It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Seems to me that if not much is going on, why have a briefing with the press. What are they going to discuss, the dog pooping on the rug?

Another thing, is Trump going to get a dog or does he have one already? Important things like that must be discussed at these briefings.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Look, so far not impressed AT ALL by his cabinet picks or his pushing his kids into the WH or his back-peddling on some issues. Daily briefings is the least of my concern. If government is more efficient and less wasteful, that's good thing. IMHO. Now, if there is substantial development and he still lacks transparency or access, then revisit the issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I say we start making a running clock of all the days since Trump has had a press conference and constantly remind every Trump supporter of that fact whenever someone mentions his name.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Look, so far not impressed AT ALL by his cabinet picks or his pushing his kids into the WH or his back-peddling on some issues. Daily briefings is the least of my concern. If government is more efficient and less wasteful, that's good thing. IMHO. Now, if there is substantial development and he still lacks transparency or access, then revisit the issue.

Daily Press briefings by the Press Secretary. What else is the Press Secretary going to do all day other then attempted to hide Donald's phone to stop more twitter crap (to be honest this might be a full time job we did see much less of his staff the last few days of the election when they somehow prevented Trump from making a fool on twitter right before the election)?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Guess he did not answer any questions on sunday?
You are aware the actual president does not attend daily press briefings?
I think Obama may have addressed the press corps monthly if that.

Were you so indignant about the press getting answers when she who cannot be named refused to speak to the press for 269 days while trying to be president?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You as well.

296 days during the campaign she who lost and took away all hope went with out answering a question from the press. I don't recall your indignation then.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have tried to watch and listen to those pressers so many times....nothing of any value ever emerges out of them and this has been going on for a couple of decades.

The reporters they want are front loaded and brought into private chambers after the presser. The ones they don't are shoved in the back and not invited to the backdoor meetings.

All a show. Pointless event that misses the intent and purpose of the event.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Welcome to American Dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The MSM is dead!

Their eulogy was given just after the election.

Sorry to say it was suicide they took their own lives.

P.S. They wont be missed!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

What you are describing is press relations where there is tyrannical rule.

Where the President decides what we need to know...if something is a "substantial development" or not..or if and when they should acknowledge it and answer questions.

The daily press briefing is a chance for reporters to get questions answered and determine if something is a story or not. TRANSPARENCY..

If what is "newsworthy"
...or warrants answering questions
And the if and when part is left up to him?..

Trump should decide what questions are worth answering and when?

..You OK with that? No value to the press asking questions? Just read his tweet for the royal declarations?

Every Republican for the past 100 years has had a daily press briefing...It's part of the core of democracy...accountability..

This feels bizzare...honestly used to think the right wing just had a different plan and solution-set...never imagined it was endorsing this kind of crazy, tyrannical sh98. Rooting for Iranian style press relations.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Guess he did not answer any questions on sunday?

Unscripted questions from the press? No ..he did not.

You are aware the actual president does not attend daily press briefings?

Correct...and the fact that having a spokesperson field questions for him on a daily basis is just too much transparency for his liking is what makes this doubly stupid tyranny.

Were you so indignant about the press getting answers when she who cannot be named refused to speak to the press for 269 days while trying to be president?

She is NOT the President Elect...I remember the right wing being awfully up in arms about her not giving enough press conferences...good to know they were utterly full of BS in their condemnation.

Trump is our President Elect and is the first one anyone can remember that has gone this long without a press conference..And he is now indicating that as POTUS he will not even have a spokesperson take questions on a predictable schedule unless he feels like it.

The question is really...once Trumpites show their true colors, hypocrisy, lack of credibility and penchant for Tyranny...how do you EVER win AGAIN?...What has been spent by the right in credibility to squeak Trump through the WH door? You don't get that back.

Americans are not fans of Tyrants.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As I said in another thread.

Trump is something you haven't seen before. Everyone keeps saying "that's not how it has always been done".

