It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary: "A Billion Lives" Full. Conspiracy from Big Tobacco Against Vaping

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Actually, from my research and personal testing, I feel that vaping is not good for you. The nicotine in cigarettes is not the only chemical that has an effect on us, the b-carbolines have a beneficial effect. Nicotine is a medicine that should not be abused and the carrier fluid in the vapor can be bad for us. The thing is that there are different combos in the different vape formulas, some are worse than others.

Each chemistry should be evaluated seperately to find out if it is ok or problematic. I'll stick with cigarettes, the vapes just aren't the same.

There are up to 1,000 different chemicals in cigarettes. There are no more than 4 in e-cig liquid. All 4 have certainly been tested. None are carcinogenic. Out of the 1,000 in cigarettes a few are, but it is mainly tar and the process of combustion that is bad.

There is no tar or combustion with vaping.
edit on 14-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: reldra

I am down to 12mg at my last visit.

Same here, 12 mg.

I use Juicy Vapor on Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst. Near Tonawanda Creek.

Do you mind me asking where you go?

I have been to Juicy Vapor, but it is a bit of a bus trip for me. And in the evening, the area is a little desolate to get the bus back. Did that once.

I go to Vapor Chamber on Elmwood in Kenmore or House of Vapor on Kenmore in Kenmore.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: rickymouse
Actually, from my research and personal testing, I feel that vaping is not good for you. The nicotine in cigarettes is not the only chemical that has an effect on us, the b-carbolines have a beneficial effect. Nicotine is a medicine that should not be abused and the carrier fluid in the vapor can be bad for us. The thing is that there are different combos in the different vape formulas, some are worse than others.

Each chemistry should be evaluated seperately to find out if it is ok or problematic. I'll stick with cigarettes, the vapes just aren't the same.

There are up to 1,000 different chemicals in cigarettes. There are no more than 4 in e-cig liquid. All 4 have certainly been tested. None are carcinogenic. Out of the 1,000 in cigarettes a few are, but it is mainly tar and the process of combustion that is bad.

There is propylene glycol in many of them and even though that is considered safe, it is not safe. There was a controversy with this chemical, it was grandfathered in back in the fifties so new evidence that disproves it's safety is not allowed to be used. It was known to have problems before that time but nothing was done about it because similar problems exist in other natural foods. Concentrated it is a problem.

Some tobaccos have it in them, I actually can taste it. I buy certain regular pipe tobaccos to roll my own, they do not have this in them but not having it in the tobacco makes it necessary to add moisture once in a while to the tobacco.

Around twenty percent of people have problems breaking down this chemistry and even though it is considered non toxic doesn't mean it does not effect you. Non-toxic means you can't die from a direct effect of the chemical in the amount considered normal consumption. There are other chemicals in other vapes that are not quite as bad but they still have a negative effect.

You are right, cigarettes have some bad chemistry to them. Especially the tar. Nicotine is a medicine and it can be used to treat many things, variations of nicotine chemistry are in many medicines. Now, too much medicine is not good, there are side effects. another thing is what they use in cigarettes as far as pesticides and where they are grown is important. I liked the organic cigarettes, but they are expensive. So I bought a cigarette machine and make my own. I only smoke around ten a day, usually only when I drink coffee. You start smoking over a pack a day and you got problems. Even vaping too much is bad, nicotine is a bioactive chemical. It can help to balance chemistry in the body but too much can swing it the other way and cause problems.

If people want to vape, they should be able to. For some it is a medicine and safer than the meds they would need to replace the nicotine chemistry. This whole thing is Pharma companies wanting to sell more meds but they do have a point, vaping can have side effects. But the meds to replace them also have side effects that are a problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks, I'll have to try those next time I am up that way.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Actually the number is 7000 according to a recent international study by Los Alamos National Laboratory:

Tobacco smoke is a complex witch's brew containing more than 7,000 chemicals including over 70 known to cause cancer (carcinogens). Previous large-scale epidemiological studies have associated tobacco smoking with increased risk for 17 different types of cancer, including cancer in tissue not directly exposed to smoke. However, the mechanisms by which tobacco smoking causes cancer have previously remained elusive. This study demonstrates that smoking increases cancer risk by causing somatic mutations that both directly damage DNA and increase the speed of an endogenous molecular clock.

also:

Over the course of a year, this means that someone who smokes a pack a day (20 cigarettes) has 150 extra mutations per cell in the lung, 97 per larynx cell, 23 per mouth cell, 18 per bladder cell, and six per liver cell.

from www.eurekalert.org... &
www.theverge.com...

Reiterating vaping is less bad, but still not healthy.
edit on 14-12-2016 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People always scared of pg ... I don't vape pg myself just vg based I figure if there is some slim chance there right about pg I'm safe and it shuts most anti vapers up quick caz

Most anti vapors don't know anything about vg so they have nothing to say

More on topic

Big tabaco can't compeat with vape there's no profit left if ur set up like I am I pay maby 8 bucks a month compared to 8 a day

Tabaco loses profit from vape even if there selling it there losing profit

Not to mention the addiction is not the same first thing I knoticed I don't need to vape when I smoked every hr on the dot I needed a smoke

So that also cuts there profit

I'm positive tabaco will get there way and vaping will be regulated out and only people who cam build there own vape and make there own juice will have access

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

There is a very good reason with the difference in addiction in cigarettes VS addiction in vaping:

In cigarettes chemicals such as ammonia and formaldehyde (an example) are formulated in the cigarette to make the absorption of nicotine more complete and binding in the system, and with vaping there is really no extra chemicals being added to the mix to help super charge the nicotine being super adsorbed into the body.

A lot of the extra host of chemicals that are added into a cigarette are there to make the nicotine delivery system more readily easier be absorbed into the body, making it more complete and more addictive to the user.

Look up Jeffrey Wigand, a man who did the right thing who formerly worked for Big Tobacco.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon
a reply to: markovian

There is a very good reason with the difference in addiction in cigarettes VS addiction in vaping:

In cigarettes chemicals such as ammonia and formaldehyde (an example) are formulated in the cigarette to make the absorption of nicotine more complete and binding in the system, and with vaping there is really no extra chemicals being added to the mix to help super charge the nicotine being super adsorbed into the body.

A lot of the extra host of chemicals that are added into a cigarette are there to make the nicotine delivery system more readily easier be absorbed into the body, making it more complete and more addictive to the user.

Look up Jeffrey Wigand, a man who did the right thing who formerly worked for Big Tobacco.

True but I've read cocos also contains ingredients which would allow faster absorption. Don't know any vaping with nicotine using cocos though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join