It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump Play His Supporters?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is a good video and it has several clips of Donald Trump almost mocking his supporters in a pretty arrogant fashion.
Basically Trump is insinuating or admitting that he has taken his supporter for a ride and played them to gain power.

While Trump was on his Victory Tour he had some pretty candid reversals he said to his supporters. Here are the specific quotes word for word.

"You've been hearing me say it 's a rigged system, but now I don't say it anymore because I've won, ok, its true, now I don't care, I don't care".

"Because I heard my opponent had scheduled Michigan unexpectedly it was like all of a sudden with president Obama and Michele, and Bill and Hillary and they were going to Michigan" (crowd starts booing at the sound of the Clintons, Man in crowd starts chanting - LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!)
"No it's okay, no forget it... That plays great BEFORE the election, now WE DONT CARE."

"Were going to drain the swamp, of corruption. Funny how that term caught on isn't it? I tell every(one), I hated it! Somebody said Drain the Swamp, I said Oh that's so Hokey, that is so terrible. I said Alright I'll try it. So like a month ago I said Drain The Swamp, place went crazy, I said whoa whats this? Then I said it again, the I starting saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it I started loving it and the place loved, it's true, it's true."

This makes me think he is just playing his supporters and that he looks down on them because they are gullible or ignorant or whatever.
He basically satirized these issues that were very important to his supporters. I mean he think the idea that Hillary is crooked is just a joke and
I happen to know many voters believed his slogans.

What do you think?

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: superbanjo

And this is why I stopped watching the daily show, now it's 100% biased, old news, and over ever since Jon Stewart retired. Now they desperately cling on to this year's election for the slightest bit of ratings they may be able to squeak out.

Sorry folks, Trevor Noah isn't funny enough to deliver political banter like Stewart could.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Well i watched the video... "trump truth"?

More like an example of leftist fake news!

Most of the clips from trump were examples of trumps sense of humor! They took trump calling the speaker "fine wine" and conspired that to Trump wanting to lock him in a dungeon?

When clips are so feeble and lack substance it takes a SJW Cuck of a presenter to humorlessly try and add some sort of lackluster opinion to these short, out of context clips.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
every professional politician on the planet plays their supporters, you just hope that enough falls your way for you to make out a bit better than you were before hand.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

This makes me think he is just playing his supporters and that he looks down on them because they are gullible or ignorant or whatever. 
He basically satirized these issues that were very important to his supporters. I mean he think the idea that Hillary is crooked is just a joke and 
I happen to know many voters believed his slogans. 

What do you think?

That is precisely what he is doing. The mockery is stunningly blatant, and has been all along. He and Hillary are playing the entire country off of each other. I believe it was the second debate where it was the most obvious...they were circling each other like predators, and it was clearly rehearsed. They were watching each other for visual clues, too, which was also obvious. They were putting on a show.

Everyone is being played...democrats, republicans, green, non-partisan...everyone. It's not just Trump. They're all working together. However, I can tell you right now that trying to get people to see what is happening right in front of their faces is an exercise in futility. They're blinded by the fabricated drama and hyperbole, precisely as planned and so consumed with winning, with being right, they refuse to see anything else.

As for the oompa loompa himself, well...what's his last name? That is not serendipity. He is their Trump card...and that's part of the mockery too. They made so many people believe that this was actually an election, that they got their "hero" who's going to miraculously fix everything. They could not be more wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

trying to get people to see what is happening right in front of their faces is an exercise in futility.

I don't disagree with your comment at all, but I'm curious as to exactly what you believe is actually happening, like as in the end goal.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Of course he played his supporters. When he said he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and his supporters wouldn't care, he was right. Now that he is backtracking on his promises/ideas, they are still lining-up to fall on the sword for him.

Good thing is that we get to watch those dishonest Trump supporters expose themselves as hypocrites.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I don't feel played. I'm happy with his choices so far. Now the left got played pretty good imo. Just look around, they're still in shock they lost. I guess they let fake news determine to many facts for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief. You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

More like an example of leftist fake news!

Is naming the CEO of Exxon to be Secretary of State "fake news?" Is the fact that Rex Tillerson negotiated an energy deal with Russia worth half a trillion dollars fake news? Is the fact that an additional source of cheap natural gas will make coal superfluous for anything but coking fake news? As if that weren't bad enough for West Virginia and Pennsylvania, it's not fake news that his potential Secretary of the Interior favors opening federally owned park land to mining interests. Since surface mining is more economical than underground mining.... Trump played the Rust Belt for suckers.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief.

No, some of us are basing our opinions on observation of his past behavior and comparing it to the probable course of action revealed in his current choices.

You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

No. Refusing to see what is happening before your eyes is the definition of willful ignorance. Trump is planning on betraying the blue collar coal miners who voted for him in such huge numbers, while opening up public land to the Coal Barons. Judging by his choice of National Security Adviser, he seems intent of intensifying American military action in West Asia, possibly pursuing "Islamic Terrorism" all the way to Tehran. At least he never promised peace, only friendship with Russia.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

He's not president yet, and you already base your judgement on what might happen based upon your belief. You do realize that is pretty close to the definition of ignorance right?

Belief has nothing to do with it. He's not president yet and he has already backtracked on many of the promises.

You may not like the Daily Show, but watch the video and listen to what Trump is saying. He knows you were all duped and you will still defend him regardless.

That's the definition of stupidity.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yep.

Next question....

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I don't think so. I am among few democrats living amongst conservative republicans. I don't think they got played at all. I think they have just the man they want. It's like back in the slavery days. The plantation owners and friends and family had bosses to do the dirty work so the families could go to church with a good conscience. Trump is the boss the anti christs wanted to do their dirty work.

I wish the democrat party would just sit back and do their job locally and let the beast do his dirt.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Trump said he played the crony capitalist game in order to make his billions.
He bought politicians left and right in order to win and I hear many people that voted for him supported this
Why would he not also play the fake election game to do anything to get in power?

This is not rocket science folks

edit on 16-12-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You can see by his picks already where we are headed
A repeat of the last 30 years with more Crony Capitalists leading the way

The ones in his cabinet got there by purchasing politicians and not their own success

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Did Obama try to destroy his and everyone else in the process ?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Did Obama try to destroy his and everyone else in the process ?

No. What does that have to do with the topic of Trump and his supporters?

If that was an attempt to deflect, it was a rather poor one.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yeah, it really doesn't matter what Obama might have said or done, it doesn't matter what Clinton said or did anymore either, the truth is we have this President-Elect, Trump, standing up there, and telling his supporters that he flat-out lied to them about key promises. That he flat-out played them.

People should really be a lot more outraged about this than they are.

And I hope we're not going to be subjected to four years of people crying 'fake news!' every time Trump does something awful. Listen to the words coming out of the mans own mouth. He's telling it exactly like it is.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Of course he played his supporters, look at them in this thread IGNORING Trumps own quotes and attacking the Daily Show. How can you not play them when it's so easy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join