It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to nix new Air Force One planes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Every time Trump throws out some simplistic and uneducated tweet, I just cringe. The guy has absolutely no clue. he'll have about as much ease in cancelling that order as he will have trying to build his wall that, in reality and in a perfect situation of multi year funding, land acquisition, and contracting, won't have broken ground before he leaves office, and which will make one order for new AF1's look like penny candy.

Just a typical Trump game play to his base.

I expect him to throw out these baseless attention getters regularly.

I wonder who he told ahead of time that he was going to send out such a Tweet. After he sent that Tweet Boeing's stock dropped over half a point. Follow the money to see who gained financially by shorting Boeing's stock.

I don't think he tells anybody anything before he does this stuff.

His arrogance is showing.

You can be sure whoever it is - - it benefits Trump.

I honestly think he wants them to fix up his own plane.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Between the Secret Service and the Air Force they're going to be hard pressed to do it. He'd have to install military grade equipment on board, and have military crews flying it. Not to mention a 757 won't work for all the communications equipment, and some of the other gear they need to have on board.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
These Trump bashers are unreal. Trump could walk on water, heal the sick and turn water into wine, and they will say he can't swim, puts doctors out of work and is an alcoholic.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well this is interesting, I though accross the pond actually believe Air Force One, both plane's, is actually a decoy and that the DUMB's are a reality, I also believe there IS a vacuum high speed magnetic rail network down there as well and that this is the REAL escape route of any president ( or at least the shadow government in which case the president himself is the decoy on there behalf ).

Let's look at why such a network WOULD be real and seen as essential, high speed train's able to travel faster than most air craft along magnetic levitation tube's at reduced pressure or in a virtual vacuum.
* Rapid military redeployment in case of nuclear/biological/chemical attack of selected forces whom would pop up like Gofers in there desired location as well as secure and nearly invulnerable resupply line's.
* Safe-Secret and totally Guarded Transit for VIP's.
* Access to safe fall back location's and also a total military controlled infrastructure with potential hydoponic's and extreme long term habitation ability including munition's manufacturing as well as full ability to resist surface attacks no matter how severe.

So even with these three point's alone (And there are more) it make's sense that at least some part of such a network would have been built, if it is as extensive as has been claimed by many (with underwater submarine base and other naval capability, hidden underground air field capability, large underground habitation and even domestic equiped bases with all the comfort of the above ground old fashioned public viewable bases etc or even nearly so large then the Air Force one other than a rapid escape route form location's without access to these other avenue's of safe escape to fully equiped C&C capable safe location's the Air Force one is best seen as a Decoy C&C flying target.

So has Trump been briefed on better alternative arrangement's, if so then there will still have to be an AF1 but it will probably be smaller, cheaper and faster in order to facilitate it's role as a decoy more effectively.

edit on 6-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You know, if there wasn't so much rampant waste, I would not have an issue, maybe Ill point out the price being a bit high, but considering all the important and relevant technologies, it is something that is most likely needed.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Link to such accusations? I'd love to see if that were true or even suggested. Or is it nice back scratching going on here

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Probably, and there are a few good things I can see with that plan.
He can use the existing AF1 and its backup until his plane is retrofit and if his plane ever goes down, we can be certain that it will be found considering how much gold he has decorated it with. I know, it is mostly gold plating or gold leaf but I'm sure people will be have the incentive to look for it.

I actually think it could be a good idea to save some $, perhaps redirect it to the human side of government like education and infrastructure.

Why do they need new planes that often, I could guess that these planes take on less mileage than a commercial plane of the same kind so I would expect a level of longevity that should surpass an election cycle or two.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I wonder if he is then going to turn around and just have them modify his private jet.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Probably, and there are a few good things I can see with that plan.
He can use the existing AF1 and its backup until his plane is retrofit and if his plane ever goes down, we can be certain that it will be found considering how much gold he has decorated it with. I know, it is mostly gold plating or gold leaf but I'm sure people will be have the incentive to look for it.

I actually think it could be a good idea to save some $, perhaps redirect it to the human side of government like education and infrastructure.

Why do they need new planes that often, I could guess that these planes take on less mileage than a commercial plane of the same kind so I would expect a level of longevity that should surpass an election cycle or two.

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I wonder if he is then going to turn around and just have them modify his private jet.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How many AF-1 planes are there at any time? i'd imagine you'll always have one in for repairs, one for staff training on etc. Probably with all the expensive kit each bird needs to be able to just fulfill the task i'd of said 4 billion including all the staffing and perhaps refueling costs etc aint too bad.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Awesome. There is need but folks this is how things get done in the real world of business not politics. This is a job that has to be done so why not have someone bargain for it?

Political Way - Ok, who of my friends can make the most of a large contract?
Business - No....try again.

So, which one do you think is better for the US taxpayer?

This is an expense that HAS to be done so this is the first step in negotiations. It is not arrogance. It is brilliance and what our country needs.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Because the current VC-25s are based on the 747-200. There are none left in passenger use, and something like 15 left in cargo use. That means getting parts for them is getting harder and will continue to get harder, until there are none left.
edit on 12/6/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Air Force One is a bit of a misnomer. Any plane the president flies on is Air Force One. There are two aircraft at any given time that are the primary aircraft used by the President, but they can be used to fly anyone around.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop

Since both current VC-25 have been in operation for over 20 years, I'd suspect their longevity has surpassed more than a few election cycles.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So Boeing knows they have thumb under their thumb so looks like they could charge what they would want. Another old business tactic. When really needed and desperate jack the price.

Do you think he could try to open it for bids again or is this an exclusive contract with Boeing?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They can try, but with the requirements of the RFP only Boeing and Airbus make aircraft that fit the requirements. The only two aircraft that meet the requirements are the 747 and the A380, and Airbus has already said they won't offer the 380 for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

How about a 3rd party who would transform the Boeing plane to specs? Could this be made a DOD project to bid out to 3rd party customizers?

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That's sort of how they do it. There are only a few places that do work that have the security requirements to work on the aircraft that are non-military/non-Boeing. But if they can find someone that meets the security then that's one option. Boeing completes the work and equipment installation, and the third party builds and installs the interior.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I knew there was multiple planes...its pretty obvious but i didn't know how many planes that are what are considered the normal AF-1

Only 2 does sound a bit of a problem in an emergency you have one in the garage and suddenly the other one won't fire up for whatever reason and EEEEKKKKKKKK but i'm sure the secret service has many options that are not spoken about.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

It actually happens that one is in heavy maintenance about every year or two, so they have multiple aircraft that travel as backup aircraft for the one that isn't in maintenance. The two VC-25s are part of the 89th Airlift Wing at Andrews. The 89th also has 8 C-32s, based on the 757, as well as C-37s and C-40s that could be used in a pinch. Lately they've also been flying the E-4B to an alternate airfield as an emergency aircraft as well.
edit on 12/6/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just another example of Trump not knowing what he's talking about.

The planes have already been ordered and hundreds of millions have already been spent. On top of that, the old planes are reaching their end-of-life and are becoming more and more expensive to maintain and operate. This is why Trump continually goes bankrupt, rather than spending a little extra on something that will reduce costs in the long-term he'll waste a whole bunch of money and call it savings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join