It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Lady of Guadalupe is for all, especially non-believers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Today, December 12th, is the 485th anniversary of the most fantastic miracle this world has ever experience. This is not just the story of the apparition of the Mother of Christ, but the miraculous image she left on Juan Diego's tilma. Many who do not know the history of the event believe this image is just another painting. Not so! This image converted Mexico from human sacrifice to Christianity, no small feat.

Below is a documentary about Our Lady of Guadalupe narrated by Jim Caviezel. When you have an hour I hope you grab some popcorn and get a history lesson you won't forget.

Secrets of the Image

Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I hold our Lady in high reverence. I'm not catholic or ever particularly Christian.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

I was very ill and searched for help in the only way I could, this was back in the 1990's, I painted a replica of this holy image and no matter how I tried I could not copy her face, the color of her robe is also virtually impossible to duplicate as is her exact skin tone except with acrylics which of course did not exist at the time the image was imprinted on the tilma of Huan Diego.

It is Real and it is an Image of our Lady, a faithful image not painted by human hand's.

edit on 12-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I watched nearly 45 minutes of your vid OP, and it was ok.. Not watching anymore, although 1hr vid is enough for out ATS family to watch.

I've been drinking with my friends tonight so will give a better posts tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I remember watching a video about it being an upside down occult symbol.
I can't remember who did the video but it was very good

Human sacrifices have not stopped in Mexico, who knows how many die every day because of drug money and greed
edit on 12-12-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Our Lady of Guadalupe has seen me through some very tough times.
I have the most profound reverence for her.
Thank you for the post. I truly appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sorry. Don't get it. If it helps people feel like someone is watching over them and protecting them, then that's fine.

It feels like ancient hokus pocus; its ok as long as it doesn't keep people from seeking real help.

I am concerned that continued reverence blocks their ability to live in the real world. And that makes me sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I believe people get more help from God, Mary and the Saints than they do from humans. God never fails and He never gives up on us. "Wonderful counselor" being one of my favorites.

Titles of God

Titles of Mary

Kind Regards.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Our Lady came to offer faith, hope and consolation to the oppressed natives of Mexico and to reconcile them with their Spanish rulers. She put an end to the bloody human sacrifice of the Aztecs and converted ten million natives in the next 10 years!

www.catholiceducation.org...

This happened 485 years ago! Yes sadly, Mexico and the rest of the world still have human sacrifice these days - abortion and satanic rituals to name a few.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
Our Lady of Guadalupe is for all, especially non-believers

Sorry, some things are ONLY for those who already host 'beliefs', especially if their capacity for critical examination is ... inhibited!

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

edit on 13-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Our Lady came to offer faith, hope and consolation to the oppressed natives of Mexico and to reconcile them with their Spanish rulers. She put an end to the bloody human sacrifice of the Aztecs and converted ten million natives in the next 10 years!

This happened 485 years ago! Yes sadly, Mexico and the rest of the world still have human sacrifice these days - abortion and satanic rituals to name a few.

Well it seems she didn't do a very good job then did she
Sorry to say, Seems she is a bit of a failure

Certainly didn't help Mexico in any real way I can see

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

"And the land was polluted with blood," by idolaters who sacrificed their sons and daughters to devils. (Ps. 105:38) Such was Mexico when Hernando Cortes arrived there in 1519. Some ten million native Nahuatl Indians formed a vast confederation of tribes at this time. These tribes were dominated by the powerful Aztecs who, for all their intelligence, industry, and valor, were equally barbaric, enslaved by an extravagant system of idolatry which placated its numerous gods with gruesome orgies of human sacrifice and cannibalism. For centuries torrents of blood literally flowed from the temple pyramids, with as many as 20,000 humans being sacrificed in one day.

www.olrl.org...

She stopped this. What would the Americas looked like if this had continued to the present?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I agree. But are you not contradicting your own idea that truth is the ALL INCLUSIVE sum of all views?

To quote you:

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics (Book of Fudd)

All Perspectives are 'valid/Reality'.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

I would not wish Hell upon anyone including myself, yet I believe it's existence to be true.

edit on 12/13/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Christianity's foundations were based on human sacrifice though...Abraham and his son...Jesus and the crucifix...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Respectfully, no it is not.

God tested Abraham to see if he would obey Him. "But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am." He said, "Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me." Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son."

Every other mention of human sacrifice in the Bible commands man not to do it. It is an abominable act which the LORD hates.

