It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold snap over central and eastern US this week

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Well it's winter, so I think most people assumed that to be the case.

Maybe... but this will be our 3rd or 4th winter in a row that we are smashing cold records left and right. At some point it becomes a trend right?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Chicago. When I got in my car this morning (in a sealed garage nonetheless), the car's thermometer said it was 0 degrees. After driving a little bit, it just read "Colder than a mofo"

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here in Philadelphia they're calling for mid-20's today and tomorrow, upper 40's on Saturday and 62 on Sunday.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is it too much to ask for everybody to say whether they are talking F or C please or you could use K to really confuse people

Was -7C night time and early morning here in S. England a couple of weeks ago which is cold for here but this last week or so has seen it unusually warm with night time temps of 10C !

I work outside and had got the thermals out but then the 'polar vortex/Arctic airmass' moved and sucked up some warmer air from the south - (been in a t-shirt and shirt again around noon for a cple of hrs) Still at least it hasn't been raining much

Here's a link to the earthschool wind map with temperature overlaid (One of my favourite links I found here)

Link

That should show N.America but you can move the view and zoom in and out wherever you want.

edit to add: You can also click on a point for more detailed information - when this window pops up - you can also change the measurements from mph -kph or c-f or whichever takes your fancy.
If you click on 'earth' then it lets you change from wind to ocean temps and loads of other things - but you may waste a lot of time playing with it - he says from experience

edit on 15-12-2016 by johnb because: as above

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

We don't have the metric system here in the US although we were forced to learn it in grade school way back when. It scared the congressmen so much they denied adopting it here in the states. So it is safe to assume Fahrenheit.

So for me, it was 0 °F which is -17 °C.

Sorry to all the international people who modernized to metric for not being explicit!

PS - We also tend to think in miles and gallons! Even though people have no problem swilling down 2L of Coke or Mountain Dew (lol). Most of my friends know what a gram is for some reason...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join