It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my county has a Higher crime rate then detroit+ the highest suicide rate in FL 23% higher

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe some people have more than one warrant.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Just to try and save you some insults. First, the wall of text isn't friendly on the eyes. Break it up into some paragraphs. Second, you need to proof read this because the grammer in this post is horrendous. To top it off, you have no source to back your claims.

Grammar*

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
well glad you spent teh time finding my English errors if you spent half as much time living in teh real world you would noty need me to spoon feed you.
If my writing skills are what matters most no wonder tehre are 5 million people jailed right now oo did i not put a link?
look up your own countys stats lol .

I wasn't trying to insult you. I wasn't just pointing out that its hard to read and as others has said most will just pass up your thread due to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

originally posted by: amicktd
Just to try and save you some insults. First, the wall of text isn't friendly on the eyes. Break it up into some paragraphs. Second, you need to proof read this because the grammer in this post is horrendous. To top it off, you have no source to back your claims.

Grammar*

Lol, damn got me...good catch.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
well so involved in my spelling you did not see the Florida reference in the title
well i am dyslexic so posting is very hard for me . really it sucks every thing comes out backwards or miss spelled .

I got the state. What city, what county? North Fla. or south?

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Yea, its rough out there. The USA has the biggest prison population out of any other major, first world country.

Wiki prison pop by country

It is not surprising considering that we have more laws, city, county, state and federal laws. The average person commits 3 felonies in a day.

Govtrack edxplanation on how many "laws" there are for just the federal laws

Mental health issues are on the rise too, and little is being done to help or even determine WHY.

Some claim it is the food and water we drink, others claim it is because of economic and financial reasons, yet others claim it is because of a lack of hope and achieving ones dreams, yet others claim it is a lack of the family dynamic.

I agree, OP, things need to change but how to get that to change is the real question. Probably the easiest change would be to start with ones self, become a positive force and work on improving ones self because you can't expect others to improve you or hand you what you need when you need it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One person can have multiple warrants against him so you can't just count every warrant as one criminal.

just a dumbass saying.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
first I dont know the rules for posting a area a person lives in second I wont anyway my own rule .
3rd my post isnt about this county in of its self but The fact this country has a growing problem of using jailing for funding and worse using jailing to deal with mental illness .
Because i ended up in county over night twice i started looking and a good 60 % of the time i see cases like my own .
Jail for stopping a fight jailed after calling the police for help .Jailed for being mentally ill .
I watch in court as a women who was in county and charge with well cant really say the cops told her to leave a place
and she argued with them. Anyway this women in the video screen is total unaware she is even on video total sciso
. So the judge says 1500 fine and yadda yadda on to the next . She has no clue at all she is even in court talking to her self the whole time .
That judge didnt give one flip this women desperately needs help they will just drop her by the sheriffs office .
what happens then who cares . I know most people have no problem turning a blind eye in all this or it would have never gotten this far .
Tell you what start looking up county jails and how many people die in each jail a year . heck this one has a low death rate compared to the other 20 or so i looked up .
Just wate another 20 years by then it will no longer matter if you care . Such a wast of human life such a wast of resources taht could be used to solve these problems instead of building more jails.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's a really sad story of the woman with clear mental health problems in the courtroom.
I'm genuinely shocked that could happen in a modern developed nation.
Tragic

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
two years agaio i found a mental ill women living in the woods . I brought her food and stuff but thinking what if the wrong person finds her .called the police . Well went in came out and left I kept try to find help for her .
for 3 moths i tried the answer was always teh same nothing we can do .
she is dead now died of ex-poser during winter (it doesnt get cold much but cold enough .)
She needed help' help of which I was unable to provide and far as i can tell no one else gives a darn.
btw did not drink did not do drugs just skitso sick society stop worrying about some guy from some godforsaken
desert destroying this country we are doing a great job our selfs.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Here in the UK our mental health services are underfunded, and there are problems with people being held in police cells temporarily for their own protection while waiting for a hospital admission.
They are generally treated with compassion though albeit not ideal.

I am absolutely positive that a vulnerable person in the woods as you describe would have been 'sectioned' and admitted to a hospital at some point after advising authorities.

Your local situation sounds horrible.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
wish i could say it local . When i was young (51 now ) it was like 25 % one morning 5 am and a homeless shelter was
Kicking ever one out as they do every morning .What made this different is walking by it a young women standing crying
at the edge of the road holding NEW BORN baby I stopped and asked her what was wrong . She says she was in then shelter and they kicked her out 5 am nothing open city center 25 % and a NEW BORN .
Man i was pissed well for once a cop was coming by i stop him told him NO WAY this women should be out here .
In a rare show of compassion he made the shelter take her back in.
How a Women with a new born is throun on the street at 5 am and 25 % ill never know .
Over and over aging all through my life but the last 10 years have gotton worse then even the 1960ds were .
People love this site twin towers bigfoot aliens Hillery did so and so .But when it comes to real people and real problems well my dyslexic is the topic .

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

So are mental health hospital services provided free at the point of use where you are or do you need insurance?

Although the police are usually first contact with people who may be a danger to themselves or others, within hours or a day or two at most, they end up under the care of the National Health Service.

Is it the case you have to be criminally insane to get a free place in a secure hospital?
Here you get a place if you look like you are a danger to yourself.

