It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willful slavery to environment.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't have a mantra, but if I did, it would probably be, "The things you own end up owning you". Those are the words of the fictional character, Tyler Durden, from the book and movie, "Fight Club". However, I would be temped to take it a few steps further; "The environment you dwell in already owns you".

Over the past year, I have plowed through some significant spiritual and psychological barriers. I recently came to realize that the Biblical model of the human soul has an anatomical structure very similar (but not exactly the same in function) to that of the Eastern Chakra system. I have discovered that the knowledge that you put into your mental reservoir (soul-kidneys), filters the stream of thought (soul-blood), which is pumped by your free will (soul-heart). So garbage in=garbage out. Emotions (hunger pains of the soul-stomach) can be misleading, the mouth is the most destructive of weapons, and the eye must be shielded from evil. I've learned that there comes a point when society, family, friends, and tradition can act as a distraction. Jesus illustrated this principle in Matt 8:22 and Luke 14:26.

Matt 8:22
But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me; and allow the dead to bury their own dead.”

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me, and doesn't disregard his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he can't be my disciple.

There are just times when your individual priorities do not line up with the priorities of your peers. It often has an inadvertent alienating effect on you and those around you. You go through changes that sometimes you don't quite understand, and the loved ones around you notice it too. They don't understand it either, so they react emotionally. They tend to take things personally. Then you find yourself having to maintain some sense of equilibrium between the world and the spiritual. Soon, you begin to become impersonal with your environment.

It is at this point that you realize that true freedom comes with a price. The poor person is a slave to the wage, or the hand that feeds. The rich person is a slave to his prosperity/property, and often becomes the tired hand that feeds. Whether you are on top, or at the bottom, you are still a slave to your physical environment, social environment, economic environment, traditional environment, and even worse, your own mental environment...It doesn't end, and the second you find a way to break free, your environment will take notice and begin tugging at your sleeve. Family, friends, co-workers, old habits, wild emotions...they all stand in line trying to tempt you to come back, trying to convince you not to follow the Truth to the end...

What is the end? The end is choosing your master. Are you a slave to your environment or to the Truth?

But what is the Truth? Who is worthy to reveal the Truth to us?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Then you find yourself having to maintain some sense of equilibrium between the world and the spiritual. Soon, you begin to become impersonal with your environment

A very good example of some peoples disconnection from a extrovert ego driven environment where blindness and moral relativism is a virtue instead of the opposite insight.

Anyone who can see it can reveal it.

Objective truth is all spanning measurement of all that was and will be including all levels and data in creation. Inside itself it contains all beings perception of what is even if their perception of "what is" is less than ideal (caused by subjective dissonance) that have to be stored in real time so that you can see how the perception changes with time.
edit on 14-12-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

If you are a slave, it is because you are chained to your ideas more than anything else.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
"The environment you dwell in already owns you".
... you are still a slave to your physical environment...

That seems to be a dangerously schizophrenic/Xtian (believer) disconnect/duality!
It is because of the pathological 'believing' that you/we are unique and autonomous from the environment (owners, sufferers from...) that is at basis of our selfish and greedy (and ignorant) destruction of the environment, and thus, ourselves!
We are all features of "the environment"!
Not anything exists in the Universe that is not a feature of "the environment"!
The Universe/Nature IS "the environment", ALL inclusive!

Are you a slave to your environment or to the Truth?

I Am not a 'slave' to anything!
I/We and the environment, and I/We and Truth, are One and the same!

Your error is 'discriminating/judging' the words by he who speaks them, rather then not paying any attention to the fallacy of authority, and evaluating the words themselves!

Truth is ALL INCLUSIVE!

Everything is Truth!

You're welcome! *__-

edit on 14-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Then you find yourself having to maintain some sense of equilibrium between the world and the spiritual. Soon, you begin to become impersonal with your environment.

The following is attributed to Jesus...

When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom].

The two (in when you make the two into one) if I am not mistaken, is our soul and material body. To unite them they must be true to one another. As shown in the yin yang symbol, light and darkness isn't insperable but a merging of both. So perhaps you should be exactly where you are. Not denying your role on our planet but merging it into your spiritual path as truthfully as you can master. If love ones are concerned, explain to them, that you seek truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Wouldn't you say that losing your identity to environment or Truth is in itself a form of slavery? I don't assume that slavery is automatically demeaning. It can go either way.

