It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential for Civil War in the USA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can see a rebellion in calif if Calexit ever passed.

There are many in the state of Jefferson and other areas of calif that would not leave the US and would block off there parts of the state with force if needed.

Since 80% of the power and water used in the state comes from the red areas of the state and could be turned off at anytime the liberals are in a bind.
Plus police officers oath in calif is based on the US constitution.
And county sheriffs are elected by the people of there county and can be run out of office by the same people.
red county sheriffs will have to follow the voters wishes in there red counties. not the liberals in the big cities like LA or SF.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

You have a strange idea of what's happening here in Cali. Cali. isn't going to exit anything. There is also no chance of there being a State of Jefferson.

BTW there are liberals in other areas besides LA and SF.

But I would agree with you that Conservatives probably would have no problem shutting off the water to everyone else and watching them all die of thirst. Seems right up their alley actually.

But none of that is going to happen so why bother thinking about it......

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Fools
Most here don't have ANY idea of a vets's offensive capabilities

These vets have bombers? Bunker buster tactical nukes? An endless supply of arms and ammo of any required type?

Not that it's going to happen.

Unless you're the first person in this thread who can actually define a clear military objective for this imaginary war.

If the government resorted to nuking people then that government would clearly be without the authority to rule anyone. It would simply be taken down even quicker. Also, if that happened, other governments would immediately enter the problem with military forces.

The USAF would suffer at least a 50% loss of personnel. In this day and age, that kind of loss would render it non-operational. Also, you would only retain bases in north east coast, and the west coast. None of the bases in the middle would participate.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

So Mr. Dowd is on that train.

www.newsbusters.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Currently only one side of the country is physically assaulting those that don't think like they do causing riots, blocking freeways, destroying property, and breaking laws all over the country. That's not civil war, that's just hate-filled ignorant people of one party.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

...While the other side is relying on their president and govt to do all the torture, murder and destruction for them.

edit on 20-1-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Listen... yes, there are a lot on angry people that feel dispossessed and they are acting-out. But if you seriously believe that the exact same thing wouldn't be happening --- and likely much worse --- if the election had gone the other way you are deluded.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yep, and the angry people today are the last great hope for America since the rest of the country has gone nazi retard.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Retarded Nazi's?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

*think* that's what the alt-right are requesting they be called now, but I'm not 100% on that... I heard it on a very reliable twitter link.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

At the risk of sounding like a jerk....i cannot imagine what a civil war between the left and right would look like. The folks who want to war because they don't like Trump.....they DO realize that "civil war" means they're gonna get shot by people well trained and well armed, right? Its not a picket/protest kind of affair?

This whole thing has had me scratching my head. I just don't buy it. It has to be fluff or fake.

I would hazard a guess that the majority of people who talk of doing things "by force" (on both sides of the political divide) have never had to use - or face - real "force".

By contrast, people who have spent time in real life danger have more respect for violence and are less ready to jump into it as a first or second resort. When they realize it's time to jump, however, they jump in decisively.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join