It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice of Warning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A member of the forum staff, XXXXXXX, has sent you a warning regarding your activity on the thread titled,
Is Pizzagate an actual "thing" or is it limited to ATS & a few other sites. Your have been warned 1 times.
Warnings are recorded, and each individual warning expires in three days (72 hours) from the time it was applied.
If forum staff continue to warn you and you gain 5 or more warnings, a temporary posting ban will be enforced automatically.

Individual warnings carry a points penalty of 500 points which have been deducted from your board total.
Do not reply to this U2U.

It says not to respond, I don't know what caused the warning so I don't know how not to get another?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Send a u2u to XXXXXXX, asking why you got the warning.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Just ask the mod who sent the warning? You know, XXXXXXX?

Just politely ask him/her for more details so that you may avoid repeating the same thing in the future?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It said not to?
I guess I thought that would be responding as i am told not to do. I will give it a shot!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Good luck, I've been waiting about 2-3 weeks for answer.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

No, it says not to reply to the message. If you click "reply" to the message, you'll be sending a message to the whole staff. But sending a message to a specific mod and ask him for more info is totally cool.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You need to write to the person separately. Responding direct to the message won't work.

P.S. You had a post removed. Remembering what that one was might answer your question.

edit on 2-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That means not to respond directly to that message. It doesn't mean you can't send a separate message. The mods are usually happy to explain the reasons on warnings, post removals, thread removals, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

did you perhaps write something that violated the T&C of the site.
i have got a couple of those warnings.

could have been a description you gave of activity or like something like that.
i looked at your posts in that thread, and it didn't seem you were dissin another member, so that has just about had to be it.

edit on 2-12-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Your thoughts do not conform, you will be assimilated or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I'll take the "or else". If I'm lucky there'll be ice cream involved. Or joining the Q continuum.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You need to write to the person separately. Responding direct to the message won't work.

P.S. You had a post removed. Remembering what that one was might answer your question.

That is the problem I am like "what did I say"! can't remember what was removed.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I'll take the "or else". If I'm lucky there'll be ice cream involved. Or joining the Q continuum.

Ice cream can be a pain in the ass too. Especially when applied in gallon buckets at once.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The mod will remember. I think every mods have logs for every actions they do, for record keeping.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

did you perhaps write something that violated the T&C of the site.
i have got a couple of those warnings.

could have been a description you gave of activity or like something like that.
i looked at your posts in that thread, and it didn't seem you were dissin another member, so that has just about had to be it.

Well what they said I guess, i do feel pretty strong about the subject and I actually feel hurt that anyone defends such so maybe I said something I shouldn't of, not sure I try to think before my fingers react but well...These things never seem even but I guess it is all our point of view on what's fair.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah and what do the 500 points come out of?

lol. Where is the total points?

Just ask the mod politely.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Thanks to my neurotic participation during the 2016 US elections, I'm pretty sure my points are below 0 for sure...I'd like to know is it possible to have negative points as well

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It said not to?
I guess I thought that would be responding as i am told not to do. I will give it a shot!

It means don't reply to the U2U that you received. But you can contact the mod directly and ask what you did so you can avoid repeating it. I had that happen to me once and did not know what I did that was wrong and the mod was happy to let me know what it was. Just ask them. The mods here are usually great.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

These "points" are old remnants of when ATS had points which you could trade to buy ATS hat and stuff.

They also give you 500 "points" when you get an applause.

I wonder where points are being displayed. I doubt they're memorised at all in the first place...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
These "points" are old remnants of when ATS had points which you could trade to buy ATS hat and stuff.

See my mini-profile background colour? Cost me 200 points. Worth every penny (the lettering was unreadable against the default background of the time).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join