It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Makes Secret Deal for 2,500 Refugees from Terrorism Hotspots

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Anyone else remember that OSU incident that JUST took place?
Because it was a Somali Muslim refugee.

Right. I bet he was "vetted" by this admin too.

cool.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
It actually makes sense if you watch how Obama's administration is acting. Bring them in now to attack on Trump's watch and then say he couldn't make us safe.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
It actually makes sense if you watch how Obama's administration is acting. Bring them in now to attack on Trump's watch and then say he couldn't make us safe.

No. That doesn't make sense.

How has Obama or his administration been "acting" that would push you to create such an absurd conspiracy?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yes.Hope,change and"Transparancy"till the end.Dont let the door hit you in your lying ass on your way out"mr."president".
And still some people don't realize this would have been ten times worse had hilliary won.Smh..

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Do you remember how foolish last ditch Dubya supporters looked? What an odd lot they appeared to be, especially around these parts.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I always wondered why the increase of Muslim Syrian refugees, but ignoring the Christian minorities that are in the worst situation as refugees, to me refugees from Syria that are not Muslim are in more danger than their Muslim counterpart from ISIS and any terrorist group.

US have a pact on how many refugees it takes annually from other countries, I hope that under Trump they take more aim to minorities that are in extreme danger for their religious believes.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

edit on 2-12-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Officials, however, did confirm countries of origin to be Iran, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq and Sudan, as well as some deemed “stateless.”

All countries currently under subjugation, outright occupied or on the US hit list.

Remember the US school in Afghanistan that got hit?

The university opened for enrollment in 2006 to both men and women, and quickly became a prestigious education choice for some of Afghanistan’s elites, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees taught in English.

It was praised by senior American officials as a sign of Afghanistan’s bright future, and as such was an obvious symbol of Western ambitions for the country — and exactly the kind of symbol the Taliban and other militants have come to pursue as targets.

NY Times

Emphasis added

So maybe these are going to be 'home schooled' and returned to their country of origin as political operatives, (fifth columnists) insurgents, what have you.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

i'm more in line with thinking these select 'refugees' are 'Political' rather than Jihad fixated terrorists being farmed in to secret compounds of combat aged Muslims... or even 'economic' migrants just getting out of a war zone

the big question was why did the 2,500 get refused at all... Australia did a quick About-Face on accepting these people, why?

did the public outcry from citizens cause the reversal...if so, then the present WH is conducting itself as Dictatorship by not hearing the obvious backlash of the American voters who voted NO to open borders/ a sanitized counter-terrorism agency with 'Radical Islam' purged from the training protocols...

the secretive 2,500 package is a 'game changer'... the 'Stateless' individuals are what, Gypsies ?? or perhaps Palestinians ?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Obama is blatantly going against the will of the American citizens. We just voted in a president with one of his top priorities to start enforcing immigration laws and actually protect citizens instead of putting them in danger. So what does Obama do, makes a secret deal behind the citizens and congress backs to bring in potentially very dangerous refugees. I thought this was pretty telling of how Obama conducts business.

Deaths from terrorism increased 80 percent last year to an all-time-record of 32,658 people killed, compared to 18,111 in 2013. The number is up about 426 percent from the 7,654 killed by terrorists in 2008 under President Bush

Terrorism Deaths Quadruple Under Obama

The sad part is this article was written a year ago, so those numbers have continued to increase at an exponential rate. So to put it lightly Obama is a traitor soft-skinned scumbag that has done nothing but bring hard times and radicalization throughout our country and world.

ETA: Obama and the Bush administrations own all the terrorist attacks that has/will happen regarding ISIS and Al Qaeda. Their extremism is a direct reflection of the terrible foreign policy pushed by both of those administrations.
edit on 2-12-2016 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

No knowing bring plenty of speculation, to me I say they are informants.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm sorry, tell me again what good "vetting" is going to do with people who excel at lying and/or covering true motives?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

IF HISTORY IS A LESSON... when out in Phoenix, I worked at the Allied Signal, jet engine building plants & one friend I made there was a former Cambodian Colonel ( mr. O) who fought with the "USA" during the Vietnam era..

now, out in Scottsdale AZ, a pretty upscale neighborhood there was a whole street or two that had relocated SE Asians from Laos, Cambodia etc. who were fortunate to not have been genocided by the N Vietnamese when the USA gave up their military target of the decade

back in 1995, the now mostly naturalized, past refugees, still had government sponsers & advocates, and their children were well versed in American speech & culture and patriotic too (his son in military)

these are the immigrants, like myself, that are welcome...because they assimilate & not burn down buildings in anger to not enough free living/handouts like the Syrian combat age Muslim men insist they are due.
edit on nd31148070252702152016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

You have to give this bastard credit. He is trying to destroy America right to the end of his term. At least he is consistent.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Remember when Obama ran on the transparent government platform. Well just one more lie.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
If these people are indeed high risk and have been rejected from Australia previously.

