It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian ambassador Andrei Karlov 'wounded' in gun attack in Turkey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The Russian ambassador to Ankara, Andrei Karlov, has been shot and seriously injured while visiting an art gallery, Turkish media report.

Several other people were reportedly also injured in the attack, a day after protests in Turkey over Russia's military intervention in Syria.

Russian ambassador Andrei Karlov 'wounded' in gun attack in Turkey

Is this it?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This has got a very disturbing Arch Duke Ferdinand in Sarajevo/spark that touched off World War One feel to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

i got the same feeling

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
does it hurt to be so paranoid and fearfull ?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't find using my brain to note historical patterns possibly repeating painful personally.
a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Damn, ill change the narrative instead, " Im a Monkey who loves stories, even better when i believe i do anything except, eat s# and sleep.."

edit on 20161219 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They're saying he has died now. Let's hope this does not spark any more violence.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I always blame the American CIA fundamentally.....they twist every single situation to suit American money interests....they asked me to join them in 1974, I refused......so two days later lies appeared in the papers about me. A big fake story they were working on in 1974 appeared as the main news headlines three years later, I knew it was all faked. They're probably behind a lot of mass bombings in the Middle East, some of these people with bombs tied to their bodies will have been hypnoprogrammed to do what they've done.

Hypnoprogramming.......it might be interesting to some people that the head of the CIA unit in Edinburgh.....his code name.....
was Mr Caligari.......they explained that the psychology of the CIA, & other groups agreeing to work with the CIA, believe that "openness" is important......you guys all think they're nervous about these atrocities.....in fact, they deliberately disarmingly openly describe all of their violent intentions to you......and they deliberately leave all sorts of hints in the mainstream media......Caligari, if you're familiar with the silent movie, The Cabinet Of Doctor Caligari, gives a hint hypnoprogramming in the code name......they like doing things like that, though the head of the CIA in Edinburgh would not be known to too many people, in that particular instance.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well the footage was certainly graphic. A lot of snackbarring, as to be expected.

Gunman was killed shortly after the assassination.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Also. The ambassador is dead.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

Watched the video, didn't seem overly graphic to me. There's a little voice in me that says "staged", but I wouldn't know. Nonetheless, very worrying geopolitical implications this might have. We'll see how the story develops..

edit: the title should be fixed, he was apparently 'killed'.
edit on 19 12 16 by snchrnct because: (no reason given)

edit on 19 12 16 by snchrnct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if I should post a response here or post it in one of the conspiracy forums, but what the heck - I'll start here:

Imo it's a very good possibility that this killing was ordered by one of Putin's enemies. Obama comes to mind as just days ago he threatened retaliation against Russia for the supposed hacking of our election:

The president discussed the potential for American retaliation with Steve Inskeep of NPR for an interview to air on Friday morning. “I think there is no doubt that when any foreign government tries to impact the integrity of our election,” Mr. Obama said, “we need to take action. And we will — at the time and place of our choosing.”

Source

It's been said that people close to Putin would be killed as a warning to him. Take, for example, what happened to Putin's chauffeur in Moscow a few months ago:

Russian media has revealed that a head-on crash in which a man was killed involved Vladimir Putin's official black BMW. However the Russian President was not in the car at the time when it was struck head-on by another vehicle which crossed over from the opposite side of the road.

CCTV images of the footage taken on Kutuzovsky Avenue in the Russian capital Moscow show how the Mercedes collided head-on with the presidential BMW.

Russian media said that the car was being driven by Putin's favourite official driver, and that he was killed instantly, but that the President was not in the vehicle at the time. The car is officially registered as belonging to the Federation Council, also known as the Russian Senate or Upper Chamber of Parliament.

Source

Not only that, it's no secret that Obama can't stand Putin.

I am concerned about what will transpire between now and January 20th, esp. if this was a political hit ordered by the West.

Thoughts, ATS?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I remember when Obama went to Moscow Putin looked at him with unconcealed disgust, that was during his "don't mess with Russia" , a few years back. Its common knowledge that Putin does not like homosexual men. In fact Russia in general thinks its an aberration which shouldn't be encouraged . In the West we have been bombarded by a gay agenda, its been a bit over the top. As just about every show has it as a normalisation. This said I think Putin would know that if one thing gets accepted as the norm, then the trend setters would have already started on the next norm, the sexualisation of children. Which if you follow the agenda , paedophilia is just a natural expression of sexuality like any other. So if Russia was involved in the leaking of the e mails it wouldn't be any wonder that it would be these. That would hit them in their "new" culture like a bombshell, because the western public will never be ready for the new norm.
So in that sense we have a war against the traditional and the rainbow makers, it gonna be an interesting few weeks.

new topics

top topics

join