It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue one: A Star Wars Stroy spoiler talk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!

Ohhh my good lord i am still experiencing the climax of my nerdgasim i had a few hours ago after watching this amazing movie

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

Anyway i know i am not the only Star Wars nerd round these parts so figured it might be fun to start a thread talking about the movie.

Let me start by saying I think the best bit comes right at the end where we finally get to see just what a bad-ass Vader really is. I literally shouted "F**K YES!!" when is saw that.

The not so good, having no opening crawl, I just dont understand why they never had the opening crawl because i think that if you have not read Catalyst or are a casual fan then you might be a bit lost. Speaking of the start of the movie I also thought that the title card for this movie looked like something a five year old created on clip-art. Another minor niggle was that Michael Giachino's score for this movie just didnt really life up to the grandeur of John Williams.

But enough of the negitive this movie was frickin' awesome a star wars movie for star wars fans, loads of fan service and nods to previous movies and the expanded universe.

So what did you guys think of the movie
edit on 15-12-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

"Rouge" one lol. I guess this could've been the working title considering the female lead.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I like the part where they steal the Philosophers Stone, and barely make it out of Castle Gray Skull, with the Borg on their heels.

When did Gandalf level up to Gandalf the Black? Is that part in the Catalyst comic book?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
where is the spoiler?

oh okay, that's more like it haha

edit on 12/15/2016 by ware2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Sorry your right i missed out the spoiler....

THEY ALL DIE IN THE END

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yuh has been on the poteen I think...rouge and stroy...tut...tut...tut.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm thinking a midnight showing on Friday.
Good family time.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Amzing movie...I cried so many times....Oh and Tarkin!!.
Made by and for the generation of first fans...I doubt kids will know whats really going on and I don't know If kids could handle how dark it is.
edit on 16-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Amzing movie...I cried so many times....Oh and Tarkin!!.
Made by and for the generation of first fans...I doubt kids will know whats really going on and I don't know If kids could handle how dark it is.
Really, you liked the Easter eggs?!?!

I hated them...

In a nutshell I thought all the new stuff was pretty stellar but though all the Easter eggs were forced and largely unnecessary...

I didn't think cgi Tarkin and leia worked AT ALL...

It was the super creepy effect where it only looks enough like real a person to be super creepy..the name of the effect escapes me.

Also I thought the scene where they figure out cassian is an assassin was horrible dialogue.

"Do you think he looks like a killer?"
"He has the face of a friend.."

"The dark force circles those about to kill"

Really bad I thought.....

And since he wasn't gonna kill, kinda breaks the the logic lol...

I really liked the movie..but thought it failed badly in those 2 shots.

Vader scene was cool...if sorta unnecessary as well.. prob would have done better introducing a new villain, they then could carry over to the new trilogy.

edit on 16-12-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!

Ohhh my good lord i am still experiencing the climax of my nerdgasim i had a few hours ago after watching this amazing movie

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

Anyway i know i am not the only Star Wars nerd round these parts so figured it might be fun to start a thread talking about the movie.

Let me start by saying I think the best bit comes right at the end where we finally get to see just what a bad-ass Vader really is. I literally shouted "F**K YES!!" when is saw that.

The not so good, having no opening crawl, I just dont understand why they never had the opening crawl because i think that if you have not read Catalyst or are a casual fan then you might be a bit lost. Speaking of the start of the movie I also thought that the title card for this movie looked like something a five year old created on clip-art. Another minor niggle was that Michael Giachino's score for this movie just didnt really life up to the grandeur of John Williams.

But enough of the negitive this movie was frickin' awesome a star wars movie for star wars fans, loads of fan service and nods to previous movies and the expanded universe.

So what did you guys think of the movie

I agreee, accept for the cgi leia and Tarkin and the scene they figure out cassian is an assassin.. thought those failed badly

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I like the part where they steal the Philosophers Stone, and barely make it out of Castle Gray Skull, with the Borg on their heels.

