It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left is pissing me off.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your story is a harrowing one, and thanks for sharing it, but none of it is tied to left-wing principles. If anything, what you describe are Christian principles. A right-winger could do the very same. The left and right paradigm represents political principles, not moral ones.

But, But, you forget the arrogance that enables jokes to be made about it,

" Lord Young in the role of Minister for Housing and Planning. During this time, Young is alleged to have said "the homeless are what you step over when you come out of the opera"

That's a different world, a total failure of the concept that Lord Young was supposed to address, or if he even realised it.
To compound the underlying Tory arrogance in general, a different Lord Young in Cameron's advisory was completely happy with, " cheap British labour"...(presumably from any source), as long as it was cheap of course...notwithstanding that, Farage would have been happy to have done a deal with Cameron's new government at the time?? Cheap labour is akin to slave labour, don't forget that, the Donald likes that, he has used it the past, and was able to keep American unions quiet about it in very simple ways, not even hard to source the philosophy either.

edit on 19-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
This is one of those threads which encourage me to never visit ATS/Political Section(even in Rants) again.

There is a controversial debate, and by demanding that one side simply "shut TF up!" this is going straight into a anti-democratical territory.

Don't you remember the last election?
And the one before? And so on?

When every time there was this "WE DIDN'T LOSE! WE CAN'T LOSE!" by the losers of said election happened?

Asking for a recount - undemocratical?
Asking some people to follow their own code of morals about what is best for the country - wrong, too?

Sit down, we all have to accept the vote of about 62.8 million people (for Mr. Trump) over 65.4 million people (for Mrs. Clinton). It is a broken system and seemingly noone in charge wants to change that.
We are not the United State...We are the United State(S) of America...Each State gets its own vote...Where did you get the idea that the larger mob in one State gets to pick the boss for the rest of the States???

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

In order to be a liberal nowadays one must be a conservative.

The main principle of conservative philosophy is inheritance, that the wisdom passed down through the ages is smarter than any army of intellectuals, revolutionaries, economists, and societal planners. This inheritance takes millennia to build, but can be destroyed in one revolution. It is the height of arrogance and hubris to want to erase any of that, and it destroys the relationship between the dead, the living and the not yet born. In order to retain the liberal tradition, one must be a conservative.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

There is absolutely no need to compromise here.

The absence of a safety net, is basically a Thatcherite ideal which, like the woman who spawned it, needs to be put on the fire, and left to become ashes.

You can have a safety net provided by the people (the state) and you can have the compassion of family and community. They are not mutually exclusive in any small way, they do not argue with one another in the least. They promote one another, and are strengthened by one another, in the absence of propagandist waffle that might try to change that state.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm all for safety nets and in fact am blessed to be able to be in them right now, but safety nets and what the higher ups desire are just not as good as they could be. We don't think of social medicine like new Zealand does, we don't think of maternity leave like Denmark? Does.

We come up with a hundred different policies and plans, all with tons of resources, workers and a big budget backing them and a percentage gets back to the people.

It's about efficiency. USA is the richest country in the world, and nearly the richest per capita at that. We could easily fund so many things if we'd just focus and be efficient. It's like my own state, Utah, started housing homeless people and giving them training to find work. It's a win, win, win because its actually cheaper than the resources required to manage homeless people on the streets, so even if the person who's given housing doesn't find a job and pay rent, the state is saving money essentially.

But those up top in the federal government really don't care for such efficient measures, and its the people who suffer those consequences both by being taxed, and by not being taken care of when times are hard in a nation that can sure as hell afford to.
edit on 20-12-2016 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You're not alone. The left is beginning to anger everyone:

MTV pisses of the internet

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Seriously. I'm not a right wing person, nor an alt right nor even a Republican - I'm mostly libertarian and lean left on some social issues.

That being said, people that identify as Democrat, liberal and such are really starting to get to me. I've always tried to advocate tolerance and acceptance and embracing others and realizing they are human beings too.. But sometimes people just go to far.

To try to reject the election results, to do all they can to get electoral votes to change sides, to ruin Sanders campaign when he was the only genuinely decent person running, to have sketchy meetings with people in high positions while dealing with legal processes, to ignore huge amounts of data showing rampant corruption spreading through their party...

These are not just common every day errors, these really require a lack of brain power joined with a self righteous mentality.

Now, don't get me wrong. Far right people make me mad just as much, those that think trickle down economics is a principle that is true and works, those that hold their religious belief so high they believe it should be law - I'm not okay with these things.

But, that's not whats currently happening. The left is being shown as insanely corrupt, immoral, above the law, currently attempting to change who becomes president because a hissy fit is more important than our representative democracy - and the citizens themselves shut their eyes and ignore all crimes and all manner of immoral, unethical, unacceptable actions of those that represent their party while actively rejecting the will of the huge amount of Americans who practiced their freedom to vote for the president they wanted to represent them.

Anyways, I could go on but I will stop here. As a reminder I am not pretending that those on the right are any better in some cases, this post is more just addressing the current ongoing situations more than anything.

-deadlyhope

While I agree with everything you said are you talking about Sharia Law? Because I don't see Catholics, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans, or any other religion wanting there religious laws imposed on a Society?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Really?

You've never seen arguments of pro life that are based on religious belief alone, and those same people desire to make their religious beliefs law?

Seen businesses freak out over insurance providing birth control?

Read the pledge of allegiance or owned currency, which in modern times allude to God, specifically the Christian God?

Heard of Ted Cruz?

Anti gay marriage arguments...

The list goes on and on. I'm a Christian, and I'm personally quite conservative though I believe in more center to left policies, since they give people more freedom. I believe an amendment should be added to the constitution saying not only separation of church and state, separation of laws and policies and state. That if a law or otherwise is founded solely backed by religious beliefs, it's worth no more than the paper it's written on.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join