for anyone to think that Trump is somehow committed to doing so - after hiring the CEO of the world's biggest company to be Sec State? Anyone seen his cabinet?

These are the greatest gathering of the status quo power as has ever been assembled. In anyone's hunt for the truth, critical thinking does not mean discarding to very obvious, self-proving, fact-based world.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What part of my post didn't you understand?

Or do you continue to see only what you want to see? Everyone else seemed to understand it just fine.

Your call...stay in your fantasy world if you'd like.

I care not a whit.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: havok

I think if you check the CFR's membership then most if not all Media is controlled by them .Carroll Quigleys Tragety and Hope is well worth checking out .Its a history of the hidden power that has never lost the power .
is this hidden power that has never lost the power getting a lot of laughs out of this because we could just buy those guys tell everyone everything. If not that route there's the ever present "ace in the hole" that works every time.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

If Russia did in fact collaborate with the Trump to steal the election, I would suggest that he be removed. 

It depends on what you consider stealing.
Hacking and releasing dirt on democrats isnt stealing. They can hack whoever the hell they want if they dont have sufficient security. If they did the hacking which we pretty much already know they didn't, but even if they did, i would call that "doing what they had to in order to survive" and not only that but "avoiding ww3".

Now, taking a look at what the democrats have done, to bernie, tried to do to trump, i would definitely consider that "stealing the dem primary" and "attempting to steal the presidency", and by screwing over Bernie they put trump in the white house because bernie probably would have won, so, maybe thats not stealing the election but definitely they subverted it and handed it to trump by propping up hillary as his opponent when, if nature had been allowed to take its course, it would have been bernie, but then, i believe bernie let it happen so he was a part of it too.

But hey im glad trump won. Im just saying, Hillary and the top level democrats and their aides did a hell of a lot more to unethically, illegally and immorally alter the course and result of the election.

If the Russians did hack and release some info allowing more people to know The Goddamned Truth then i see nothing wrong with that. There is no freaking rule that says that they have to hack everyone equally. How ridiculous. They didn't do the hacks (or leaks) but even if they did (im sure they probably tried and maybe even succeeded but the revelations made public did not come from them, they probably just kept it to themselves) we should thank them and not blame them.

If Trump himself was somehow directly involved then he as a US citizen falls under a different set of rules and election laws and that might be something along the lines of the Watergate (the gate that started all -gates lol) break in. As well as cyber laws. But of course there is no connection there to Trump.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: eisegesis

If Russia did in fact collaborate with the Trump to steal the election, I would suggest that he be removed. 

It depends on what you consider stealing.
Hacking and releasing dirt on democrats isnt stealing. They can hack whoever the hell they want if they dont have sufficient security. If they did the hacking which we pretty much already know they didn't, but even if they did, i would call that "doing what they had to in order to survive" and not only that but "avoiding ww3".

Now, taking a look at what the democrats have done, to bernie, tried to do to trump, i would definitely consider that "stealing the dem primary" and "attempting to steal the presidency", and by screwing over Bernie they put trump in the white house because bernie probably would have won, so, maybe thats not stealing the election but definitely they subverted it and handed it to trump by propping up hillary as his opponent when, if nature had been allowed to take its course, it would have been bernie, but then, i believe bernie let it happen so he was a part of it too.

But hey im glad trump won. Im just saying, Hillary and the top level democrats and their aides did a hell of a lot more to unethically, illegally and immorally alter the course and result of the election.

If the Russians did hack and release some info allowing more people to know The Goddamned Truth then i see nothing wrong with that. There is no freaking rule that says that they have to hack everyone equally. How ridiculous. They didn't do the hacks (or leaks) but even if they did (im sure they probably tried and maybe even succeeded but the revelations made public did not come from them, they probably just kept it to themselves) we should thank them and not blame them.

If Trump himself was somehow directly involved then he as a US citizen falls under a different set of rules and election laws and that might be something along the lines of the Watergate (the gate that started all -gates lol) break in. As well as cyber laws. But of course there is no connection there to Trump.

thank you for that Watergate comment I really needed that to clear things up because I'm the fire gate guy and there's information being kept from me concerning not only my REAL job such as finding a way to make water work on earth, but moreover the new job I somehow picked up which I'm not exactly sure of the particulars which could assist me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: SparkyMcBurny

If it was Russia we have to ask ourselves a question. Did they lie to us? If they told lies then it is unacceptable, if they influenced us with truth, then it would be considered an olive branch.

Not so much as ONE person has stepped up to say "these are fake!" or "i never wrote that email!". It has never been refuted. All they are focused on is finding who to blame. That's why they want to point the finger at the Russians so it will be easier to paint it as a "despicable act" because if they admit that there is a much higher likelihood that it was an internal Leak by one of Their Own people, then people will start to see it in a totally different light... They will see the leaker as more of a whistleblower, a hero, like snowden. They will wonder what was so bad that this individual felt the need to come forward with this information. And more everyday people will start to look at the Information Itself.

As long as they can point to foreign enemy, THE America's Original Ancient Nemesis Enemy, then they can continue to paint the narrative as "look what the Russians Did to us again!" "they just hate us and want us destroyed!" "trump actually wants to be FRIENDS with these evil bastards!" etc.

But, yeah, nobody is trying to say the leak/hacks were fake/hoaxed/lies. They know they can't because there will be a digital trail/signature that will lead back to themselves so there is no points denying it. Someone will be able to prove otherwise. ..

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The central question isn't whether the emails were faked, but why Putin so clearly wants Trump.

I'm not sure what Putin wants, but I know he is NOT AT ALL interested in Making America Great Again. The real question is if Trump is seriously compromised to an adversarial foreign government.

link   

The central question isn't whether the emails were faked, but why Putin so clearly wants Trump.

I'm not sure what Putin wants, but I know he is NOT AT ALL interested in Making America Great Again. The real question is if Trump is seriously compromised to an adversarial foreign government.

link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Just to add, even if it doesn't point directly back at them, they are most assuredly in the path. I do see your point.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

That was some of the same talk about Obama. I wouldn't say that Trump is compromised by Russia. It could just as easily be said that Trump has compromised Russia. Trumps game plan so far, has been good. You could be right, but if I was a betting man, I would say that Trump is playing the Russians. If, and only if they can be 100% proven guilty.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join