It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower just shredded Obama's 'Russian Hacker' narrative

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
NSA Whistleblower Destroys Obama's Russia Narrative - "Hard Evidence Points To An Inside Leak, Not Hacking"

William Binney a retired high ranking U.S. Intelligence Official who turned whistle blower in 2002 blew the whistle again, with the help of some true patriots.

A group of retired senior intelligence officials, including the NSA whistleblower William Binney (former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA), have posted an open letter on consortiumnews.com that destroys the Obama administration's "Russian hacking" narrative. Within the letter, Binney argues that, thanks to the NSA's "extensive domestic data-collection network," any data removed remotely from Hillary Clinton or DNC servers would have passed over fiber networks and therefore would have been captured by the NSA who could have then analyzed packet data to determine the origination point and destination address of those packets. As Binney further notes, the only way the leaks could have avoided NSA detection is if they were never passed over fiber networks but rather downloaded to a thumb drive by someone with internal access to servers.

and

Binney further notes that the manner in which the media's "sources" are equivocating by using phrases like "our best guess" implies that the NSA has not been able to trace the Hillary or DNC "hacks" across fiber networks. And, since the NSA tracks basically every packet that travels across U.S. networks, Binney concludes that it's effectively impossible that the WikiLeaks data came from a "hack."

or if you prefer:

Putin's credibility gets a shot in the arm and the possibility of a coup to overturn the election is DOA if this story goes viral.

William Binney (U.S Intelligence Official)

Great day for freedom.

edit on 12/19/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/12/2016 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Assange offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in Seth Rich’s killing so he either was the source of the leak or Assange wants everyone to think that to protect the real mole.
edit on Tue Dec 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed...

Now, not saying it was this guy, but maybe something
along these lines...

NSA arrests longtime employee - Leaks still unsolved:
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If the Russians did all this hacking they are accused of then why has no Russian whistleblower emerged?

If Clinton kept all these state secrets on her home computer why did she keep it there and not in an official establishment.
How could she keep all this stuff without anyone knowing she's got it?

Makes me think it all had something to do activities which are restricted to the 0.5%

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
At this stage the damage is already done, the Russian thing has been pushed so much that braindead idiots will believe it no matter what anyone says.

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes true

The MSM has deliberately put out false info to discredit Trump in the eyes of millions of Americans, I think this was the point all along.
Its my sincere hope that we do get proof that it was an inside job and all these media outlets and talking heads who pushed "The Russians did it" narrative are sued to within an inch of their lives if not jailed

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It was possibly that DNC guy that got killed.
That shoe could certainly fit.

originally posted by: Maxatoria
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

The NSA has the ability to automate just about anything I would imagine. That was the nature of programs like Echelon and that which followed it (I forget the name off the top of my head). Computers analyse all that with AI programs.

I'm no expert, hell probably not even an amateur, so you would know more than I, but this just seemed logical to me.
edit on 20-12-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Automation is good to a point but it always has and will still require someone to check over the actual thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

thanks to the NSA's "extensive domestic data-collection network," any data removed remotely from Hillary Clinton or DNC servers would have passed over fiber networks and therefore would have been captured by the NSA who could have then analyzed packet data to determine the origination point and destination address of those packets

Shouldn't this all be common knowledge by now? Should we really even have needed "NSA whistleblower/Mr Computer Expert/Man With Inside Knowledge" to tell us this?

Did Snowden sacrifice his entire career/livelihood/citizenship/ever seeing his family and friends again, for nothing?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Automation is good to a point but it always has and will still require someone to check over the actual thing.

The hypothetical hacks happened god knows how long ago, and they werent able to detect that because of all the data to sort through... Ok I can buy that.

Then the hypothetical hacks, with details as to what information got "hacked" was released to the entire world, what, 2 months ago, or more? They have it pretty narrowed down at that point, as to what they need to look for and where they need to look, with the best, fastest computers available, and all that manpower, budget, etc, and this would have to be a "top priority" kind of thing, second to only the ongoing safety of the United States, and two months later, all we have is "their best guess"? Come on...

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
~snip~

The MSM has deliberately put out false info to discredit Trump in the eyes of millions of Americans, I think this was the point all along.
~snip~

What's hilarious about this to me is even now, after everything they've pulled over the last year and a half, they (msm, left) still haven't figured out the harder they try to do this, the MORE credible he becomes!

When you find yourself in a hole, with a shovel, STOP DIGGING, yo!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Such boxes exists. As ISP we use it. It is not NSA level equipment but pretty capable. Applications vary from high capacity routers through firewalls to monitoring and especially traffic shapers.

Eeavesdropping on datahouse level is pretty simply because connection between server rooms and colocation rooms are usually done by housing company. To get direct cable is usually quite difficult even for us who have few racks in colocation room. So almost all traffic goes through few master switches controlled by housing company, and here is mirroring to alphabet room done.

For clarity this is my experience from Czech Rep.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

And, since the NSA tracks basically every packet that travels across U.S. networks

Great day for freedom.

Yeah, how about no..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Seen this story a couple of weeks ago and low and behold no major MSM outlet picked up on this story. Why? It was labeled FAKE NEWS....

Oh but now all of a sudden the guy who was this whistleblower got louder and that story that the MSM decided to ignore has become a shocking whiplash.

I really really really really HATE state run media. So glad I stopped watching people tell me lies and do my own homework.

The truth is always harder to get because a lie is easier to be found more often than not because the media says so.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria
If I had a computer with facial recognition it would be instantaneous.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yeah, to a certain extent, perhaps, but you have to consider the relative ease with which this data should be found - given the subsequent public release of the supposedly hacked material, NSA have the actual data they would be looking for.

Binney has an insane resume, highly placed in the NSA, 30 years as a cryptanalyst, designed and developed NSA's original internet-surveillance-system, the precursor to TrailBlazer etc etc.

When this guy talks about stuff like this, we should pay attention.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Assange himself agrees it could be Russians, and you people still fabricate reality to make it possible for even Aliens to have leaked it before the Russians.

What's scary is YOUR narrative, because it's so questionable and baseless for any possible number of motives.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
Assange himself agrees it could be Russians, and you people still fabricate reality to make it possible for even Aliens to have leaked it before the Russians.

"Could be" is far cry from "is" - especially when the word "evidence" is thrown around like it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

"Could be" is far cry from "is" - especially when the word "evidence" is thrown around like it is.

Well duh, it also COULD BE the Japanese. That's the whole reason blaming the Russians is stupid right?

But now let's talk about these people THAT KNOW WITHOUT DOUBT the Russians didn't do it.

My point is; how #ing strange, where did these people come from?

Edit: To be honest, I'm not real content with the idea of blaming anyone until specific individuals are found. I'm pretty sure the first thing hackers learn is to conceal their location. It's pretty common practice for people to route proxies all over the god damned world just to download a movie. And then you also don't know who is sitting at that keyboard, even if it is in 'Russia'.

However, it's to the point where people almost act like Russians are oblivious to hacking, they're kind of known for being hackers prior to this incase you didn't know. That's the part to me that screams this is a psy-op. Russians just "can't hack!" now.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

What's scary is YOUR narrative, because it's so questionable and baseless for any possible number of motives.

Could be anyone. Depending on your bias that's what you believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join