It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic’ just made history with its new cover--9 year Old Transgender Activist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"The best part about being a girl is I don't have to pretend to be a boy." Said Avery Jackson is a 9 year old trans activist.

Part of me thinks it is horrible that a small percentage of people are born as a male or female and know they feel the opposite. Truly a difficult situation and they should be able to be who they want to. Yet another part of me wants them to realize they are less important than they think, and if that makes them happy go for it. Don't be so concerned about what I think. I really don't care, and live and let live is so much easier than making a spectacle of yourself to "inform" me.

Avery is a 9 year old trans activist. And National Geographic made "history" because they put Avery one their cover, so they made their own history...

As part of its January 2017 issue exploring our evolving understandings and definitions of gender, National Geographic is featuring nine-year-old transgender rights activist Avery Jackson on its cover—the first time a trans person has made the cover of the magazine.

Avery is a youtube star for putting her transfermation out there for the public. She goes into how she figured out she was a girl in boys body.

Jackson rose to stardom last year when she began documenting her transition with “Avery Chats,” a series of YouTube videos describing how she came to understand her identity at such a young age and eventually came out to her parents as trans.

“When I was born, doctors said I was a boy, but I knew in my heart I was a girl,” Jackson explained in her first video. “So I may have some boy body parts, but that’s not wrong, that is OK.”
fusion.net...
edit on 16-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A nine year old boy (or girl whatever I honestly don't care) is a "YouTube star?"

Swear, man, people are #ing retarded.

This dude (or girl) is probably making a killing (monetarily) off of their YouTube status... lol.

This world is so backwards seeming at times.

+71 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

"You had intercourse with a 17 year old? They can't consent. They aren't old enough to understand. That is rape."

"Oh, you're a 9 year old boy that thinks you are a girl? Let's start the hormone treatments."

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
God loves all of his human children. That is what really matters.

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
God loves all of his human children. That is what really matters.

Except the ones he gives cancer to.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Next step is beastiality, Dog-humans etc

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Good point, these are not little decisions they are life changing decisions. As a whole I don't care, and by I don't care I mean, I hope that makes you happy. But I don't need to be informed, it's your decision. At 9 that is a big deal.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 16-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Exactly. When I was 9 years old I wanted to be a bullfighting spaceman firefighter.

I get that some people legitimately feel that they aren't born the right way. But if parents treat every child's fantasy as reality, and take steps to drastically alter that childs future, then that is a big problem.

PC shouldn't factor into a childs health.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Being 9, I'm not sure of the drugs that will eventually be a necessity. These can be dangerous as well.

The picture of this 9 year old is horrible too. Not what I think of when I think of someone who isn't 10 years old yet. NOT EVEN 10 YET!
edit on 16-12-2016 by seasonal because: spacing

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's that society treats these people horribly that is the issue. Good for National Geographic as the story and even being on YouTube can help others.

originally posted by: suvorov

No, just no. Please, that is not the direction here why do people keep touting that? Just let children such as in the OP suffer?

(post by Dan00 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Society treats everyone like crap. Everyone gets their fair share of bad things, you, me and yes the trans.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
It's that society treats these people horribly that is the issue. Good for National Geographic as the story and even being on YouTube can help others.

originally posted by: suvorov

No, just no. Please, that is not the direction here why do people keep touting that? Just let children such as in the OP suffer?

How do you know the child is not being exploited?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Good for National Geographic

I agree with you. These things need to be discussed in a civil, rational way.

even being on YouTube can help others. 

Hopefully the comments are disabled. Because you won't get civilized discussion in a youtube comment section.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Still doesn't change the fact that there is a penis and vagina - and that is it.

The brain, on the other hand, is still too complex for us to fully understand, that's another fact.

Born with a penis - boy
Born with a vagina - girl.

Then...becomes self aware and gathers influence and sets ego based on exposure to family / education / society and now in 2016/17 we have this cover.

Talking about this is good for society, acknowledging it even better BUT it's when the propaganda insists pushing (subtly) for full acceptance on certain demographics of what they have determined is a departure from the fundamental social axiom of 2 base genders.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Very true, and exploitation doesn't have to be physical. There is $, and mentally as well. I just hope that this is truly what is going to make her happy.

9 is real young, I would imagine all the toys he played with were geared more to girls, and now she can just be herself. Hope the teen growth spurt doesn't offer any change of heart. Lots of changes are coming.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I get it but making this so public is really just another shot at destroying identities. This is aimed at parents and how they raise children. Instead of parents trying to guide their children to productive avenues by limiting some choices I believe the goal is to convince parents to be totally hands off, which is very detrimental to children, see "The choice paradox" on why unlimited choices is damaging to not only children but people.

This is not some willy nilly Rainbows and unicorns where everything will work out great. There is real risk with real consequences for children as a whole.

a 9 year old youtube star who I am guessing is on the internet all day hearing praise from a bunch of people they don't even know. crazy.

At 9 years old this child is in the middle of the concrete operations stage, A 9 year old does not think in abstract of hypothetical terms. source-Piaget's theory of cognitive development.

It's not wrong because its transgender its wrong because of the magnitude of such a decision being left to themselves, especially before puberty.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hormones also have inherent dangers.

Why not just grow your hair long and dress the way you want and leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I wonder if it is the feeling of being feminine, no facial hair, voice changes, grow breasts. The adult decisions start real early with the trans, and yes the side effects for the hormones must be numerous and bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join