It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willful slavery to environment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: namelesss

Usually feelings are emotions, which I tend to separate from thought. I liken emotion to hunger pains or simple cravings, where thoughts involve application of knowledge...

You are using terms with a very different meaning than my experience/Knowledge has perceived.
So, without boringly repeating myself, all I can do is to thank you for the conversation!
With Love
peace

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself. I will continue to review what you have posted and try to understand it from different perspectives.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Eh sense... combine all life and pick which tongue your speaking with. he I am ceases to bee so sweet unless you're eating the royal jelly on what first stung you.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ego as vanity? Which self is this one standing in:

Infinite beings of emptiness

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

a reply to: glend

From the Gospel of Thomas? It doesn't sound like the Jesus I know, nevertheless, there must be a balance to be maintained between the spiritual development, and our physical representation in the world...and that is exactly what Christ told his disciples to be, Representatives of the Truth that He spoke.

Concerned loved ones aren't always so understanding. Some more than others.

Yes a different Jesus, but he obviously couldn't preach advanced spirituality on the uneducated masses so I see the Gospel of Thomas as proof that Jesus was indeed a great master and not a figment of Roman fiction.

Concerned loved ones aren't always so understanding

In Bhuddism, its said, the easiest way to attain enlightenment, is to become the road of enlightenment for all. So you are not helping your loved ones by secumbing to the behaivoural patterns they expect of you. You can only help them, and all others, by acheiving your goal. It would be great if you could walk a middle road to limit their concerns but that shouldn't be your utmost priority.

If the road you take results in sadness then its the wrong road. Sprituality should result in the expansion of your love to all by recognizing our similarities instead of focusing on our differences.

I wish you well.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I understand. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself. I will continue to review what you have posted and try to understand it from different perspectives.

That is why I post, offering some food for thought...
Thank you! *__-

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Eh sense... combine all life and pick which tongue your speaking with. he I am ceases to bee so sweet unless you're eating the royal jelly on what first stung you.

That looks marvelously meaningful, I wish I could understand your intended meaning so I could respond intelligently!
I'm generally not a fan of poetry for the very same reason, too much ambiguity...
Does this relate to our environmental topic?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join