It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Really You America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's obvious I'm bored tonight. I'm having a YouTube binge.

I'm freaked out right now...

I've been watching "SJW Cringe" videos and I'm shocked. Is US university campus really like this? Has it gone all weak and weird? Where you don't need an intelligent argument you just need a loud voice and a strange style of dress?

It's just unique situations caught on camera right?

If it's not unique then TPTB have won, the students are dumbed down and freedom of speech has vanished.

Any students on here who can give me some more details on campus life?

This sounds neanderthal but you wouldn't have lasted a minute if you went to uni in the UK when I did. Of course, you could be wacky and wonderful but this strange new being which is emerging is astonishing. Loud, brash and stupid.

I'm not sure if I'm going to delete this or post it, it's probably going to cause offence. Bugger it.

I won't link videos, there's hundreds out there. What freaks me is that the UK generally follows the trends of America... Are UK students going to end up quad sexual too? Ah bugger, that last line might have killed it for me.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I won't link videos, there's hundreds out there. What freaks me is that the UK generally follows the trends of America... Are UK students going to end up quad sexual too? Ah bugger, that last line might have killed it for me.

As we learn from another thread, the Students' Union at Oxford are already doing it;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's it, the start of something destructive.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

From what I gather and from comments made by members who are actually in US Colleges and Universities, it really is a "thing" but...............the vast majority just kind of laugh it off and walk on by. Be aware as well that a lot of the student interaction videos on Youtube are staged; there's not a lot of truth left anywhere on the internet these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

There is that, but after watching far too many Inspector Morse shows of late, I'd have to ask..........is Oxford really a indication of anything other than the bubble world of Oxford? I mean it like this; if you were an English person seeking a career in robotics, would you even consider attending Oxford? Who's got the time or the money to waste studying at Oxford; it seems to focus on the arts and literature and history and such none of which pays particularly well or goes to Mars.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have a daughter who is currently enrolled in college. You will be happy to know that these SJWs are a small fringe of the real campus population.

Most of the kids are still concentrating on the important aspects of college...drinking and partying and could care less about these SJW idiots.
edit on 2016/12/13 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Good news. I hope she follows in your footsteps, you'd cause some fuss if you were there I know... And I'd support you all the way!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
I think the students at Oxford will be symptomatic of UK students generally, and will be politically correct to the same degree. I was there myself (on a student grant), and often found myself very much the minority in a very left-wing environment. In the other thread, I mentioned how the students of the 70's, when they were starting to set up the local Students' Union, tried to assert a moral claim to the building owned by the Oxford Union debating society, because the owners were "not a real student union".

Incidentally, it isn't just about degrees in the Arts. I shared a flat for a year with two mathematicians and a physicist.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Tuition fees are same nationwide aren't they now? I'll double check that. The rent in Oxford is probably high though.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oxford being a small town, student accommodation was very much a sellers' market. Yes, I think rents would be high, but mainly for that reason.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I agree with Metallicus.

Most students are getting on with the business of studying, ducking deadlines and partying.

I'm genuinely glad that young students have a chance to be extremely idealistic. It's how it should always be. Real life trims the fat off their dreams and they eventually land on Planet Earth with as small a bump as possible.

It's great that they refuse to buy Nestle products and have periods of veganism. Staying up in the early hours to talk about all the wrongs of the world and how to change them is the prerogative of youth. I hope the day never arrives when uni students succumb to whatever the status quo says.

If you think about it, ATS is a place where older idealists come to talk. Most of us promote ideas that mainstream society doesn't support.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

One should never enter "cringe" into youtube and expect their value of humans to rise.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's funny how you people constantly talk about how sensitive "SJWs" are yet you all cry and complain just as much if not more so...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeah I know what you're saying. I remember thinking I knew everything back then. Now I know I know nothing. I suppose it's all a curve we travel and the minority surf the extremes.

Yes you're right, we are similar here, we are probably just as hard to swallow. I shouldn't judge. The difference here is mostly I'm more sober and I go to bed earlier.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Udntknowjack

It's funny how you people constantly talk about how sensitive "SJWs" are yet you all cry and complain just as much if not more so...

It's my first real experience of them.

After watching these videos I find the better looking feminists really sexy. So that's a positive.
edit on 13-12-2016 by and14263 because: Phone must die

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Logic has no place on ATS. The sooner you learn that, the happier you will be on these forums.

Welcome....you have much to learn Grasshopper! However, apparently you have a solid grasp of "irony"....
edit on 13-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

bring back the capitalist attitude

Life's a race win it

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

After watching these videos I find the better looking feminists really sexy. So that's a positive.

In the college bars I frequent; It's been my experience that feminist aren't attracted to crybabies. In fact most women find the men with the propensity to whine and complain about things "mama's boys" just my opinion....

You might find this informative.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Logic has no place on ATS

we all ponder over outrageous things
but no one questions why it took so long
to invent the bicycle ?

the knowledge and technology
has been available for a 1000 years
and one of 1st ones we make is ridiculous

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Important aspects of college = drinking and partying? Damn, that's how you do it! Forget all the rape cases that occur at frat parties, those darn pesky SJWs!

You honestly cry more than most SJWs lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join