Your error is 'discriminating/judging' the words by he who speaks them, rather then not paying any attention to the fallacy of authority, and evaluating the words themselves!

Truth is ALL INCLUSIVE!

Everything is Truth

If everything is Truth, and it is ALL INCLUSIVE, then wouldn't the "fallacy of authority" be Truth too. Sounds like a paradox to me. I judge the words of those who claim to be speaking Truth, because Truth must be accepted upon faith when it is outside of our realm of empirical observations. For example, you could say that the universe has always been, then I can reply that it was created at some point by an Architect. What makes my words anymore worthy than yours, since neither of us have been around long enough to know for sure.

So who is worthy to reveal the Truth? Only God Himself.
edit on 14-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: added point

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

From the Gospel of Thomas? It doesn't sound like the Jesus I know, nevertheless, there must be a balance to be maintained between the spiritual development, and our physical representation in the world...and that is exactly what Christ told his disciples to be, Representatives of the Truth that He spoke.

Concerned loved ones aren't always so understanding. Some more than others.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm sure you must be chained to something too. Perhaps objectivity? Maybe use bond-servant rather than slave if you prefer, but aren't we all servants to the purpose we serve?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Anyone who can see it can reveal it.

Objective truth is all spanning measurement of all that was and will be including all levels and data in creation. Inside itself it contains all beings perception of what is even if their perception of "what is" is less than ideal (caused by subjective dissonance) that have to be stored in real time so that you can see how the perception changes with time.

I think you are correct, but no one has absolute objectivity, so who really knows the Truth in its entirety? Who is able to communicate it accurately without misrepresenting it? While we can all communicate ideas to each other, I would argue that only God can reveal the true understanding of Truth itself. Only He can show us how to sift through the propaganda, and only He can teach us its proper application.
edit on 14-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Guten Morgeng LBL- Long time, no type; read..I hope ALL is well?, I'm thinking You took the recent election/erection OFF... You didn't miss anything other than You know that 'division' that is built-into politics™? It has gotten w i d e r ...

OP-

Do You mean something like this?

www.sunfell.com...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yeah, that description seems fairly accurate, except for the computer and electronic stuff...but definately the dreams too.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hi JimNasium.

I hope you are having a very nice time.

As normal in this life I am playing the role of an annoyed one.

I like to keep the information flow between unconscious mind and conscious mind to a somewhat low setting so that I do not get overwhelmed in my conscious mind. And no playing around with visual calibration or empath abilities. I rather send on those frequencies than receive. A low level bliss state and this body is quite enjoyable to be human.

Other soul are better at empath and energy manifestations than me so I will let them do the part they excel at while I play around with the logical/technical side.

Radio active

edit on 14-12-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Wouldn't you say that losing your identity to environment or Truth is in itself a form of slavery? I don't assume that slavery is automatically demeaning. It can go either way.

We must have very different definitions of 'slavery'.
The loss of a pathologically schizophrenic autonomous 'personality' in the face of an expanding Reality/Truth is no 'loss', other than the loss of a hallucination.
I do not see 'evolution' as 'slavery'. Not in the common usage of the word.
If we want to metaphorically admit to 'slavery' to Truth/Reality, I can go that route, but the term is misleading and rather baggage laden/harsh.

Truth is ALL INCLUSIVE!

Everything is Truth

If everything is Truth, and it is ALL INCLUSIVE, then wouldn't the "fallacy of authority" be Truth too.

Everything exists!
Existence is all inclusive!
That which is 'Real' is predicated upon that which exists!
Thus, Reality is ALL inclusive!
Truth is predicated on what is Reality.
Thus, Truth is all inclusive!
I am speaking on the largest scale!
On the tiny scale of 'thoughts', and the tinier scale of 'logic' (within the realm of 'duality') where 'true/false' is a Reality, a Truth; logical fallacies (like everything else) exist, and are thus features of Truth.

Sounds like a paradox to me.

