It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking ATS Members Thoughts -- If a UFO Arrives - But Does Not Communicate.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemustWhat is likely to play-out with our government, and with mankind in general, if a 500 foot Triangle UFO just sat over Manhattan for a long time?

And it did not communicate? So, it clearly posed no immediate threat, other than just sitting there? And the Government did not have a clue where it came from - nothing was seen approaching - it just suddenly popped into existence just there? Then, after a while, it would disappear again?

Well, I guess that at least the folks that lived right under the thing would try to get away from under it in case it might fall down. This would probably result in some stampedes and lots of people being hurt. The media would be all over it, too big to deny. The Government would be puzzled, chances are they have never imagined this to be possible so there is no scenario available, no plan A nor B.

What will be done is damage control: sending help to assist the wounded, ensuring that those that want to leave do so in an orderly way, soothing an calming down. They would not fire at it and would strongly advise against it, as it might provoke unwanted actions. They would possibly decide to send out some fighters or helicopters to investigate the thing, but would be hesitant to provoke it let alone shoot at it, as that would always result in collateral damage. If you'd fire a rocket at it, that might bounce off and end up killing innocent citizens. It may even trigger the thing to fire back which might return in choppers falling down in Manhattan, or even worse if they managed to shoot the thing down.. image the damages if a 500 ft object crashed in Manhattan.

Let's face it: if that is a ship of some kind it's almost certainly build (or grown, or projected, created, who knows what) by some intelligence vastly superiour to us. If they were agressive, it would be of no use to float a ship above a city, they would simply destroy us.

If nothing else happened and it disappeared later on, it would soon be explained away as a natural phenomenon. Strange cloud formation. Weird reflection of surface structures. Or, at best, an unknown phenomenon. Which is actually correct: if they don't communicate, it is just that - an unknown phenomenon.

So, actually - even if it did happen, it would not prove anything nor change much, alas. Those that believe in the ET hypothesis would be convinced ET showed up (though no proof of it was found) and the skeptics would say "look, an inversion, some stray light and a flock of birds created an amazing simulacrum".

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Some of what I am about to write has been written already - but this is my take:

1. Government would declare the area above the city as a no-fly zone.
2. Government would declare a no-camera zone (siting public safety).
3. The entire city would be placed under military control and a perimeter would be set up and patrolled and probably a fence of some sort would be constructed (probably declaring some sort of disaster).
4. All citizen's within the perimeter would be evacuated, but each citizen would necessarily have to sign non-disclosure documents and swear to not speak of it (probably be fed a line that it is a secret military project).
5. After evacuation - (assuming no communication) the military would attempt to bring it down or chase it off.
6. If the military successfully brought it down - disaster confirmed - city declared a hazard zone until nuclear or chemical cleanup completed.
7. After most of the cleanup is completed (all alien materials removed and bodies-if any), news crews would be allowed back in to report on the "disaster" and the cleanup. And government "mouth pieces" would explain the why, how, and wherefore, of the disaster. If any information is leaked - the standard "weather balloon" or "swamp gas" explanation will do, or they might invent a new type of explanation, but I doubt it.

My summation is based on previous reactions by the government and what seems to be the standard operating procedure.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Firstly, why does everybody assume that aliens will be hostile? Secondly, if they were hostile no and I mean no military leader would enter enemy territory and just sit there. They would attack immediately as surprise is the name of the game.
Now if it just sat there one could say with 99% certainty that they are non hostile so why come first with a military response. The only thing that the military should do is form a cordon around the area. Not to keep it secret but to stop any random nutjob starting the Earths destruction.
Then try to get the best people (I don't mean military) to try and communicate and monitor it to try and find out where it came from, if it is controlled by any entities (it might be a drone type thing with no-one aboard) but more importantly how it works (the technology behind the craft).
In the last event just wait for them to communicate. If the fly off without communicating then so what, we will know that definitely we are not alone in the universe.
Oh, I almost forgot, if it is a reconnaissance craft for a future invasion likely they are way, way more advanced than us so we're f***** either way.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You have to consider the possibility that this ship would not be the only one in the solar neighborhood. It could be similar to a response testing assault, similar to that which might be carried out by a bank heist crew to establish how quickly a response could be mustered, and what weight it might carry. The aim of the affront is not to actually conquer anything, but to risk a certain amount to establish the capabilities of an opponent.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Old Frank would likely get his antique buffalo rifle out of storage and try to take a few pot shot's at it, someone would likely even fire a missile given some of the US earlier un regulated weapon's sale's and the fact there are probably still several thousand in private possession in the US.

An attempt at communication would be made, if for a month it may included radio, visual and even laser based attempt's at communication but as public pressure on the president whom would by this time be seen as increasingly impotent grew he would likely order an attempt to board the craft either with drone robot's or manually but aggression would likely be the final resort, the city would of course have been evacuated and a cordon put around it by this time and with the public removed the US would probably fly some of it's own black triangles by the ET vessel to see it's reaction though that could be a drastic mistake as letting them know that we have certain technology's could be a tactical error.

Why would it be just hovering there.

Observation - flawed as it would be by it's visual presence causing altered behavior in the observed.

