It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History about Santa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I enjoyed the slide show and thought id share it

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
DAY UMMM..........

Now that is one naughty list I sure don't want to end up on!

Cool thread and slide show. It's information I've never heard before.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
I can add that the British version of Santa was called "Father Christmas" when I was growing up. He had the long red robe of your *old Santa". The name "Santa Claus" got imported from America along with the short-coated costume.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I enjoyed the slide show and thought id share it

Another reason that soda pop is bad for you...look what it did to Santa!

I did enjoy the slideshow and thanks for sharing, it was cute/informative.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Deep winter would have also been a time of physical and perhaps spiritual hardship for people in northern latitudes, due to the lack of sunlight. Chief among the duties of Siberian shamans was making the rounds to the tents of Siberian tribespeople and handing out “gifts” of dried Amanita mushrooms (Rutajit 2000). A dose of warming, energizing, and euphoric Amanitas may have been the best gift at that time that any Siberian native could ask for.

entheology.com - When Santa was a Mushroom: Amanita muscaria and the Origins of Christmas.

There are several variation on this out there.

The shaman would make the rounds to the yurts covered in snow. The only entrance was the fire hole "chimney" so after the all clear, down the pole he goes and gets covered in soot. The shaman would trade his gifts with the herdsman which is why we exchange gifts. Red and white are associated with Christmas but after leaving the Steppes everybody kind of forgot--until Coke remade Santa in their image!

How's that for a conspiracy! We celebrate a day near Winter Solstice because some lazy shaman did not want to herd and saw some reindeer jumping and kicking after eating the magic fungi! Flying reindeer. It all begins to make sense in a twisted kind of way!

Sorry Odin! I like the space mushroom theory of Christmas much better!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Berserker

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I actually enjoyed that story, im gonna do some digging into it

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

can you confirm the authenticity of the Santa Papyrus..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowChatter

Christ (n.) Look up Christ at Dictionary.com
title given to Jesus of Nazareth, Old English crist (by 830, perhaps 675), from Latin Christus, from Greek khristos "the anointed" (translation of Hebrew mashiah; see messiah), noun use of verbal adjective of khriein "to rub, anoint" (see chrism). The Latin term drove out Old English Hæland "healer, savior," as the preferred descriptive term for Jesus.

A title, treated as a proper name in Old English, but not regularly capitalized until 17c. Pronunciation with long -i- is result of Irish missionary work in England, 7c.-8c. The ch- form, regular since c. 1500 in English, was rare before. Capitalization of the word begins 14c. but is not fixed until 17c. The 17c. mystical sect of the Familists edged it toward a verb with Christed "made one with Christ."
--

Mythology comes from the start of our first civilisation, the fact is more that the darkness is changing towards the light after the winter solstice which occurs from the 21-24 of December..
--

The Christian/Christ mythology seems to arrive from Egypt, its a lot of mixes

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It was twitchy’s post on: what about Santa Clause, that I remember seeing that sent me down that rabbit hole

There is also Unity_99’s post on: Norse Mythology part 5: Santa Claus is a rip off! where the subject of Odin is brought up and countered with the artic shaman mushroom theory.

Then there is this ATS classic: PROOF That Santa Claus is REAL.

I could have sworn it was infowars that I read the same about artic shaman trading the red and white dried mushroom but google pulls up nothing. It was three pages long and well laid out. That was the original internet page I remember seeing but cannot find now.

Here is reverb’s recent post to the NPR article at the Metacafe.

Yeah, this is a well discussed topic here on ATS but it is not really centrally located.

top topics

join