16 Bible Verses about Human Sacrifices

As for the death of Our Lord, this is something that God did for us. I tried to find the simplest explanation I could to help you understand. I hope you will take a few minutes to digest this article's message:

"Why did Jesus have to die?"

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
She's very important to me. And my friend, who I hope is lurking here.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Reality is subjective. All that matters is that the believer believes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

"And the land was polluted with blood," by idolaters who sacrificed their sons and daughters to devils. (Ps. 105:38) Such was Mexico when Hernando Cortes arrived there in 1519. Some ten million native Nahuatl Indians formed a vast confederation of tribes at this time. These tribes were dominated by the powerful Aztecs who, for all their intelligence, industry, and valor, were equally barbaric, enslaved by an extravagant system of idolatry which placated its numerous gods with gruesome orgies of human sacrifice and cannibalism. For centuries torrents of blood literally flowed from the temple pyramids, with as many as 20,000 humans being sacrificed in one day.

www.olrl.org...

She stopped this. What would the Americas looked like if this had continued to the present?

I am sure that a European power would have stopped it anyway

What would mexico look like if a protestant England took it over instead of the Catholic church.
Probably be a lot more Western.

I dont think your picture or Mary deserve any worship for what Mexico is at the moment

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

North America the indinous people were almost completely eradicated in a long and constant holocaust, there cultures destroyed by plague imported by the western european's and the survivors then hunted down for there land.

This was about to happen one way or another in South America, don't underestimate the cruelty and violence of the Spaniard's they had come out of a war lasting century's against the Moor's whom had stolen THERE homeland and had fought to reclaim it and converted or killed those moor's that they captured, hungry for more conquest this new power built upon military might needed to expand and the discovery of the America's came along just in time to save the North African's as the Spaniard's had already set there eye's across the Mediterranean with an eye to establishing a new empire and driving the Moorish even further back returning upon them the act of invasion which the Moor had visited upon There ancestor's.

One Spanish bishop, Bishop De'Landa ordered all the text's that could be found burned and so a destruction greater perhaps than the destruction of the library of alexandria took place starting in Mexico and every book they could lay there hand's upon was burned by the spaniard's in a campaign to entirely eradicate the native culture.

The people were to be enslaved and worked to death but of course there were decent and faithful christian's and many of the Spaniard's were devout in there faith while some were merely struck by the curse of Gold Lust.

The Miracle of Tepeyac Hill, the imprinting of the image onto the shroud and no it is NOT a painting despite your preconcieved notion that you some how know better than the expert's whom have studied it, that Miracle saved Million's of live's and saved the Native people's of not only Mexico but also a greater south america.

In North America however even though many christian missionaries had converted the native people's to Christianity in many tribe's and some tribe's had religion's that could only be interpreted as Garbled interpretation's of christianity which had probably passed to them by un-recorded missionary's before Columbus and Amerigo ever got there or allegedly discovered the land (Which was already inhabited by human being's whom therefore should have that credit), the land grabbing people whom came to settle the north and whom did not revere the virgin mother, she whom is enthroned at the right hand of her son and bear's the title of mother to those whom will be gathered to his right in Judgement day, caused even the Native Christian's were to suffer the same fate as the other people's of north America as they waged a war of extermination culminating in the few survivors being shipped to reservation's and those reservation's only came into being because of public opinon from the few Enlightened reporters whom told the truth about what was happened to the older colony's back on the east coast.

So she saved them, get it, if that miracle had not happened the people's of south america would have been hunted to the rain forest's and then hunted there and butchered much as the mainly German settlers from western europe did as they made the great expansion west ignoring the ancient treatis with the native people's which at least the English had more or less honored, the English though are no saint's and did much the same to the Aboriginal people's of Australia.

Look at the data pal, no paint's, only acrylic can produce the same hues and it did not exist then and there is no trace of that on the Tilma either, reflection's in the eye's curved correctly and can be reverse curved to show reflection's of PEOPLE including what appear's to be a kneeling monk or perhaps the Bishop whom the tilma was revealed to as if it was watching him at that very moment when it was imprinted upon the cactus cloth.

Explosion in the church during the Mexican revolution, the stone alter was blown to bit's, the unprotected image was not even singed and no one in the crowded church was injured.

A reproduction of the image was held in the cabin of a devout admiral whom led the last great battle against the ottoman empire, one upon which the history of the world revolved as the Ottoman empire had more ship's, they were larger, faster galley's and better armed and they still lost to the smaller christian fleet, that admiral spent the night before the battle fasting and praying before that reproduction.

edit on 13-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join