It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami Alert!! 7.7 Earthquake detected.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Just thought i would post this recent news just in, to try and get a scope with whats happening in any of the areas that might be affected by the news of a possible incoming tsunami, hopefully people heed any warnings and stay safe.
A warning of "widespread, hazardous" tsunami waves has been issued after a powerful earthquake off the Solomon Islands.
Parts of the coasts of the Solomons, Vanuatu, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, New Caledonia, Tuvalu and Kosrae could be affected within hours, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says.
The 7.7 magnitude quake struck at about 70km (43 miles) off the Solomons.
The USGS said it struck at about 17:40 GMT (04:40 Friday local time).
US officials say they are investigating if there is a threat to Hawaii.
According to the warning centre, the waves could hit the areas under the warning in the next three hours.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I like it when I find something just happened, off to the earthquake sites now.
Doom and gloom always makes me happy if it is somewhere else where I do not know anyone.

Oops, I do know someone who could be effected by that tidal wave, now it is now I am not so happy, I should contact my brother in law to see if anything is going on in his area.

edit on 8-12-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

41km deep so that's good that it ain't a shallow one, increases chances of no tsunami

originally posted by: rickymouse
Doom and gloom always makes me happy if it is somewhere else where I do not know anyone.

That is insensitive of you, to take joy from an event that causes others suffering "so long as you don't know any of them"
edit on 12/8/16 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

God damn, the ring of fire seems to have woken back up recently... Stay safe everyone... Living on the west coast, I hate seeing all the activity recently..

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Any possible live streams of the Hawaiian coast?
I'd love to see if I can witness even the slightest of waves

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

41km deep so that's good that it ain't a shallow one, increases chances of no tsunami

originally posted by: rickymouse

That is insensitive of you, to take joy from an event that causes others suffering "so long as you don't know any of them"

If youre here to point out insensitivity, youre not going to get much sleep.

I'll be glad when Nibiru has come and gone.

These frequent 7+ quakes are unnerving.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm seeing a reading of 7.8 right now for the first shake. Even if the change this reading down to 7.7 it's still rather large.

If anyone else is keep tabs. There was also an quake South of Japan 5.0 and off the West coast of US 6.5. The 5.0 was part of the Eruasian Plat and it happened 03:18:11 UTC.

The 7.8 and the 6.5 where both on the Pacific Plate first the 6.5 at 14:49:46 UTC then the 7.8 at 17:38:46 UTC.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a quick google search on earthquakes has revealed to me an alarming amount that have been happening the last couple of days. although how many is a lot, or more than normal.
Maybe someone with more knowledge on this type of thing could give us a better idea...

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just the Earth trying to shake some fleas of her back

(post by Davg80 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 12/8/16 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Quite a few popping off near the 7.8.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I still feel a really big one is coming. 9+

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

What a coincidence as last night I began watching 'Solomon & Sheba'.

Weird how things like that work.

Anyways, I think the Tsunami warning has been lifted.

top topics

join