Perhaps after reading what I wrote above, you are better able to see through the 'apparent paradox' into the... Truth! *__-

I judge the words of those who claim to be speaking Truth, because Truth must be accepted upon faith when it is outside of our realm of empirical observations. For example, you could say that the universe has always been, then I can reply that it was created at some point by an Architect. What makes my words anymore worthy than yours, since neither of us have been around long enough to know for sure.

The only parameters that would make a feature of Truth to be 'true/lie' (is 'thought'), is if one removes all except the small sandbox of 'logic' or 'science'.
Philosophically, scientifically, we can now have truths and lies.
Same with many other little truncated sandboxes.
Take away the truncation and limitations of Perspectives, and Truth is, indeed, One!

So who is worthy to reveal the Truth? Only God Himself.

Truth/Reality/God is One!
ALL INCLUSIVE!
That means that there is not anything that exists that is not 'Truth/Reality/God'!
That means that every hand is God's hand, that every mouth is God's mouth, that every eye is God's eye and every word is God's word!
Anything 'less' than that is merely an appearance due to the inherent limitations of unique individual Perspectives, and the schizophrenia of believed 'thought'..
"Let he with ears hear!" *__-

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Explain how separating one's identity from environment makes them schizophrenic? Jesus called it sanctification. Basically, one realizes that their environment is in direct opposition to a particular spiritual truth, and therefore chooses to serve the Truth rather than serving the environment. Going with the flow is not always the best choice. The Truth encompasses all, including environment, but environment does not have virtue of its own. It is simply a setting.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Explain how separating one's identity from environment makes them schizophrenic? Jesus called it sanctification.

Sure; schizophrenia is the fragmentation of that which is One!
Actually, that is how we are able to perceive Reality/Self, as separated fragments, and we never stop separating the resultant fragments.
That, in itself, is not schizophrenia, the insanity comes with the 'belief' that the 'isolated bits' that we perceive, from moment to moment, really and accurately represents Reality.
"I and the Father are One!"
"As I Am, so can You Be!"

"The eye by which I see God is the same as the eye by which God sees me. My eye and God's eye are one and the same." - Meister Eckhart

"What a man loves, he is. If he loves a stone he is that stone, if he loves a person he is that person, if he loves God - nay, I durst not say more; were I to say, he is God, he might stone me. I do but teach you the scriptures." - Meister Eckhart

Basically, one realizes that their environment is in direct opposition to a particular spiritual truth, and therefore chooses to serve the Truth rather than serving the environment.

The 'environment' is the entirety of the Universe/Nature/God/Self..., what Is! Reality!
The 'spiritual truth' of Xtianity is that Enlightenment/unconditional Love is the experience of Our Universality, Our Oneness.
Jesus was all about the Love! It was the unconditional Love, alone, by which he identifies his followers!
To claim 'seperatude' is to completely miss his teachings.
God IS the 'Environment/Universe'!
So, there is no way that we can serve anyone/thing..., without it being service to God.
Service in discrimination is not puja, Loving devotional service, of great spiritual practice.

Going with the flow is not always the best choice.

A good saying, IF you 'believe' in 'choice'. *__-

The Truth encompasses all, including environment, but environment does not have virtue of its own. It is simply a setting.

Science has been admitting, for quite some time, that they cannot ever find (yet, at least) the definitive place where any one thing leaves off and another begins!
Not only that, but they are finding that time and space do not impede the immediate reaction of some bit in another galaxy to the tickling of my bit!
Quantum weirdness, entanglement.
They cannot figure out what's connecting them that, across all time and space, one itches and the other scratches, perfectly simultaneously!
Really fried Einstein's old brain!

I do not know how you mean 'virtue'; Faith is a Virtue of Love, green is a virtue of a leaf, killingness is a virtue of a soldier...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Are you saying that you don't believe in choice?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Are you saying that you don't believe in choice?

As everything exists, sometimes we perceive the 'thoughts' and 'feelings' (feelings are thoughts) of 'making a choice', but that is all ego, vanity.
Just a passing feeling... (Whispered into your ear by that little red devil on your shoulder, your 'own' thoughts!)
Whose Will B Done??
Again, the 'belief' in such is insinity.
Like the agent coming to believe his own cover story..