Well, news flash. He's an unconventional, nonconforming, sly and possibly shady but successful businessman with world wide interests.

His campaign was unconventional, nonconforming and was out spent by outrageous amounts. The media was and is still in the tank for the opposition and yet he overcame these handicaps and not only went on to win but is still confounding the lame stream media.

The taking heads and many on here are still harping "that's not how it has always been done".

I don't expect him to release his taxes or divest himself of his business interests. He'll let his kids run the business while he runs the Country. I expect his management of the Country to be similar to his business style, from meetings with Congress, his Cabinet or World Leaders. I don't imagine typical, how it has always been done, diplomacy to take place in his Administration either. It will be just another business discussion, like with another CEO.

If there are significant improprieties over the next 8 years Congress can always exercise its powers.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The question is really...once Trumpites show their true colors, hypocrisy, lack of credibility and penchant for Tyranny...how do you EVER win AGAIN?...What has been spent by the right in credibility to squeak Trump through the WH door? You don't get that back.

lol
See when she who would pull the universe out of a black hole refused to speak to the press no one on the left thought it was a bad thing. "She is running out the clock".
The credibility the left spent defending she who could not even beat trump(and only beat bernie because the dnc cheated) will not return just as you predict. The fact that you have a problem with it NOW is hilarious. The guy is not even in office yet. Perhaps wait until Jan10thish to yell the sky is falling.

Oh and it has been a month since the big O has answered unscripted(oh hello nbc did you give him the answers before like with she who made the entire world cry when she lost) questions from the press. Is he also a tyrant?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Trump is our President Elect and is the first one anyone can remember that has gone this long without a press conference..And he is now indicating that as POTUS he will not even have a spokesperson take questions on a predictable schedule unless he feels like it.

That didn't happen.

What did happen is that Reince Priebus, a RNC chairman and potential upcoming White House chief of staff, told radio host Hugh Hewitt that they, unspecified likely meaning the White House staff of which he will be the chief of, are looking at different ways to handle the daily press briefings.

You are attributing the words of one person to the intent and words of another person. That's not what happened.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope Trump makes Infowars.com his number one exclusive press liaison,
then the left and the MSM can just BOIL in that searingly hot oil till their skin comes off.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Yes he won via ignoring the convention of an expectation of honesty...and he looks to rule by ignoring the conventions of our democracy.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
then the left and the MSM can just BOIL in that searingly hot oil till their skin comes off.

Hate and vitriol is what Trump supporters bring to this nation?

Every day I see the end of the right wing draw nearer ...and it always ends this way...with losing by winning.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

That didn't happen.

What did happen is that Reince Priebus, a RNC chairman and potential upcoming White House chief of staff, told radio host Hugh Hewitt that they, unspecified likely meaning the White House staff of which he will be the chief of, are looking at different ways to handle the daily press briefings.

You are attributing the words of one person to the intent and words of another person. That's not what happened.

Prior to this I heard discussions by journalists who said that they had heard Trump wanted to do away with the daily press briefings. Rience just confirmed this is being seriously considered. Rience is the Future Chief of Staff..it's not a role requiring confirmation and it is officially announced.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Hate and vitriol is what Trump supporters bring to this nation?

Every day I see the end of the right wing draw nearer ...and it always ends this way...with losing by winning.

I have a much better name for it..

Poetic Justice without all the poetry.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

If, for some reason, Trump is not made President by the Electoral College then I don't think Priebus will be the White House Chief of Staff. So it is potential, not absolute.

Also, you heard discussions isn't proof. I'm sorry but that's just how it is. People say things that aren't actually true all the time. I haven't been able to find anything from Trump actually saying what you are worried about happening.

I do see Mr. Priebus discussing possible changes to the way the daily press briefings are handled. Nothing indicating it will be stopped, noting indicating that nobody will be able to question the President, nothing like that at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join