The reason they have been rejected by Australia is the current Australian government very good policy of not letting in illegals who paid people smugglers to just come here on a boat with people smugglers. However under the previous labor (roughly equivalent to the democrats) governments "open door, red carpet" policy when had 50,000+ illegals just turn up, and over 1,000 drown. They would board a boat from mostly Indonesia, then as soon as they were in international waters radio/phone for help, to be picked up by the Australian Navy. They even sabotaged their own boats to ensure they were picked up.
en.wikipedia.org...
here is the policy
en.wikipedia.org...

Due to Australia's location these illegals have traveled halfway around the world, bypassing many countries as they want to come to Australia and our generous welfare payments.

The illegals are not happy on not reaching Australia, so like to riot in the centres.

On 19 July 2013 a riot occurred at the detention centre and caused $60 million damage. Police and guards had rocks and sticks thrown at them. Four people were hospitalised, though their injuries were minor.[36] Other people were treated for bruising and cuts.[37] The riot began at 3 pm when the detainees staged a protest.[38] Up to 200 detainees escaped and about 60[39] were held overnight at the island's police station.[40] Several vehicles[41] and buildings including accommodation blocks for up to 600 people, offices, dining room, and the health centre were destroyed by fire. This is about 80 percent of the centre's buildings.[36][39] 129 of 545 male detainees were identified as being involved in the rioting and were detained in the police watch house.[36]

Protests There have been several protests staged over conditions at the Christmas Island centre. In 2011, more than 250 detainees hurled rocks at staff and set fire to the accommodation block causing a lot of dollars' worth of damage. They were subdued by tear gas and bean bag rounds, one of the first times bean bag bullets have been used in Australia. The protest was against the conditions and length of time people are held there.[9] In early 2012, about 375 detainees went on a hunger strike, seven stitching their lips together as a cry for freedom and a sign of solidarity for Iranian asylum seeker Reza Barati.[10] Further unrest occurred in 2014 after mothers concerned about the living conditions at Construction Camp for their babies, had a meeting with immigration officials. The mothers were reportedly told "You will never be settled in Australia. You will be going to Nauru or Manus Island and that's the end of the story."[11] Following this message it was reported that the mothers started screaming and threatened to set fire to the camp and were arrested.[12] DIBP confirmed that following this arrest seven individuals made threats of self-harm and four committed self-harm. Ten mothers were placed on "guided supportive and monitoring engagement" under the PSP, requiring 24-hour surveillance by a Serco officer.[13] On 9 November 2015, a riot began at the centre after the death of an asylum seeker.[14] The man escaped the centre and was found at the bottom of a cliff. Those involved in the rioting included criminals facing deportation.[15] Damage to the centre may be as high as $10 million. Detainees involved were flown to Perth and placed in a maximum security prison.[16]

edit on 2-12-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump didn't even get the most votes this election so stop with the will of the people bs.

Also you are blaming Obama/Bush for all the world deaths caused by terrorism? WTF? If you had used regions the US is currently meddling in I would agree with you. Not every terrorist act is the fault of US policy.

PS: you might want to stop using state media as a source Breitbart is now in bed with the next president.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I was thinking they may be interviewees for prospective sons-in-law, especially since his daughters are past prime marrying age.

(Sorry, that was a little low....)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the big question was why did the 2,500 get refused at all... Australia did a quick About-Face on accepting these people, why?

The previous labor (similar to democrat ) government had a "open door, red carpet" policy towards illegals just arriving here by boat, so they arrived here in the 10's of thousands by paying people smugglers. The current government has a very good policy that stops them arriving here.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Trump didn't even get the most votes this election so stop with the will of the people bs.

If you add together *ALL* of the popular vote totals in 49 out of 50 states (except CA), Trump wins the popular vote. And that includes NY where Hillary had a lot more votes than Trump. He still beat Clinton.

If 49 out of 50 states isn't the will of the people, I'd like to smoke some of what you're smoking.

49 out of 50. That's 98% of the US.

I know, those damn pesky facts.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join