It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got in from Pennsylvania - Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm here because the browser took me here to try to find out what the continuing noises overhead are. That will probably be my first real post.

For now, I live in Northeastern PA, which I term the "Tennessee of the North." I hate this cold, stupid state but that's the breaks sometimes...

What made me decide to join here is the feel of the place. Too often message boards get taken over by girlie stuff and though female myself I deplore the overuse of CAPS, exclamation marks! and religion. Especially, the religion.

I'm an old dawg, 66, retired. I live alone with 4 marvelous pet rats, rather contented until a developer moved close by; possibly the reason for the continuing noise (since July) overhead. I look forward to coming to this site often: Hey, I've got the time and you have the intelligence.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Cheers!
There are quite a few of Pennsylvanians around ATS. Curious because it sounds like your not indigenous to the state. I'm a transplant myself, live down between the Amish and the Mason Dixon line.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Catsratz

I'm in NEPA as well and I understand your contempt.

No wonder this area went Red this year.

If it doesn't workout might be a new color on town nobody is used too because this place went south quick.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome,i hope you enjoy your time here

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Welcome Catsratz, I hate the cold too, rather have tropical. I hope your pets are content too!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Welcome. I am in Western PA, and have been here just about all my life, so am quite used to the weather by now. As someone else stated, there is a good representation of PA people on here now...welcome to the club and enjoy the reading!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

By "rats" do you mean small dogs, or actual...rats?

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hello and Welcome to MotherShip ATS! Enjoy Your ride!!
Syx...

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
I am from PA also.
I live outside of Reading.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Welcome. Born and raised in the Poconos. Left almost 23 years ago. This place is ok

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Howdy..and welcome! One thing...we ARE NOT A MESSAGE BOARD, or like TWITTER, CRAP-CHAT, FAKE-BOOK etc. We are a wide-far reaching topical discussion board on all topics, news, mysteries and conspiracies.
Plus...you can also get a recipe or two...find out who killed Lincoln...or get info on how to tune-up a 1981 SAAB etc, etc.

ATS is a one-of-a-kind, members only, with a Site owner and moderated by a whole bunch of well versed administrators and moderators. Check out all the FORUMS...open them up...check out the topics...and check out the NEW TOPICS above every time you come on to see what being discussed at the moment.

With over 300,000+ ATS members worldwide in a zillion countries and nationalities...its a W-I-D-E- range of issues everyday. Nice to have you here!

Best, Mysterioustranger

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Welcome.

Just thought I'd check in as another member originally from PA.

For now, I live in Northeastern PA, which I term the "Tennessee of the North."

This ^ I didn't really get. Perhaps you meant this:

Either way, have fun!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Quite amazed to see all the nice replies. Thank you all; it means a lot. I'll fill in a bit more on what was mentioned:

Nope not from PA, originally from New York. Grew up in Amityville, know the name?

Went on to find out it is actually the Southern California (1980s) and Tennessee (1990's) "horror."

Yes, they're genuine rats of the 4-legged variety. Have had them as pets since the early 1980s. Did you know they only live for around two years while a clam, a stupid clam, can live up to 500?

This place sounds really good. I don't use social media (including the plastic cobra that is the telephone and keep it on Silent) so I haven't had much going on. But. Got woke up again around 6:30am this morning by the continuing sky-sounds and hope to check that out real soon. Kind of embarrassing to post on tho, especially for a new person. But I can assure you I'm mentally stable and don't get music from Mars in the dental fillings.

PS Thanks again!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarifications!

Don't be too embarrassed to post anything up that you are interested in or have questions about.

New or otherwise, we are all here to interact, learn and perhaps open our minds to new thoughts and ideas from all over the world.

See ya around!

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay.
We have forums for almost anything from cooking to automotive so have some fun.

See you on the boards.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I live a bit North of Pittsburgh.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
welcome

new topics

top topics

join