Testing - AKA tactical analysis.

Broken down but still partially operational - just waiting for a two truck from alpha centauri.

Just taking there time, perhaps the colonists are in cold suspension and waiting to wake up.

A gift from an alien culture to the human race.

A dead ship on autopilot with no one alive to answer the communication attempt's - once again something either went wrong or it was a failed mission.

Time travel, may not even be alien.

Other dimensional, it may not even be a UFO but a projection of a high rise inter-dimensional energy reactor of some kind in an alternate reality - there is a super sky scraper there and they don't even know that there technology which harvest's inter dimensional distortion's or oscillation's to convert them to energy is even protruding into those other reality's or conversely a filling station based on this principle, it is just parked there and they don't even know it is being projected into our reality.

A juvenile alien joy rider who is hiding behind the back seat screaming in fear and wanting the horrific scary hairless ape creatures to go away.

edit on 19-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBritI would seriously thought that they would have already done their reconnaissance before making themselves known. It could even be that this is what all the incursions in past years has been about. Recon.
I seriously think that if they have the technology to come here then we will be outgunned anyway. So hurry up and finish that beer.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i say nuke it and say it was the Russians....

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

and with mankind in general, if a 500 foot Triangle UFO just sat over Manhattan for a long time?

becomes a Japanese fetish ?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would be more concerned if they were hung out for a month or two and didn't even try to communicate....and then powered up and left! Damn! To think your planet was so bad that they just didn't try to communicate! If they have a ship that big and advanced, you know darn well they could spit out a few words English. But to show up and then bust ass getting out???? Not a good sign!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Inappropriate selfies with it (let's assume we've set up a crane high enough to get people next to or on it.)

They'll eventually laugh, leave, or vaporize Earth.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

OO, fun!
Going with a positive attitude that's not easy to shake off...

I would assume the craft's occupants knows about the 'incoming thingymajig' that the sky-watchers noticed a couple weeks ago/hypothetically...coming right at us! Was what they cried...

I would then assume I will see something spectacular in the way that the craft protects us!

Like it could be something that later days would rain gold down upon us all!

What else could make currency become a hug and a kiss of gratitude?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

An interesting topic but it is time for Wheel of Fortune.I will
get back to this later.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

ONE doe's wonder why there aren't DECENT CAVALRY trained personnel around to go tell the rude visitor "PLEASE MOVE" after knocking on said saucer...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm guessing the movie "Arrival" prompted the question (great movie BTW). In that case they were over major cities in multiple countries. I suspect real life would play out somewhat similar to the movie, least as far as the military surrounding it

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I've never heard of the movie "Arrival", but if it's similar to the scenario I used to start this thread, it's worth checking out!

Once again, thank-you to everyone who spelled out your beliefs of how mankind would most likely react should a craft appear and hover for an indefinite period of time over Manhattan.

I think the longer it stayed there, the more pressure there would be for the military powers of the world to do "something". Maybe after the physics and other paranormal experts have had their "shots" at communicating with it first.

Hopefully we'll try every method known to man before resorting to shooting it. Or even better... wait until the craft makes the first move, whatever or whenever that will be.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It just came out last month. It deals with a scenario similar to yours. Military surrounds. No communication, so they bring in a team of language experts to try and find out what they want. Meanwhile, tension around the globe rises.

edit on 12/19/2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If its in any major city anywhere in the world, it will get grafittied... or even stolen?. I'm liking a scenario where Aliens arrive at a police station to report a stolen UFO.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PBL666
If its in any major city anywhere in the world, it will get grafittied... or even stolen?. I'm liking a scenario where Aliens arrive at a police station to report a stolen UFO.

I wonder which major city would be the worst for this UFO to hover over? Which country would have the least patience and begin attacking it with ground-to-air, or air-to-air missiles?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Lagomorphe

OK pick a city of your choice and run with "what would we do". I don't think the OP meant any slight to international posters.

Since the OP used a triangle as his example I can't imagine too much would happen except a cute little cover story that "one of ours" had a malfunction and they were working on it. LOL! Our imaginations would cause some panic, and the inevitable UFO parties with those who want to welcome our "space brothers". At least all the political bickering would stop for a day or two.

I am picking a continent :

Asia for example.

Warmest respects

Lags

If it stayed more than a month they'd build condos on it.

In fact that would be a pretty good idea. Maybe they'd be affordable for oh, IDK, Republicans? Make them nice. No Unions, no Healthcare, just the upper crust as it were.

Hey it might work?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Hey, I like those.

(UPI) One week ago, a mysterious mile wide black obelisk appeared over Brazil's capital city hovering motionless and silent at about 5,000 feet.

Three days after it departed, following a Forças Armadas Brasileiras, IPA military build up in the area, persumably in a planned attempt to force the object out of their airspace, a small, 100 meter diameter asteroid hit the city with a force equivalent to 124 megatons, creating a 1.8 km wide crater directly under the spot covered by the obelisk.

The United Nations declined to speculate on the purpose behind the appearance and sudden departure of the mysterious shape. There were the only remaining two Brazilian officials at the U.N. who declined to comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join