It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A basic lesson in logic.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Hi, thanks for your post. The difference between knowledge and wisdom is that wisdom imposes some sort of morality element. In the context of that Star Wars clip, this makes no sense because George Lucas is a Hack. But I digress.

Unforunately, I don't believe in morality. This, in my opinion, is a term invented to justify heinous acts and to impose control over the populace. "We had to do it because they were immoral." "We had to do it because it was the moral thing to do."

I may believe that cutting pieces of paper into thirds is immoral. I don't require any justification for this. There is no sense in this line of thinking, and yet when bound by the rules of "If I FEEL something is moral, then it is" - it's perfectly acceptable.

We don't make laws based on morality. We make laws based on "Do I want someone doing that to me?" Hence Murder is illegal. Hence rape is illegal - funny side note, "Thou Shalt Not Rape" isn't a commandment. Hence theft is illegal. Some of the most ridiculous laws still on the books were made because of "morality". No sodomy? HA. You'll have to throw everyone under 35 and in a relationship in prison.

So when we remove morality from the knowledge VS wisdom discussion, Wisdom just becomes Knowledge again.

I do feel the tone has changed on ATS, drastically. There were always a fair number of crazies who were "going to believe whatever they believe and that's that". However the denial has never been as vocal as it is today. Never. It's my hope that we can return to some of the more logical discussions. I can't quite explain why THIS particular discussion (HRC v. Trump) was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it was.
edit on 3-1-2017 by MrSensible because: f

edit on 3-1-2017 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join