It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year Old Son Wants A US Made Knife For Christmas--Tactical-Survival-Around 50$ What You Got?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
My son has requested a tactical-survival knife for Christmas. I don't have an issue with the whole weapon thing. We live in a rural area and he loves shooting mainly and old Mosin Nagant, and an AK.

Let me say that our family has discussed at length about how a lot of the goods we purchase are made, and by who and who is the winner in this global market. He is definitely an informed consumer. Enough politics.

So, Ontario Knife Company 499 Air Force Survival 6150 looks like a nice knife.

Mora seems nice, but he of course wants the aggressive look like the Ontario.

What other choices do I have?

Thanks and Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Seasonal

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I know you asked about knives but I thought I would mention that a good quality hand axe with a hammer head is a very useful tool to learn how to use and care for. Are there any outdoor survival classes operating in your area that you could afford to take your son to? Don't get me wrong knives, are useful particularly if they are part of a multi-tool set but I know that young lads tend to like the idea of big scary looking pigsticker. The trouble is those type of "Rambo" knives tend to have only one use and are often poor quality.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I will look at the hand ax/hammer. And your right, he saw the movie Rambo, and that is what helped to spur the interest. He did get a victorinox multi tool, and he actually has taken care of it.
We will see what he thinks of the ax, thanks for the response.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
KA-BAR. Made in the US, great product line, great history.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fallkniven f1 is one of the best survial knifes for the price. Standard issue to swedish airforce. Its really high quality can be used for all kinds of bushcraft. Its full tang and its hard and nails. Agree with cutural that a hand axe is an even more useful tool.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

As a knife collector I would love to recommend a knife for your son. The problem is in the 50 dollar range for a decent American Made Knife..

This knife here : KBAR is what I would call a GREAT first knife. It is an American Company but the knife is made over seas..

If you are willing to go a little more, any of the Becker BKs are fantastic survival knives.. Becker

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would suggest a Kephart design, but you won't touch one of those for less that 150 bucks.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Greetings-

I know You typed inquiring about knives but I thought I'd mention a nice 5 rotor ceiling fan.. hahaha I'm kidding but reading that reminds Me of the bass fishing site I visit. The guy will ask about a certain boat and the first 15 responses are pushing which brand boat they have, it's great reading...

I found these links:

www.budk.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Your right, nice knives, added to the list of possibles. Thank you

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Kershaw video. Kershaw Knives are made in Oregon.

www.youtube.com...

There is a US Marines knife like the Ontario for $12.99 So enough $$ left over for that ceiling fan..

www.budk.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MrFuzzy

Nice knife, but wow, 160$. He may lose this knife, so I got to stick to a cheaper knife, thank you for the response though.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I'm a computer neophyte so it was just the same link?? That US Marines Knife is pretty sweet for $12.99.
The Kershaw in the video is $49.99...

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I will let my son look over the site, then wipe the drool off the screen. Thanks for the response

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A 14 year old heh. I tell you what kick his ASS and sit him down for some good old EDUCATION not how to be a mini- rambo. Teach him how to become a productive member of the society you live in. Jesus wept, no wonder the US if full of psychos. Now I suppose you're actually gonna buy him one. You people need your heads looking at giving a 14 year old knives and guns.
edit on 2-12-2016 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I respect your opinion, but disagree.

Trust in the fact that he has been taught how to treat "nice" kids his age. But more importantly, he has been taught how to deal with not "nice" kids.

I make no excuses for the bad in this world, I simply respond to it.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Fair enough. keep up the good work.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Check out Cold steel company. I have several of their knives. They also make swords

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Smith and Wesson makes some nice tactical knifes. Most are very affordable.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Or use it as a tool to teach him how to respect weapons. Much better than making it something taboo, and his desire for a knife becomes a rebellious desire.

I'm from the South. Kids around here even younger than 14 have their own firearms. I don't see a thing wrong with it if they're being taught properly.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Agree with you, respect for the weapon, and stiff penalty when the weapon isn't respected. And this started with the red rider BB gun.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join