It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn State finally climbs out of the dungeon!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
ATS being the closest thing to 'social media' I partake in, I feel the need to express my joy for PSU's win in the big ten conference championship.
As a local my entire life, albeit a year here and there, I'm overjoyed and proud for the program.

Growing up, I went to every home game. These games hold the fondest memories I have for my father. I'll never forget his teachings of sportsmanship, comradery and above all, the faith/pride you must have in the place you come from.

After Penn State suffered through such disgrace and embarrassment due to one single man, it is such a delight to see a group of young men stick with the program and rise above all.

Knocking off number 2 Ohio state. Overcoming a 21 point deficit in the final against Wisconsin!?! You cannot write this, even in a "Friday night lights" scenario.

A true Cinderella story has emerged this year. If you've been watching, you know what I'm talkin 'bout!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
ATS being the closest thing to 'social media' I partake in, I feel the need to express my joy for PSU's win in the big ten conference championship.
As a local my entire life, albeit a year here and there, I'm overjoyed and proud for the program.

Growing up, I went to every home game. These games hold the fondest memories I have for my father. I'll never forget his teachings of sportsmanship, comradery and above all, the faith/pride you must have in the place you come from.

After Penn State suffered through such disgrace and embarrassment due to one single man, it is such a delight to see a group of young men stick with the program and rise above all.

Knocking off number 2 Ohio state. Overcoming a 21 point deficit in the final against Wisconsin!?! You cannot write this, even in a "Friday night lights" scenario.

A true Cinderella story has emerged this year. If you've been watching, you know what I'm talkin 'bout!

Sorry but ... this is not a world sport!

Now then, I assume that Penn State is a team.

I can assume they play a sport!

And they seem to have been in the dog house.

Why did you put it in World Sport?

What? Gridion, basket ball, the one with the stick and the ball, like diamond cricket.

P

ETA. Glad you are happy. Stay happy, it is a nice frame of mind.
edit on 3/12/2016 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Congrats! It's good to see them making a comeback after the whole Sandusky scandal. My favorite NFL team drafted one of your boys, Hackenberg in this past draft. He showed some promise in college. Hopefully that transfers to the pros, as we have a sticky situation at QB at present. Anyway, soak it up and enjoy!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am with you!!! Great to see the Nittany Lions roaring again!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Sorry but ... this is not a world sport!

Now then, I assume that Penn State is a team.

I can assume they play a sport!

And they seem to have been in the dog house.

Why did you put it in World Sport?

What? Gridion, basket ball, the one with the stick and the ball, like diamond cricket.

P

ETA. Glad you are happy. Stay happy, it is a nice frame of mind.

Wait, the United States is part of the world correct? Then chill out. Let the man enjoy his moment of glory!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hey, maybe you're right.

However, my reason for posting in world sports is because no matter your origin, your favorite sport/team there is hope! No matter how dim things may look.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

You may wish to look at your statement. Your logic is terrible.

Lol, 6 posts and I still don't know what sport it is.

You could at least tell me that

P

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I also hope hackenburg produces a positive result. No doubt he has the making of a great NFL QB. Needs proper guidance though...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The sport is United States college football. The football with helmets and pads.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Congrats for the success on the field (I won't address the rest) I follow College football. I'm an LSU fan.

If I was voting for playoff teams:
Alabama
Clemson
Washington
Penn State

I think they value Conference Championships way more than the media suspects. I hope I'm right. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I also hope hackenburg produces a positive result. No doubt he has the making of a great NFL QB. Needs proper guidance though...

I agree. It's too bad we have a coach who doesn't seem to favor youth. I mean why would you not give the kid a chance when Geno and Fitzpatrick have already proven they can't win football games. I think in 5 years Hackenberg will be a star, I'm just afraid it may not be with the Jets. I hope Penn State is in the college football playoffs. How wild would it be to see them upset Bama?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

If I was voting for playoff teams:
Alabama
Clemson
Washington
Penn State

I think they value Conference Championships way more than the media suspects. I hope I'm right. Good luck!

I hope your right too...

Unfortunately they' had already crowned Ohio State and Michigan , (and with travel being such a big factor , I'd question Michigan's schedule , they didn't even leave their state to play anyone of significance until their 10th game and they promptly lost it)

there's nothing wrong with Rose Bowl though...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KEACHI

I agree totally with your top 4 assessment. Penn state deserves that 4 spot. It is a truly legendary program on so many levels.

Do I think they can beat bama? Nope. I've Always been a realist. But they deserve a shot at the championship regardless.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Unless they give Penn State the 4 spot at Ohio State's expense, I don't see it happening... they had an in state loss to rival Pitt...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Time for a 6 team playoff

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
No way penn state deserves a playoff spot.

The best four teams are.

Alabama
Ohio state
Michigan
USC "Yes southern cal"

But the playoffs will be.

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio state
Washington

Championship game is Alabama vs Ohio state.
Bama national champs.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
That was a great game last night. Wisconsin dominated the first part of the game only to have Penn roll over them in 2nd half. The look of disappointment on the Badgers faces at the end of the game said it all.

top topics

join