Hey no worries dyslexia but do remember the spellchecker, my mate with dyslexia sometimes posts on ATS and he relies on it.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
thanks sorry to say for me it is so bad even spellchecker gives up lol
as for help 30 years agaio there was help Not good help but alest some help .
now nothing zero zip . CNN has talked about the 5 million in jail what isnt talked about as much is the 5 million that are homeless. and most mentally ill .
It is very close to the point the hospitals dont have to admit a person uninsured . A few are acctly turning out people with emergency . It is spiraling out of control and i highly dout Trump will change anything that will help .
One thing can change it people not saying they care But accutly caring just one small thing every chance there is .
If they cared half as much as they care about Trump and Hillery the country would be cleaned up in a week.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Don't know what county you're from OP, but it would sure be helpful to validate your claims if you'd SAY which county you're from, or at least a coastal/interior region name. Panhandle, Keys, Nature Coast, First Coast, 'Glades, Space Coast, Treasure Coast, Sun Coast, Central Hell, etc.
Otherwise, since I'm a native of the Sun Coast counties, having last lived in Hillsborough, I'm inclined to say you're blowing hot air. Not about how crappy the state is -- it's s#ty, grew up there, left because of it, can confirm. But throwing out a claim and numbers without a source county to BACK it is kind of fishy.

originally posted by: Lysergic
Florida is the new Detroit.

Not new Detroit, Florida's been Detroit 2.0 for a long-ass time in terms of lack of everything from worthwhile work to affordable CoL. And is a haven for sex offenders. Not counting homegrowns, FL draws them like moths to a flame. Weird crimes like zombie face-eaters is centered around Miami, but it's Miami, so whatever. Still, idiots keep moving there under the delusion that it's an all-around paradise. Welcome to America's black hole. You got in there, now good luck ever affording to get out. We warned you.

My dad, stepmom and brothers moved from W coast FL to suburban Detoilet 15 years ago and haven't regretted it. Me & mine moved from W coast FL up to W MI a few years back and haven't regretted it. In all of our cases, it was worth it.
Where my husband works, they've hired half a dozen n00bs from FL since he started who left for the same reasons (nothing there & too expensive even in "cheap" areas) The most mocked and ribbed state in the country so far this century has been a gold mine for better living. Ignoring Detroit itself, this is actually a pretty well-hidden secret up here, at least in the eyes of us southern transplants.
edit on 12/9/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

We have similar issues of homelessness here for single people.
The state has a strict vulnerability needs based criteria, so if you've got kids you get a roof over your head, same disabled, elderly and severely mentally unwell, psychosis and the like.

Single healthy people, or those with say depression or drug/alcohol issues are # out of luck, aside from local and national charities.
My town has a fantastic charity run homeless hostel with enough beds, but they won't let you in if under the influence (drunk/high)

Even then they still provide hot food, dry blankets, and waterproof foil sheets as an outreach service.
This is not the case all over the UK though, and in some areas, especially rural, it is dire.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

We have similar issues of homelessness here for single people.
The state has a strict vulnerability needs based criteria, so if you've got kids you get a roof over your head, same disabled, elderly and severely mentally unwell, psychosis and the like.

Single healthy people, or those with say depression or drug/alcohol issues are # out of luck, aside from local and national charities.
My town has a fantastic charity run homeless hostel with enough beds, but they won't let you in if under the influence (drunk/high)

Even then they still provide hot food, dry blankets, and waterproof foil sheets as an outreach service.
This is not the case all over the UK though, and in some areas, especially rural, it is dire.

Hey Grain, speaking of how the UK treats it's homeless by comparison, how do local governments over there handle everyday Joes & Josephines feeding them? Florida is notoriously awful to the homeless, Sarasota and Hillsborough counties being among the worst, going so far as to ban and penalize giving someone a simple sandwich. Please tell me you guys are more stand-up than this?
edit on 12/9/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Ah it's not an issue here, and it saddens me when I read what some US cities have done through local ordinances.

The local charities do it here but there's nothing stopping anyone helping a homeless person with food or whatever.
Many people do, myself included.

Begging is illegal but it is only enforced if the person begging is aggressive or threatening.
The police don't enforce it as a night in a warm cell with food and water is preferable to a cold street and they know it.
Being arrested is one of the least scary life events in the UK and fines are paid in instalments.
Generally people arrested for begging get the night in the cell as 'punishment' and the court lets them go.
Pointless fining someone with no money, and it costs a fortune to lock someone up.

But helping homeless people with food or whatever is perfectly legal here.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am not saying the county i live in it is oves you know I am not just making this up from your replys .
Me I am ok as i can be. My son is doing great but two people does not a world make . I have always cared about
the way we treat each other .Africa UK china or here .
When i was young i spent years devising ways that would solve humans problems .(i was young and naive )
When i turn on teh tv I hate the add for poor starving African children (because the DUDE with teh camera is standing
there My god turn around and give teh kid a twinky .
O i understand the scam but the kid he is real . How many will will let die how many Do we kill ?
I am 51 been there maybe they would have messed it all up to we will never know .
20,000 years civilized ha Intelligent what a joke . WE dont need a devil to destroy us if he is real all he has to do is sit back and laugh.
anyway this post it could have been 5000 years agaio if they had teh pc or 5000 from now if they have the pc .
So this county this country this world at this time isnt any thing special no better then yesterday or tommrow .
It is just so heart braking doing this over and over for 20,000 - 50,000 untill till the end of time.
anyway thanks for letting me share wish I could still rage now i just pity . But for a mint .

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Grammar*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join