When did Gandalf level up to Gandalf the Black? Is that part in the Catalyst comic book?

He went Gandalf the black after saving metropolis from thanos and his minions...

That said Gandalf beating the infinity gauntlet was a little game breaking....it wasn't handled well...

:p

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I ABOSLUTELY loved it. I did not want to get my hopes up. I have been burned in the past, but I thought this was a great stand alone.

Leia wasn't CGI either. She was played by Norwegian actress Ingvild Deila. I thought it was CGI myself until I stayed through the credits.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I ABOSLUTELY loved it. I did not want to get my hopes up. I have been burned in the past, but I thought this was a great stand alone.

Leia wasn't CGI either. She was played by Norwegian actress Ingvild Deila. I thought it was CGI myself until I stayed through the credits.

They used her as a model for the leia cgi maybe...

It was definitely cgi and not very good cgi imho

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

www.hypable.com...

Best article I have found to describe it. So basically it was Ingvild Deila's body and bone structure and CGI facial features with a voiceover. I did not think it was the best quality ever, but I am still pleased they did it. Taking something from 1977 and bringing it back to life made it full circle for me. Self admittedly though, I will find very few things wrong with Star Wars. (excluding the prequels)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yup just got back from 2nd viewing and I loved it more. Cried again lol. Just thought it tied things together well. This was the star wars movie made for the 1st generation of star wars fans. sure the cgi wasn't perfect but I don't think they could have done much better.
The space battles were also the best we have seen in my opinion.
Loved it.
Wonder what the next stand alone movie will be?.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
First, let me say that I didn't cry.

They pump raw onions into the theatre vents.

Second thing? Best Star Wars movie yet. I took my son and we were frozen in our seats. A brilliant movie.

Wonderful.

Loved the "cameos".

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

www.hypable.com...

Best article I have found to describe it. So basically it was Ingvild Deila's body and bone structure and CGI facial features with a voiceover. I did not think it was the best quality ever, but I am still pleased they did it. Taking something from 1977 and bringing it back to life made it full circle for me. Self admittedly though, I will find very few things wrong with Star Wars. (excluding the prequels)

I found it distracting and unnecessary..

Tarkin's role could have introduced a new high ranking officer (expanding the lore) and leia never needed to be actually shown.

I thought everything new was stellar though...

Accept how they handled cassian's assassination reveal, thought the dialog was really bad there.
edit on 18-12-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yup just got back from 2nd viewing and I loved it more. Cried again lol. Just thought it tied things together well. This was the star wars movie made for the 1st generation of star wars fans. sure the cgi wasn't perfect but I don't think they could have done much better.
Loved it.

They could have not shown leia and recast tarkin's role... maybe with delturo and preview a thrawn type character.

I thought all the Easter eggs missed the mark.. accept for explaining the Death Star flaw, but that was arguably new too.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Loved it.

they could have not shown leia and recast tarkin's role... maybe with delturo and preview a thrawn type character.

I thought all the Easter eggs missed the mark.. accept for explaining the Death Star flaw, but that was arguably new too.

I dont think you could recast them, either of them, had to be done the way it was. Sure the CGI was a bit off, but whats more jarring, you watch Rogue one with a slightly wired looking Tarkin or a totally different guy then go home and stick on A new Hope and its a totally different actor.

Also Tarkin had to be in this movie because of how he ties into everything in the new EU there is already a big clash between Tarkin and Krenic even before this movie.

As for Trawn, he is now a bit deal in Star Wars Rebels so they are exploring him but in another part of the Star Wars universe and swapping him out for Tarkin would make no sense when you then put on A new Hope.

That the biggest challenge this movie had, how do you have it basically finish where a New Hope starts but still have A New Hope make sense.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Good movie, Vader was awesome but the ending was bad, Leia ship being present in the battle does not makes much sense regarding her dialog in episode 4 being in a diplomatic mission and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join