It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramifications for humanity if there is no God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
First and foremost does that make us bat# crazy?
Has our belief in God condemned us to extinction due to our believed destiny with God?

If there is no God is it all just a waste of time?

Post your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

If there is no God is it all just a waste of time?

That all depends on what you do with your life.

Did you make others happy?
Did you stand up for the downtrodden?
Did you always try to be a good person?

Did you teach these values to those who need them or your children?

If the answer to those questions is yes...
Then it was worth it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If no God, some will be crushed, some will be ecstatic. And I'm sure some will bounce to other ends of the spectrum at some point in their lives.

We're here anyway by no choice so we have to do what we think is important with our time.

I'm enjoying myself somewhat, but I consider it all a waste of time, so maybe it would help to have a drive beyond this physical world whether it's real or just placebo.

edit on 19-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Ramifications for humanity if there is no God

Ramifications for humanity if there is a God ?
much more interesting

literal chaos...

the world over hard drives will be destroyed

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

DP

edit on 19-12-2016 by kibric because: naughty

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I don't know. But the experience of God is not bat# crazy. It's healthy. And we probably would still be living in trees and caves and flinging poo at each other without it.

I know I know we still do that in a way. But you know what I mean.

edit on 147Monday000000America/ChicagoDec000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

I don't know. But the experience of God is not bat# crazy. It's healthy. And we probably would still be living in trees and caves and flinging poo at each other without it.

What about Allah or Budda?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

If no God, some will be crushed, some will be ecstatic.

This is something that I have wondered about from time to time. (And if I had more time, I would create a thread about).

Lets say there are two people... Person A and Person B

Person A is by all means a "good" person that happens to be an Atheist and doesn't believe in a loving God or afterlife.

Person B is by all means a "good" person that happens to believe in a loving God and an afterlife.

If suddenly both their lives on Earth are ended... I suspect Person B will be glad that they were right and there is a God and afterlife (and if they were wrong... they clearly would never know).

In life, even if Person A doesn't "believe" that they are wrong... would he, even in life, hope he is wrong?

edit on 19-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: clarification

edit on 19-12-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

the notion that :

without " my " imaginary friend - everything is just a waste of time

is even more absurd than the origional need to have an imaginary freind

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
If you have the spirit of humility, the sword of knowledge, and the shield of faith....

Partake of the sacrament "God particle" and tell me what you discover.

Beware the shamanic path isn't for pu$$ies but intellectual masturbation is! Keep it up and you go blind!

Ramifications....you reap what you sow.
edit on 19-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Person A would be OK if they were a truly nice person though. God would allow them to get to know his son and make a choice.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
First explain how you would go about proving such a thing. It's as much a fool's errand as trying to prove His existance.

He either exists or He doesn't, but there is no way you or I are going to produce concrete evidence of it at any point in our lifetimes.

So there is an impasse.

I believe, and I had faith even before personal experiences that validated it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: BlueMule

What about Allah or Budda?

The entirety of world religion and myth is a single unit. The differences are illusion and vanity.

The essence of religion is self-transcendence, not a binary question about gods existence or what her name is.

"Absolutely. I mean, again the phrase, “the “human as two”” is meant as sort of the balancing point because of course the history of religion, the history of these experiences were usually understood to be some kind of God or deity or transcendent world intervening in the life of the person, wherewith these modern mystics, these authors and artists, they’re usually suspicious of those kinds of religious projections. They don’t see these experiences as proving the existence of God, per se, or some Heaven or some Hell.

They see these experiences establishing that the “human as two”, not that the human being is experiencing God but that the human experience of God is actually a human experience of some other aspect of the human being. God is, if you will, a name previous cultures and eras have given to this other part of who we actually are. So this ends up effectively divinizing human beings, but not the social self or the ego, not what I call the “Clark Kent” aspect of who we are but this sort of secret self, the other side of it that peeks through very rarely but fairly consistently throughout human history. So it’s really a way of trying to humanize and bring down the divinity into human experience." -Jeffrey Kripal

edit on 174Monday000000America/ChicagoDec000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: eluryh22

Person A would be OK if they were a truly nice person though. God would allow them to get to know his son and make a choice.

I can't say what God would or wouldn't do but I'll say I'm inclined to agree with you.

But my question to people who DON'T believe that there is something more after mortal life is... do you hope you are wrong (and there is something more) or do you hope you are right (and there is nothing)...?

Note: I meant "you" in the generic sense not "you, yuppa"

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The way I see it, if there is no God, or some manner of deeper reality, that we indeed are just the product of random interactions of cosmic accidents, then we are up #t Creek. If things were rolling along smoothly, if we were, as Children of the Primordial Mud, managing ourselves in a more mature manner, I might say so what, we are doing fine stand a chance of continuing as a self regulating species. But by what I can see of humanity at this juncture, the only hope I can find for this momentary blip on the radar of eternal Chaos, is that we are, rather, involved with a level of existence that most of us at this point can only guess at.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We are only capable of anthropomorphizing GOD; Unless you can cease and desist in the cognitive shortcuts.

It's simple, but it ain't easy....and often leads to madness!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I believe in God, the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Whether or not I approve of what He does, it's above my understanding and my trust is in Him.

Look at the alternatives.

YOU?!

NOTHING?!

MYSELF?!

You and I are proof that God is real.

Compare it to freedom of speech.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Does there have to be a god to experience another reality beyond this physical one we're in now?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Does there have to be a god to experience another reality beyond this physical one we're in now?

No, but it helps....Have you ever gone on a spirit quest!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the notion that :

without " my " imaginary friend - everything is just a waste of time

is even more absurd than the origional need to have an imaginary freind

"Oh look, some one has a different opinion to me so I will be rude and mock them"

is how I read your comments

little man syndrome?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join