It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids As Young As 8 Suspected In Violent, Early Morning Robbery In Fort Greene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
A violent crime that took place in Brooklyn were done by a gang of young children. Surveillance footage shows a man being attacked and robbed, allegedly by 4 young'ins.

Police say the suspects in a violent crime that took place in Brooklyn, are children.

Surveillance footage shows the four young suspects — accused of robbing and attacking a man — and police say one of them is as young as 8.

A 30 year old was jumped outside of a co-op building by 4 kids one as young as 8.

As CBS2’s Hazel Sanchez reported, a 30-year-old man was jumped outside of a co-op building on Willoughby Street off of Ashland Place in Fort Greene on the Friday after Thanksgiving around 12:30 a.m.

Police said four kids, two boys between the ages of 12 and 14, a girl between 12 and 14 and an 8 or 9-year-old boy, approached the man and demanded his phone.

They punched and threw the 30 yer old to the ground. From the story it happened around 12 AM and the gang of children demanded his phone. The story goes on to say the parents are not controlling their children. No kidding.

They began punching him and threw him to the ground before taking off with the man’s laptop, headphones and a library book, police said.

People from the neighborhood were surprised to hear that kids so young were out so late without an adult.

“My son can’t be in the street at 12 o’clock and be in the house, and he’s 14.” Gabriel Alfredo said, “Maybe their parents don’t care about the kids.”

“I think that’s horrible, and I think the kids today, the parents need to actually have more control over them. Because that’s ridiculous, that’s their elder, and they should respect him and that should not happen,” Gylen Bryant said.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
But but but..... children are unable to commit violent crimes. We should blame it on their parents and then just give them a time out, that will teach them.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, I'm around 30 and I can't say I'd fight back against a bunch of pre-teens. Might pull a knife to scare them, but if intimidation didn't work I'm not sure I could fight back if they didn't get violent.

Glad I don't live in that place...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From what I understand, Fort Greene isn't a bad part of Brooklyn. I watched a really good documentary on the neighborhood called Brooklyn Boheme. Essentially, a lot of the black arts and entertainment folks lived there in the 80s/90s. Most of Brooklyn these days is fully gentrified. It is almost as expensive as Manhattan.

Hopefully, we don't have another Yummy Sanderford on our hands. Yummy was an 11 year old in Chicago who did a hit for a gang that resulted in the death of a 14 year old by stander. After police identified Yummy as the trigger man, the gang had Yummy killed. Yummy obviously had a messed up home life. Truly tragic. Unfortunately, these types of stories aren't uncommon in ghettos with broken homes.

edit on 14-12-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Can you imagine the rash of crap you get from your buddies, after the nightmares stopped.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Oh I dunno I reckon I could take on 6 or 7 without a weapon with a bat maybe double that.
Sounds like a Fagans type is running a kiddy gang.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Disregard, off topic.
edit on 14-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The #?
It illegal to beat a kid in self-defense in the USA?
Shouldn't take more than one blow per to have them on the ground crying for their mothers. Or at the least, when the other little #s take off, grab the 8 year old and haul him to the police station.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If there is surveillance going and i know it, im not ashamed to say that I would happily give those kids a beating that would wake them up in a cold sweat for years to come. discipline is discipline and they are long overdue it looks like. child abuse? nah, self defense and emergency parenting. might not break bones, but if i did, I would not feel bad. broken bones beats a felony career and 10 to 20 hard time any day. call it an object lesson is why you dont disrespect your elders or assault them and why being a good citizen is the safer alternative.
edit on 14-12-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

To bad they didn't jump someone carrying a gun whom would do society a favor.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Stories likes these are what makes me disagree with the courts not being about to label someone a psychopath until the age of 18. I'm not saying all four of these children are psychopaths, but it starts somewhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

delete -- double post

edit on 14-12-2016 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

When I was a kid If you gave some stick to adults they would clip me around the ear hole...didn't do me any harm in fact I thought I wouldn't do it again now it is illegal to give em a clip around the earhole and they know it....
Same thing in schools I know a handful of people who used to be teachers who quit because they get assaulted and they can't give em a clip around the ear hole....
Am I an old fart by thinking giving kids a clip around the ear hole actually does em good?. (Obviusly a clip around the ear hole is not a beating just a light slap around the earhole I wouldn't hurt em).

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am shocked at how unprepared the average city dweller seems to be to defend themselves. Like a million sheep herded into their little corral to wait for the wolves to come get them.

I get the stupidity that led to our most recent election. But this lack of courage is kind of frustrating.

If its not someone letting themselves get took, its people standing around taking video instead of helping.

Chivalry died long ago, and common courage went right behind it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
#ThugLife

#EasyTarget

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Where did they learn such behavior? Who is controlling them? On a side note....why this forum? It seems like an odd fit in the Posse forum.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
A violent crime that took place in Brooklyn were done by a gang of young children. Surveillance footage shows a man being attacked and robbed, allegedly by 4 young'ins.

Police say the suspects in a violent crime that took place in Brooklyn, are children.

Surveillance footage shows the four young suspects — accused of robbing and attacking a man — and police say one of them is as young as 8.

A 30 year old was jumped outside of a co-op building by 4 kids one as young as 8.

As CBS2’s Hazel Sanchez reported, a 30-year-old man was jumped outside of a co-op building on Willoughby Street off of Ashland Place in Fort Greene on the Friday after Thanksgiving around 12:30 a.m.

Police said four kids, two boys between the ages of 12 and 14, a girl between 12 and 14 and an 8 or 9-year-old boy, approached the man and demanded his phone.

They punched and threw the 30 yer old to the ground. From the story it happened around 12 AM and the gang of children demanded his phone. The story goes on to say the parents are not controlling their children. No kidding.

They began punching him and threw him to the ground before taking off with the man’s laptop, headphones and a library book, police said.

People from the neighborhood were surprised to hear that kids so young were out so late without an adult.

“My son can’t be in the street at 12 o’clock and be in the house, and he’s 14.” Gabriel Alfredo said, “Maybe their parents don’t care about the kids.”

“I think that’s horrible, and I think the kids today, the parents need to actually have more control over them. Because that’s ridiculous, that’s their elder, and they should respect him and that should not happen,” Gylen Bryant said.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Wow, one mile from my house... Crime happens in all big cities. But little kids that age? I'd get theft, but attacking?

new topics

top topics

join