It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candy wrapper trail leads police to burglars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is one of those stories that makes you shake your head and just laugh at how stupid people are.

Burglars robbed a house in Guthrie Oklahoma making off with $13,500 in cash,guns , jewelry and a bag of Halloween candy.

They drug a safe through the house and into the woods all the while eating candy and throwing the wrappers on the ground.

You guessed it, police followed the candy wrappers to the safe in the woods and then right to a house where most of the stolen items were recovered.

I am not the smartest guy in the world but people like this make me feel like a frikin genius.

okcfox.com...

GUTHRIE, Okla. (KOKH) — Guthrie police say a trail of candy wrappers lead them to a burglary suspects.

The Guthrie Police Department reports that overnight Nov. 8 a residence in town was burglarized. Police say the suspects stole jewelry, important documents, cash and firearms that were valued at $13,500.

edit on 6-12-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I guess they never read Hansel and Gretel 😁

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's always amazing to me how much effort people put into avoiding an honest days work.

Sweet justice here..lol

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Was it a troupe of seven year olds??

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This story reminds me of an old acquaintance of mine who did a bit of time for doing something similar.
About 20 years ago, he and his accomplice broke into a bottle shop some time after midnight, taking a slab of beer and a couple of bottles of whiskey (I think, from memory).
A few hours later, while they were enjoying the beer, the police knocked on their front door.

BUSTED!

During the breaking, one of the two, I have forgotten which one, cut themselves on the window they entered through.
It was a simple matter of following the blood trail back to the burglar’s home for the police to "catch their man".

Our circle of friends found great amusement at the stupidity of their actions at the time.
Pity though, apart from his tendency to do that sort of thing, he was a pretty cool guy and funny too, just not that bright when it came to getting away with stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hammaraxx
This story reminds me of an old acquaintance of mine who did a bit of time for doing something similar.
About 20 years ago, he and his accomplice broke into a bottle shop some time after midnight, taking a slab of beer and a couple of bottles of whiskey (I think, from memory).
A few hours later, while they were enjoying the beer, the police knocked on their front door.

BUSTED!

During the breaking, one of the two, I have forgotten which one, cut themselves on the window they entered through.
It was a simple matter of following the blood trail back to the burglar’s home for the police to "catch their man".

Our circle of friends found great amusement at the stupidity of their actions at the time.
Pity though, apart from his tendency to do that sort of thing, he was a pretty cool guy and funny too, just not that bright when it came to getting away with stuff.

HAHAHA

Reminded me of a couple of my friends.

When I was in highschool we lived right near Flemington racecourse in Melbourne and for something to do we used to crawl through a fence and go exploring there at night.
On one of our expeditions we discovered a roller door that wasnt closed properly and upon opening it we discovered a massive booze store, this thing looked like the storehouse the Gov put the Ark in at the end of Indiana Jones, after our initail freak out and jubilation we grabbed a few slabs or beer and a crate of Vodka cruisers and run for all we were worth outta there.

Needless to say we were a bit paranoid after that, wed been in there many times but this was the first time wed ever done anything wrong (other than trespassing)
After a few weeks (when the booze ran out) we decided to cautiously go back and see what was up, to our delight the door was still open and it looked like no one was any the wiser.

We made a pact that we wouldnt tell anyone else about our secret and would only take one or 2 cases at a time so as not to arouse any suspicion.
The next 2 months were a wonderful and very boozey time, that changed one Saturday night after coming home from a friends house party, we were all a bit intoxed and decided we wanted to continue drinking, we went to our stash and instead of taking it home we decided to have a couple bevvies there.

At about 3:30 3 of us decided we had enough and left 2 others there, turns out the dumb #s fell asleep and the next day was a race day. At about 7:30 the staff saw my friends sleeping on the floor of the warehouse and called the cops.
No charges were pressed and my mates who got caughts parents were not happy, we were 15-16.

Needless to say after that incident they fixed the door and our magical booze cave was no more.

Good times and I hadnt thought of that in years, thanks for the memory

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

LMFAO. Thank you OP.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Has anybody found out yet what candy they were stuffing into their faces yet?

Morons......

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You couldn't make this stuff up.. Almost as clever as the guy that robbed rare jewellery and put pictures of himself on Facebook posing in it, showing of that he robbed it..

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My ADA friend said it's all the stupid ones in jail.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Well thank god for that. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I recall a story about two geniuses that broke into a convenience store and stole the register. Of course it was winter and fresh snow on the ground. The police followed their tracks right to the apartment door.

Good thread as I am sure there are tons of stories of brilliant criminals. I always said watching cops that if you are stupid enough to be caught by police toting a production crew around then you are an idiot.

Also here in my state of Florida there are usually signs in convenience stores that robbing them is a 14 years prison sentence upon conviction. Or at least there were 30 years ago. So, these brilliant jokers rob the store for $21 and spend the next 14 years in prison for what they could of made in less that 3 hours at a minimum wage job or simple side job.

Yes I know. I am always embarrassed by the morons here that make national news every other day.

edit on 6/12/16 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

I would say that the average level of school completion in jail is 6th grade. I was in there for a...ahem...traffic violation. These people were literally asking me to write letters to girlfriends or judges etc. because they couldn't read or write. Very sad.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The house was protected by the tooth fairy protection agency. They come in and put candy in dishes all over the place.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I still really want to know what kind of candy

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
it is truely amazing the self incriminating idiocy people will post on line

on of my favourites was a farcebook post of a car " parked " in the middle of a lawn with obvious collision damage and the caption :

" driving home drunk was a bad idea "

onfortunatly - the police were unable to prosecute for deunk driving - but did get convictions for all the vehicles damaged on the way - plus " failure to report a collision " and " leaving the scene " - times several

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: FlyingFox

I would say that the average level of school completion in jail is 6th grade. I was in there for a...ahem...traffic violation. These people were literally asking me to write letters to girlfriends or judges etc. because they couldn't read or write. Very sad.

I did some official forms for the Hispanics. Partied with the Islamists and read the Koran....laughed so hard I thought I was going to die during "Racist Joke Night" with the blacks.

We were eating cookies, and laughing....it was terrible.

top topics

join