It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian C-130 with 13 on board crashes on approach

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Most of the water bomber fleet consists of old aircraft, but they're trying to change that and are actually adding jet aircraft now.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The deceased were identified as Maj. Marlon A. Kawer, Capt. J. Hontian F. Saragih, Capt. Rino, First Lt. Hanggo Fitradhi, First Lt. Arif Fajar Prayogi, Chief Warrant Officer Lukman Hakim, Chief Warrant Officer Suyata, Chief Master Sgt. Kudorim, Chief Warrant Officer Agung Tri, Chief Warrant Officer Agung S., Chief Master Sgt. Fatoni, Second Sgt. Suyanto and Second Lt. Kusen.

jakartaglobe.id...

It almost looks like they were hit by lightning at some point. The only large portion of the aircraft intact is the tail, and the very top of the vertical fin is blackened, while the rest appears to have almost no damage above the elevators.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thats a big lightening hit..

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

It's one of the few things I can think of that would leave scorching like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gurumuka
Then you must really hate Flight Global and Av Week for the public speculation by experts they air?

If it wasn't for public inquiry and speculation in a number of high profile incidents , the pressure this brings to open up with the truth can sometimes get buried. Think of the outrage, speculation and anguish displayed by MH370 victims families that pressured the Malaysian Govt and MAS to start providing information. I can think of at least one high profile incident in my country that ended up being covered up, exposed, the results of the investigation reversed and a parliamentary inquiry or two that brought recommendations for charges being laid against top bureaucrats.

And many of the people in this forum and on this thread are not armchair experts but both civil and military veterans with operators and manufacturers. Honestly this is not speculation by amateur accident rubber neckers here.

LEE.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
Yeah I have seen a lot of lightening hits and mapped many of them. I have never seen one that big with that much damage though. Maybe in your sheety career you have Blackfinger?

Hey Zaph, any idea yet on which ex RAAF H model it was? I used to fly on them 25 or so years back.

LEE.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Only replaced static discharges on the tail mate..

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

A97-005 c/n 4785

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Gotta hate those Christmas tragedies.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The aircraft was on a copilot training flight. The control tower got visual contact at 0608, after recommending they change to another runway due to weather in the area. The aircraft changed runways, but the area they impacted was covered in thick fog at the time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join