It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legalization 2016: DEA’s New Cannabis Laws Make CBD, Other Extracts Schedule I Drugs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
My cousins 3 year old daughter takes cbd oil and she went from daily seizures to one a month if that at all. It works undoubtedly.

Indeed !
Now if she were to try healing seizures with coc aine
she'd be more within the law, that's insane.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

That would be a huge applecart to upset. If he is consistent he will let the state decide as is his plan for Roe v Wade.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Big pharmaceutical companies are the only reason Marijuana is illegal. If it were legalized, their profit margins would hit the floor. In turn the stock market would suffer, etc. etc..... It's all just proof that if we are ever going to get out of debt we need to quit with the corporate buisness model of running our country.
edit on 12152016 by Natas0114 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

You would think that the DEA & friends would be more motivated to stop the flow of heroin from coming into this country through Mexico. All of that dope has got to be eating into big pharma's pain pill market.

Do you realize that drugs like Narcan can be huge money makers for big pharma, being part of the reason the DEA and big pharma are cracking down on CBD rather than heroin?

How the Pharmaceutical Industry Is Making Money on Your Overdose

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
the DEA is really out of touch.

not just with the CBD oil, but also with mdma (extacy) - schedule1 is for drugs with NO MEDICINAL VALUE.

We all know these compounds have medicinal value, and the DEA looks ignorant for claiming they don't

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
People forget it's against the law for the head of the DEA to even consider legalizing ANY substance that's already scheduled. Look it up.

Someone posted the law on that in a thread I made about Sessions as AG and his idiotic views on cannabis and prohibition. I had no idea.

For cannabis or anything else to be removed from scheduling would take a bi partisan effort from the majority of people in government and the population.

We aren't there yet. Most people in government still believe the lies about drugs and drug use simply because they've been lied to for so long. Tell a lie big enough and long enough and people will build their reality around it, and once that happens the truth is viewed as a lie.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just more to add to Obama's legacy.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Oh I have, bitterly, not more than a few months ago. They know who they are.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It occurs to me that the reason they used the 1930's spelling for marijuana with an h instead of a j is to prevent people from searching for this news online. Because outside of various weed blogs and local news affiliates no news is really picking this story up. I think your IBT link is the biggest news name that I've seen cover this. Seems deliberate to me. Sneak in a nasty change while everyone is distracted by the holidays then appeal to 50 year old treaties like CBD is some new pressing development that violates our drug treaties. Very sneaky.

Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marihuana Extract
edit on 15-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
People forget it's against the law for the head of the DEA to even consider legalizing ANY substance that's already scheduled. Look it up.

Someone posted the law on that in a thread I made about Sessions as AG and his idiotic views on cannabis and prohibition. I had no idea.

For cannabis or anything else to be removed from scheduling would take a bi partisan effort from the majority of people in government and the population.

We aren't there yet. Most people in government still believe the lies about drugs and drug use simply because they've been lied to for so long. Tell a lie big enough and long enough and people will build their reality around it, and once that happens the truth is viewed as a lie.

If that is the case then he shouldn't have the legal authority to schedule a substance either.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The thing is, there are probably a dozen or more non-cannabis plants that also have cannabinoids which could be used for medicinal purposes. That's just one more reason why this news pisses me off.

Here are a few plants that also have cannabinoids:

* Coneflower (Echinacea)
* Electric Daisy (Acmella Oleracea)
* Helichrysum Umbraculigerum
* Liverwort (Radula Marginata)
* Chocolate (Theobroma Cacao)
* Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum)

Source: herb.co...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

You would think that the DEA & friends would be more motivated to stop the flow of heroin from coming into this country through Mexico. All of that dope has got to be eating into big pharma's pain pill market.

Do you realize that drugs like Narcan can be huge money makers for big pharma, being part of the reason the DEA and big pharma are cracking down on CBD rather than heroin?

How the Pharmaceutical Industry Is Making Money on Your Overdose

The DEA could stop the flow of heroin from the Mexican cartels and big pharma can still sell Narcan without losing any profit. If they're not OD'ing from heroin, they'll OD from Oxycodone. Narcan will always be a valuable commodity for that reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

trueee but from what I understand, heroin is much cheaper and more accessible to addicts so you would see a lot more overdoses with heroin than you would with Oxy. You do make a good point though. Big pharma and the DEA are both serving interests OTHER than the safety of the public and a "drug-free" society (as it has been for decades now). Quite sad..

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
After a quick taxonomy lesson, several google searches, and a history lesson I discovered the source of my sheer panic.

It goes: Order > Family > Genus

Due to naming conventions the family name is “Cannabaceae” as is the sub-species at the genus level (effin confusing, totally, I know, I know). All of this was just sorted in 2002 after DNA tests, a secret conference, etc. Anyway, this matters because the sub-species contain two relatives: Cannabis and Humulus.

Had the Dumb Enforcement Agency made the cannabaceae sub-species itself Schedule 1 then would have criminalized hop extracts as schedule 1!! Humulus contains the hop plants used by brewers world-wide to bitter their beer.

And let it be known Dumb Enforcement Agency, nobody F with TEOT’s beer!

Marihuana extracts are illegal? Good thing I only use marijuana extracts!!

DEA

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Federal government works for Big Pharma........are we surprised?

Yet your citizens will still do absolutely nothing about it.

On to the next thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Good catch Op this news won't be too widespread for obvious reasons. As usual around the Holidays is a perfect time to sneak this, and other changes, in.

According to a source earlier this year the FDA's choice to keep the drug under schedule one is a political one.

A recent review of FDA-approved clinical studies on the National Institute of Health website evaluated the safety and efficacy of herbal cannabis and completely refuted the contention by Rosenberg that cannabis has no medicinal value, concluding: “Based on evidence currently available the Schedule I classification is not tenable; it is not accurate that cannabis has no medical value, or that Information on safety is lacking.”

NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano released a statement regarding the DEA’s ill-advised decision stating:

For far too long, federal regulations have made clinical investigations involving cannabis needlessly onerous and have placed unnecessary and arbitrary restrictions on marijuana that do not exist for other controlled substances, including some other schedule I controlled substances.

While this announcement is a significant step toward better facilitating and expanding clinical investigations into cannabis’ therapeutic efficacy, ample scientific evidence already exists to remove cannabis from its schedule I classification and to acknowledge its relative safety compared to other scheduled substances, like opioids, and unscheduled substances, such as alcohol. Ultimately, the federal government ought to remove cannabis from the Controlled Substances Act altogether in a manner similar to alcohol and tobacco, thus providing states the power to establish their own marijuana regulatory policies free from federal intrusion.

Since the DEA has failed to take such action, then it is incumbent that members of Congress act swiftly to amend cannabis’ criminal status in a way that comports with both public and scientific opinion. Failure to do so continues the federal government’s ‘Flat Earth’ position; it willfully ignores the well-established therapeutic properties associated with the plant and it ignores the laws in 26* states recognizing marijuana’s therapeutic efficacy.

“The DEA’s decision is strictly a political one. There is nothing scientific about willful ignorance,” Armentano said.

Source
*Article from Aug. 2016, of course, doesn't count the recently added states.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join