It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the internet making you lazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

You win the internet!

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So is it the internet thats makes you lazy or ease mobile devices like cell phones, laptop amd tablets thats doing it. I for one know the internet had made me lazy in ways. Simple things like going from picking up the phone on family and/or friends birthdays and telling them happy birthday. This days they can only look forward to "Hbd" on facebook maybe with a fancy image in there if I feel like looking for one.

posted on Dec, 10 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Convenience will make sloths of us all!

10 years ago I'd have to sit close enough to my PS2 or whatever to play, now it's all wireless. Same goes for TV or movies in general, if I'm too lazy to pick the remote up I can sure as hell watch it on my phone, I can turn things on and use my PC with my phone too.

Apps for takeaways, answering the door is a burden but at least I don't need to mess about with money.

Letters? Why bother, my bills and bank have apps too.

It's not just the internet, society is gearing up to be faster... More convenient. Good things are so quick to be implemented, it's like we are riding a wave of doing less. The more we ride the less we do.

I can't complain though, I'm not scared of a bit graft but I just love being lazy. Flask of tea was always my go to when I was ill as a kid whilst lying in bed playing FF7, good memories despite being ill.

It's a good time of year to be a lazy sod too
who doesn't love bed in the winter.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Convenience will make sloths of us all!

10 years ago I'd have to sit close enough to my PS2 or whatever to play, now it's all wireless. Same goes for TV or movies in general, if I'm too lazy to pick the remote up I can sure as hell watch it on my phone, I can turn things on and use my PC with my phone too.

Apps for takeaways, answering the door is a burden but at least I don't need to mess about with money.

Letters? Why bother, my bills and bank have apps too.

It's not just the internet, society is gearing up to be faster... More convenient. Good things are so quick to be implemented, it's like we are riding a wave of doing less. The more we ride the less we do.

I can't complain though, I'm not scared of a bit graft but I just love being lazy. Flask of tea was always my go to when I was ill as a kid whilst lying in bed playing FF7, good memories despite being ill.

It's a good time of year to be a lazy sod too
who doesn't love bed in the winter.

I think lazy people get a bad rep but in truth they actually are of great benefit.

It must have been a lazy person that invented the wheel because they could not be arsed to keep carrying things.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Exactly.

The tin opener wasn't invented till 50 years after the tin can.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Basketball was played for nearly 30 years until someone decided to make a hole in the bottom of the basket, until then someone had to get up a ladder and get the ball out every time a basket as scored.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join