It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday Humor? Obama Warns Trump On Use Of "Executive Orders"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obama is giving Trump some advice about the executive orders. He tried to do thing legislatively, but when that didn't work, out came the pen.

The President who once taunted Republicans in Congress with phrases like "elections mean something" and "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone" before signing a litany of executive orders, is now admonishing President-elect Trump on doing the same. In an interview posted this morning with National Public Radio, Obama said that while Trump would be "entirely within his lawful power" to sign executive orders, his "preference" should be to govern through bipartisan legislation.
www.zerohedge.com...

In the video Obama is actually very firm, but waffled on the use of executive orders. But at the end of the video he said that Trump is with in his rights to undue the things Obama did. Then Obama said he wants people to vote, it means something.

edit on 19-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think Trump will have adequate counsel in making such choices. His advisors and appointees aren't hayseeds.

As to the President's preference for bipartisan support, I also see Trump capable of the Art of the Deal. I've always been puzzled over President Obama's seeming unwillingness to barter and horse trade, errr I mean compromise.

Regardless, one more month and it all becomes a footnote.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
All words that this POSUS should have heeded himself 8 years ago
History is not going to be kind to Obama

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

IMO, Obama was lazy. And, he doesn't work well with others. It takes hard work, concerted effort to build relationships, and leadership to be able to work across the aisle and get important things done. Obama preferred to "play golf" and use his phone and pen rather than do the hard work it takes to get things done legislatively.

Many of his EOs need to be scrapped.

edit on 19-12-2016 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
With all the executive orders I read from past presidents (and the current one)...
Seems they are all about grabbing your food, land, water, money and guns. (if needed)
Taking your bank accounts, vehicles, oil and gas rights, property, and homes. (if needed)
They only need to enforce the orders and get exactly what they want anyway.

So if Trump wants to impress the country, he would abolish most of the EO's that literally steal from the American people.

But, as I imagine won't happen with Trump either, I don't see any POTUS eliminating executive orders.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Damn, I didn't realize how much he has aged in 8 years!!!
First and last State of the Union

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, it's not like President Obama issued tons of them.

Yeah, presidency really ages people... it's crazy. Except Cheney, I guess.
edit on 20Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:33:09 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed, he had the opportunity to do everything that Trump is starting to do, but for some reason he didn't do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Yep, it takes the pep out of the step.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Pot meet kettle. ....

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

IMO, Obama was lazy. And, he doesn't work well with others. It takes hard work, concerted effort to build relationships, and leadership to be able to work across the isle and get important things done. Obama preferred to "play golf" and use his phone and pen rather than do the hard work it takes to get things done legislatively.

Many of his EOs need to be scrapped.

President Obama was the one who needs to work with others?

I think you need a history refresher:

"Our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term"

edit on 20Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:39:26 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Well, it's not like President Obama issued tons of them.

Yeah, presidency really ages people... it's crazy. Except Cheney, I guess.

They age, but as a whole, modern Presidents live, and lead active lives (like Skydiving), longer than the average man in America. I started a thread on this in 2014, cause I thought they had access to some tippy-top-secret drugs. But ATS members concluded that Presidents just eat and exercise properly, until they die at ripe old ages.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I don't care for Mitch McConnell, but I always took that statement with a grain of salt, just something the other side says because of sour grapes. I think any opposing side would have that same attitude.

Obama was the one elected president. He should have looked at that as a challenge and did the hard work to reach across the aisle and get things done. He was mean-spirited and vindictive, imo, and had no clue how to be a real leader that gets the hard stuff accomplished.

On top of that, he contributed heavily to the aura of hyper partisanship.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Obama will be quoted on this blunder for decades.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Trump should sign an EO undoing all previous EOs, and ending the use of any future EOs unless approved by the Majority of Congress and Senate.

Presidents should not be ruling by decree.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow...

What an impressive hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I like how he tried to do it legislatively, but that didn't work so he went to the executive orders. You could tell on the video that It hurt him to say that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Odd that Obama claims his first two years he didn't need EO's. "On my first two years, I wasn't relying on executive powers because we had big majorities"

Then why his first two years, he passed 74 EOs?

Lips moving again.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Did he mention this:

Obama Has Lost In The Supreme Court More Than Any Modern President

He must feel jilted.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That I didn't know.

Best part of the story.

Obama’s Own Justices Are Voting Against Him