It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Legalization 2016: DEA’s New Cannabis Laws Make CBD, Other Extracts Schedule I Drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I wonder if this lunacy will stop in my lifetime. I am 40 years old, and most people in my age group I know would welcome legalization, even the ones who do not use it. It boggles the mind that these compounds will be put up there with Heroin, PCP, Methamphetamine, and L.S.D as schedule 1 drugs.

The DEA is all about seizure of assets. They want to find drugs so they can take your house, car, and seize your bank accounts unilaterally....the more things that are illegal, the better chance they have to steal your stuff. I have read many stories of the DEA just taking cash off of people for no other reason than they have a lot of cash.

To call this a free country anymore is a G-damn joke.
edit on am1212201616America/Chicago15p11am by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'd bet a grand Trump will not change it..we shall see but I sure ain't holding my breath, but yes..giant fail for Obama, what a clown..as far as this issue goes.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'd bet a grand Trump will not change it..we shall see but I sure ain't holding my breath, but yes..giant fail for Obama, what a clown..as far as this issue goes.

I disagree with most of what Obama has done, but during his tenure I always held out hope that he would change this country's draconian stance on drugs. Epic fail on his part......as usual

As for Trump, I doubt he will change anything either.....

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Big money at stake, and they don't want anyone to be too free. Nixon the douchbag started all of this..because he didn't like hippies.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

I'm thinking the DEA hate the competition,so they keep their black budget going,I get a kick out of these supposed big pot bust's at border,most people grow themselves or in Calif can buy at a store,not the fake prices they put on pot busts,heroin and coc aine,crystal meth is what they smuggle,big money ,worth the big risk I guess,pot busts are like cat leaving dead gopher on front porch,show's doing something

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm thinking the DEA hate the competition,so they keep their black budget going,I get a kick out of these supposed big pot bust's at border,most people grow themselves or in Calif can buy at a store,not the fake prices they put on pot busts,heroin and coc aine,crystal meth is what they smuggle,big money ,worth the big risk I guess,pot busts are like cat leaving dead gopher on front porch,show's doing something

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Woodcarver

Big money at stake, and they don't want anyone to be too free. Nixon the douchbag started all of this..because he didn't like hippies.

It is amazing how many people out there dont know this. Even my own parents, who are usually pretty astute on things political think the drug war began with Reagan.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sorry my friend, Trump loves the cops, and want's them to run wild, he is invested in private prisons, his picks for cabinet do not inspire any hope in my view.
I just don't see it I'm afraid...saw it coming too

I do hope I'm wrong.
edit on 15-12-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Yes, mj was not supposed to be sched 1, a sensible plan(for the day) was in place..Dickhead got into office and had his guy re-designate it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. In fact that may be the best option you have at this point. We are all in a hold pattern currently about how the Trump administration will proceed here.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

My cousins 3 year old daughter takes cbd oil and she went from daily seizures to one a month if that at all. It works undoubtedly.

Case in point.

If the feds think they are going to criminalize something as useful as that (when no other compound being distributed by big pharma comes even close) then they are in for an uprising like they have never seen. And I'm not talking about an army of low level drug dealers, addicts, and the like. I'm talking about concerned parents that are completely helpless to to treat their children's conditions due to over regulation from the fed.

Those people are highly motivated, and politically active.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The problem is drugs are much more profitable when they are illegal.

Trump being the shady businessman he is, most likely supports things like asset forfeiture and the booming private prison industry.
edit on 15-12-2016 by jrod because: I h8 typing via cellphone

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Dont forget: That is Obama's DEA. The Dem's will apologize this to no end, but its the truth.

I don't think I've ever even heard a dem try to rationalize that. Seems to me they just avoid talking about the issue all together. Strange.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The fact that they are using the term "marihuana" shows just how deeply this country's drug policies are rooted in the 1920's mindset.

What an embarrassment.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Guys, despite what you see now, it's just the rethinking before legalizing.

The government will NEVER legalize something and not have a gameplan on how to profit off it. It takes time to secure land deals for grows, to network the right business models and to use the states as a R&D situation to see what works and what doesn't.

Pharma companies worried??!! No Way, they already grow medical and have had those abilities for decades now. They will now get into the growing biz and sell to dispensaries. It's not about telling the people what they can and can't do, it's about how to properly make money off all of them.

As cynical as it sounds, it's business and the businesses need time to readjust themselves to go from peddling pain pills to recreational weed.

I still think in less than 5 years, it will be nationally legal, not just legal, but you'll buy it everywhere from walmart to your local coffee shop, much cheaper, more potent and what will be illegal will be the unauthorized manipulation of the plant's genetics that's another profit avenue that you'll have to pay for.

You can make more from selling the US weed than you can putting the US in prison.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Ahh yes, asset forfeiture..good call.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

This is one area I would love to See Trump step up to the plate and shake things up.

I would be willing to hold Hillary breath till he does

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The DEA may be getting leaned on. There is this one 3 letter agency that puts out propaganda, overthrows governments, and gets its extra funding from drug running.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm interested to see if the new admin will try to undo what has already been done in some states regarding legalization. Personally, I think if the DEA goes into Colorado, for example, and tries to take away the peoples' legal mj, it might get really ugly...

My state (oklahoma) will be the very last to legalize recreational mj. We were the last state to legalize tattoos, for crying out loud. So conservative... Never mind, legalizing it here might save our state economically since the oil slump has hit tax revenue so hard...and never mind the fact that we have lots of farming and it would grow readily here. Hell, sometimes you can see wild varieties growing next to the road out in the rural areas.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

If they don't have the MJ Bogeyman to chase, will they still be relevant?

You would think that the DEA & friends would be more motivated to stop the flow of heroin from coming into this country through Mexico.

They can't...that's how the CIA gets it's black money.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join