It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Anomalies on Mars - The Ultimate Collection

page: 1

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In order to keep up the tradition, I thought I'd post another thread about potential anomalies on Mars. But this time it's a more general one including images from Curiosity, Spirit, Opportunity and MRO. This is a compilation of previous anomaly threads and also a tribute to all those who spent a lot of time looking for unusual features in Mars imagery over the past months and years. In each of the galleries you can click on a number (below each gallery) that will then take you to a post with more information about a particular anomaly. Enjoy the journey!

A. Curiosity Set 1 / Large image

Click numbers below for related posts with more details:
01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

B. Curiosity Set 2 / Large image

C. Curiosity Set 3 / Large image

D. Spirit & Opportunity / Large image

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08

E. Mars Satellite Imagery / Large image

01 | 02 | 03 | 04

And small "goodie" at the end: Sometimes we can see how anomaly hunting can make the transition from our imagination to solid professional artwork! Here's an image of a presumed crash site (involving a car, wheels, debris and Martian casualties):

And here's how our esteemed ATS member Libertygal interpreted the scene (OP):

Thanks again, Libertygal, and thanks to all other contributors as well for your inspiration, patience and efforts. I'm aware that the galleries above are only a small representation of interesting features, so feel free to add your finds to this thread further below.

Happy anomaly hunting (and Merry Xmas/Happy New Year in advance)!

SOURCES & LINKS:
----------------------------------
1. Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (01/2014)
2. MSL Potential Anomalies (2015)
3. MSL Potential Anomalies (2016)
edit on 11-12-2016 by jeep3r because: corrected URL

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks for this. It is a welcome change to all the political mud pit threads. Even if there is nothing here, I still enjoy pouring through the images and wondering.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Very nice collection

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Thanks for this. It is a welcome change to all the political mud pit threads. Even if there is nothing here, I still enjoy pouring through the images and wondering.

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it!

The reason for this exercise is to have a good overview (including linked sources) and just maybe it'll make us think twice concerning some of the features the rovers/satellites came across. That's of course not to say it's all evidence for past life on Mars or of articifical origin...

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nicely done OP, thanks for taking the time to simplify this in one post. No doubt many people will make good use of this.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

why is this in the scientific forums....

you should see some of the anomalies and things scientist cant explain here on earth. your head would explode.

edit on 11-12-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
In other words there's only funny shaped rocks.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
In other words there's only funny shaped rocks.

Well, the case for there being a Crinoid fossil in those rocks is pretty good, and certainly convinced Richard Hoover, an erstwhile NASA scientist, and head of NSA's astrobiology research up to 2011, who was quite cross when somebody on the rover programme ground the artifact to dust not so long after the picture was taken.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Excellent OP! The format makes it so easy to learn about each pic by clicking the number. I will be returning to this thread often to read about these anomalies.

Some are hard to dismiss as rocks or paraidolia. Great Work. Keep em coming

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Great work! Kudos to you!
Let´s not forget this one that VasaCroe found:

Triangular hollow rock on mars

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Great, thanks! I can only encourage everyone to add to the collection. As I mentioned in the OP, only a fraction of the finds from the different forums are included in these galleries. I'm sure there's lots of other interesting stuff out there...

edit on 11-12-2016 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

great thread Jeep , as usual , always good to see your well presented images making an appearance,

but where did the lady doth go ?

*a curious thought arises , then submerges in a soup of chowder*

funsocks

edit on 11-12-2016 by funsocks because: blue it's hold a curious yet softly glowing pendant

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Devon Island

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Thanks, makes it easier to find these. Nice layout for it as well. If I find some that are not shared, I'll be sure to add.

The sun "stone"/ "crab" - www.abovetopsecret.com... - not seeing it?- and the "porthole C.14. are two of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: funsocks

great thread Jeep , as usual , always good to see your well presented images making an appearance,
but where did the lady doth go ?

*a curious thought arises , then submerges in a soup of chowder*

funsocks

Much appreciated! The chowder allegory is neat and a clear reference to item D.01 (and a few others, me thinks). A lot of branching and segmentation going on there considering that it's supposed to be concretions.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Well, the case for there being a Crinoid fossil in those rocks is pretty good, and certainly convinced Richard Hoover, an erstwhile NASA scientist, and head of NSA's astrobiology research up to 2011, who was quite cross when somebody on the rover programme ground the artifact to dust not so long after the picture was taken.

I wonder if this would be an appropriate summary of what Hoover was talking about:

Full-size image

Opportunity sol 34
edit on 13-12-2016 by jeep3r because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
how did a miss this thread? s+f

new topics

top topics

join