It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Donald Trump Brought ATS Users Together?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cheers ATSers, and Happy Hollow-Daze!
I come to you with a message from Smirnoff... but not Yakov. ;-)

Maybe it's just me, or perhaps I'm not dwelling in the right gutters, but I am noticing a whole lot less bickering and nastiness around here since Trump got elected. I see people agreeing EN MASSE, and even wholeheartedly in many cases. This said, admittedly, I am not a prolific reader or participant here, since the human race still sucks, generally speaking. =)

But, it's like someone grabbed God up in a headlock and said "look, Mo#$er#%er, enough is enough!"
(Hint: It was me... and possibly you, too!)

Now there is a different vibe... from the nutty MSM all the way to Alex Jones, Michael Savage, Limbaugh and too bad Jerry Doyle (RIP) wasn't on board but I was really impressed with Laura Ingraham's speech.(Why do I mention these people? Because you've heard of at least some of these influential souls. I am in tune with the voices of truth, or of I'm not, I'm a fool for the ages.)

Anyway, I think people feel safer with an outspoken talking monkey rather than simply 'well spoken' one.
No one likes a poker face in politics, except politicians.

There is a different "vibe" to the world now, no one can deny this... and ONE orange man made it happen!!
The world is still amazing.

And remember, kids... if you aren't in the right frame of mind NOW, how will you be in the right frame of mind THEN?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

I can't tell if you are joking or not. And Laura Ingraham??? She is a nut.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

pot kettle black

link   

Maybe it's just me, or perhaps I'm not dwelling in the right gutters, but I am noticing a whole lot less bickering and nastiness around here since Trump got elected.

A lot of people just left during the campaigns. The rancor and vitriol just became unbearable. The people that remain, love their circle jerks that pass for everyone getting along.

I certainly don't enjoy ATS like I used to. There are plenty of other sites without the BS so prevalent now.
edit on 14-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

Lol no. ATS is just as divided into right and left with a tiny portion sticking to neither party as it was a year ago.

Either the lamest troll post ever, or just plain tripping balls.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh

pot kettle black

Proof of togetherness already

edit on 14-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I hope not.
I don't come here to agree with people.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

A star for you Reldra because Trump loves you!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't think so. ATS usually goes for whomever is a bit different and an underdog--Paul, Sanders, Trump. As soon as Trump gets in and starts messing around ATS will turn against him and champion the next underdog that looks a bit different. The hatred for trump has just begun.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Donald is a unifier, not a divider. I have never before felt so much love on ATS. Finally, the wicked witch of the west melted under the weight of Carlos Dangers schmeckle escapades. Poor Mata Hari Huma, the Saudi Arabian spy, has to go home and explain to the fake royal family how she spent the last two decades downtown on Hillary with nothing to show for it, except halitosis.

Yes my sisters and bothers of ATS, I feel the love and at this Festivus season, I say.. I have no problem with any of you people. I have no grievance with any of you. Pin someone you find sexually attractive to end Festivus.

Festivus for the Restivus!

Peace on Earth and goodwill to all womankind.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

pot kettle black

Is the pot calling the kettle black racist?... Just saying...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
ATS is a cesspool. But it's never been a site of agreeing users, and that's a good thing. However this recent election seems to have driven away many people, to the point that Trump supporters remain in a larger quantity. What you see is not unity, it is dominance. The amount of Trump supporters eclipses Democrats, and the amount of Democrats dwarfs those who espouse support for neither party, like myself. There is not, and there will never be, unity among ATS members. I hope it remains that way.
edit on 14-12-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Trump had nothing to do with it. Whether together or divided, the ATS members are the only ones to blame.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Since Trump got elected my hair started growing back, I'm 2" taller and I'm getting a raise on Jan 1st!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I used to have a sense of community in ATS, even with people I disagreed with; there was still respect. That's all gone now.

This past election showed the true attitudes of many people that I thought were friends, and their hatred of those that had the audacity to disagree.

I won't forget or forgive...You reap what you sow!

edit on 14-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Must be a personal illness (I'm married to a liberal), but I really like many of the people on here that I disagree with.

You, for example.

Of course, I don't care for when things get personal. That's disappointing. But I generally get over that.

I try to remember there are real people behind the posts, with a complexity not easily revealed by the words posted here.

So chin up. It's not all doom and gloom and vitriol. If more of us kept that in mind, the temperature around here might become a little more comfortable.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

pot kettle black

Hey now...do not compare me to her. It is almost like comparing me to Sarah Palin. We duel at dawn. Choose your weapon!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I used to have a sense of community in ATS, even with people I disagreed with; there was still respect. That's all gone now.

This past election showed the true attitudes of many people that I thought were friends, and their hatred of those that had the audacity to disagree.

I won't forget or forgive...You reap what you sow!

Well, you have just ruined my mood.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
ATS is a cesspool. It's never been a site of agreeing users, and that's a good thing. However this recent election seems to have driven away many people, to the point that Trump supporters remain in a larger quantity. What you see is not unity, it is dominance. The amount of Trump supporters eclipses Democrats, and the amount of Democrats dwarfs those who espouse support for neither party, like myself. There is not, and there will never be, unity among ATS members. I hope it remains that way.

A cesspool? That would be GLP or BIN or Stormfront.

Possibly a hot tub a couple days overdue for cleaning?
edit on 14-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In the political parts of ATS (which is the biggest), I dont much agree with anyone fully (nor dismiss any particular wing entirely either..pros and cons).

In other areas its always been pretty chill and thoughtful. Put up a decent alien thread and you got skeptics and believers both in a bit of a respectful clash, but not too much on the insults..

But politics and religion (lets pretend theres a difference) will always be hardline divided. Politics moreso because the gods change every 4 or so years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join