I was thinking about our conversation, today, about the 'environment';

If we 'believe' that we are 'different than' the 'environment' (ultimately, your 'environment' must necessarily include the entirety of the Universe, ever), then the position in which the insane mind finds itself is isolated from the entirety of Reality, God, Love!!
Insinity.
Hell!

edit on 17-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

The I am is indeed a slave to things... I am now becoming this I am now becoming that... birth and death, ignorance of not knowing what you are now becoming is ignorance of the selfhood the hood of darkness one hides their face behind in attachment to forms or roles.

The story called: The Hungry Catapillar; sheds two cocoons...

How many husks does one have to shed through life over and over again? To let go of form or even imagination the dream is imagination so who is the dreamer cutting flowers right before they blossom, well who awakens and grabs a form they are most familiar with? Oneself or all of those that feel forsaken? What happens when one steps out of time... in the dance of life does the tune ever stop or just get cut off in understanding, see manifestation 101.

Clones or "gods" try to manifest themselves, why? To prevent extinction; ideals and ideas are not life they are the first step out of the void the one the all the nothingingness the beginning the end the alpha the omega but the loop is infinity like escher's stairs, so instead of running the mind around on 5 senses one can stop and simply see, one can cease to hear and simply understand or empathize, when one smells what is decieving them the nose of the thirst the craving the hunger or the avoidance? Taste depends on attachment to sight and form and sounds of what one dreams as existant and real as a "self" the bee knows that all pollen will transform into honey... what provides the milk? The very stream itself in which all else flows the fire in the cauldron the wind in the bellows the wings that beat...

All of the above is chaos and yet perfection the collide-o-scope or kalide-o-scope? Depends on what lens one is trying to live through...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

The I am is indeed a slave to things...

Sorry to hear that.
Sounds like an unhappy Perspective.

I am now becoming this I am now becoming that... birth and death, ignorance of not knowing what you are now becoming is ignorance of the selfhood the hood of darkness one hides their face behind in attachment to forms or roles.

The story called: The Hungry Catapillar; sheds two cocoons...

How many husks does one have to shed through life over and over again? To let go of form or even imagination the dream is imagination so who is the dreamer cutting flowers right before they blossom, well who awakens and grabs a form they are most familiar with? Oneself or all of those that feel forsaken? What happens when one steps out of time... in the dance of life does the tune ever stop or just get cut off in understanding, see manifestation 101.

Clones or "gods" try to manifest themselves, why? To prevent extinction; ideals and ideas are not life they are the first step out of the void the one the all the nothingingness the beginning the end the alpha the omega but the loop is infinity like escher's stairs, so instead of running the mind around on 5 senses one can stop and simply see, one can cease to hear and simply understand or empathize, when one smells what is decieving them the nose of the thirst the craving the hunger or the avoidance? Taste depends on attachment to sight and form and sounds of what one dreams as existant and real as a "self" the bee knows that all pollen will transform into honey... what provides the milk? The very stream itself in which all else flows the fire in the cauldron the wind in the bellows the wings that beat...

All of the above is chaos and yet perfection the collide-o-scope or kalide-o-scope? Depends on what lens one is trying to live through...

That was wonderfully poetic, train of thought, metaphorical, symbolic... with a soupcon of cartoon.
As you said; chaos.
My only response would be a slow clap.
(I can make sense out of anything, but sometimes it is just too much work, and I don't know that it even makes sense to you...)
*__-

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Usually feelings are emotions, which I tend to separate from thought. I liken emotion to hunger pains or simple cravings, where thoughts involve application of knowledge. There are times when emotions are allowed to dominate the heart and thoughts can become vain, but I don't automatically classify ego as vanity.

I've experienced ego death multiple times in the past, and I have determined for myself that losing my identity to my environment is to waste the potential of the soul. I don't believe choice is an illusion, I think its very real and it co-exists harmoniously with destiny.

Basically I see the world's environment as a schizophrenic plane that is antagonistic to the Truth. The Truth encompasses that antagonistic environment and therefore allows it to exist so that the episode can play itself out, but in the end, a state of equilibrium will be reached, and those who surrendered their souls to the schizophrenic environment will have atrophied souls at best.
edit on 17-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join