It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"GIRL" A Biblical Film Preview (satire)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This is an SNL skit - in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve and the snake and the apple and an angry cloud-god....

it's very funny. I encourage anyone who wants a chuckle (and won't get all bent and panty-twisted by the irreverence) to watch it. A modern-language presentation of the story, done as a movie "preview."

Let me know what you guys think.

I think it's really clever and hilarious. From a feministic point of view, with Adam portrayed as rather a dullard, and Eve as a clever girl who is navigating her way around. "What are we even doing here?" she says.

God tells her she's old enough to be out on her own, that he figured he couldn't trust her to not eat the apple.....
she says "I'm only three days old!" Plus, she had asked Adam AND the snake if it was okay to eat the apple.

Funny stuff.
I'm glad that in this country we get to poke fun at the fairy tales presented in the Bible.
Some humorous things are just Timeless.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The first appearance of her is she's calling, "Adam? Adam, a snake just talked to me. Is that normal?"

When God says don't eat the fruit, from inside his dark and stormy cloud, she asks:
"Is that like a 'definitely don't'? Or more like a 'don't' but with a side of 'maybe do'?"
edit on 12/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Have you read Eve's Diary, by Mark Twain? It's so funny! Although he does make the girl sound a bit foolish.. it's also all in fun.

Here's a copy if you're interested:

www.freeclassicebooks.com...'s%20Diary.pdf

Oh yeah, that was funny!
edit on 12-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and definitely not a Lena Dunham fan, so I'm not the target audience for sure.

But...

That was hilarious! I never see SNL anymore so I have no idea if they are in a "funny phase" or not (they seem to go through hot and cold spells) - but this was pretty quality.

Thanks for the lol.
edit on 12-12-2016 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They're white, lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I immediately thought of that too!

Fixed link:
Eve's Diary

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: zosimov

I immediately thought of that too!

Fixed link:
Eve's Diary

Haha, I like how you think, pthena!

Thanks for fixing the link.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Have you read Eve's Diary, by Mark Twain? It's so funny! Although he does make the girl sound a bit foolish.. it's also all in fun.

Here's a copy if you're interested:

www.freeclassicebooks.com...'s%20Diary.pdf

Oh yeah, that was funny!
I think I have - I have read Letters from the Earth, for sure, and there were some other fables there, too, and I bet that was one of them.

He's one of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

They have been, surprisingly, VERY funny for the last couple/three years.

The cast is fantastically talented. I recommend starting with anything Kate McKinnon is in, and also Kristen Wiig and Tina Fey. Rich stuff.

The last year has had a 'cold open' nearly every week about the election....from the very first debates to now.

Funny stuff.

Trump doesn't like it, and told Alec Baldwin to stop it. Alec said, "Sure, I'll stop it. As soon as you release your tax returns."

o snap

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

meh. try it again. it tells me that from time to time, so I just go to the next clip and then backtrack.

Or just search: Lena Dunham Eve SNL....

try this:

new topics

top topics

join