It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

As one who has enjoyed your work for years I have only this to say...

You'll always be welcome here, so far as I'm concerned, as Djarums commented above.

Ignore the little weasel, and continue on with your work. It's valuable, and you yourself are a pearl beyond price.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: kosmicjack

This is more akin to blackmail , unfortunately there is no right to internet anonymity in US law.

The Internet has popularized the use of anonymous online identities. For privacy purposes when communicating with strangers, using public message boards, or in Internet gaming, many people avoid using their legal name and instead choose aliases. Advocates of online privacy such as the American Civil Liberties Union strongly back protections for this anonymity. Publishing anonymously has a long tradition at common law, but anonymity is not guaranteed by statute.

Legal battles over anonymity have become increasingly common since the late-1990s. In particular, companies have sought to discover the identities of their online critics by issuing subpoenas to force their disclosure. Civil liberties advocates have argued that the threat of legal action by powerful plaintiffs can stifle online speech, which, they say, depends upon anonymity. Opponents have regarded anonymity as merely cover for defamation and libel.
internetlaw.uslegal.com...

Umm If Isaac has th e proof that Mr roe sent him this threat Yes he can do something. It can then be easily proven to be Co ersion. It can also be argued that his work depends on being anonymous and as such would reduce or destroy his income.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What a miserable human.

Hope he isn't able to achieve what he wants Issac.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
very upsetting and misarable indeed. all the best to isaac koi.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My thoughts go out to you, Isaac. I hope you come to a conclusion that makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Perhaps Issac can go on using another screen name? I dunno. It's a sad day indeed for this to come about...

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

What a sad story this is and I really can't think of any good reason why anyone would not respect your wish to remain anonymous. As if there weren't already enough challenges for the field of Ufology, it would seem that fighting eachother is the last thing we need.

I really enjoyed your many posts and threads and I'm sure the material you presented will keep me, and many others on here, busy for ages to come. Chapeau for all the precious hours, days and years you dedicated to the field of Ufology.

Here's to hoping that Ted won't disclose anything against your will and that ATS may one day continue to benefit from your passionate contributions.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So who the f
k is Ted Roe?

Issac has been very dilligent in his research, perhaps too much so?
And since when has Ufology been taken seriously by da gubmint or any 'establishment'?

The whole field of ufology (sadly) has been misrepresented, misused, and misunderstood by a lot of peeps.

Also sadly i have not yet been able to download files from his site, still working on that one.
But i will, and we will all continue to do dilligent research, and try to uncover the facts.

Issac, be safe dude
edit on 2-12-2016 by playswithmachines because: typo's

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh hell to the no. Just no. I have been nothing short of awestruck by the amazing work Isaac has done. He is brilliant. And he is one of our own. I don't know what we can do about this, but if you guys come up with something, count me in.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
I'm truly deeply touched by the comments in this thread.

By the way, after I informed some friends last night that I was leaving ufology due to concern that Ted Roe appeared to be saying that he would publish my photo and/or name despite my long-standing desire to participate in ufology under a pseudonym, Ted Roe posted this about it on Facebook:

www.facebook.com...

I wish you each of you the very best in your research in this field.

Goodbye.

*sigh of relief*

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Can you clarify, are you relieved that Isaac Koi is leaving UFOlogy?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

nonnononoononoo
im relived that ted roe apears to have calmed

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Where did you see his has calmed down?

Quite the contrary.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I do not understand Mr. Roe's motives if this is true. Whatever is going on here I wish Isaac all the best, as he would often say, in his endeavours in the future.

Personally I choose not to mix with 'UFO people' in real life for a number of reasons. But Isaac has worked with a number of people to make UFO related literature and other resources 'freely' available to us all. Especially with the guys at afu.se who have continued to digitize and expand their online library : www.afu.se...

They are a fantastic online resource for anyone interested in the topic from the casual browser to the dedicated researcher. I have used them myself on a number of occasions.

Isaac was also a member of the team who revealed the hoax that was the "Roswell Slides" last year and he also successfully put paid to the 'flavour of the month' explanation for the Kecksburg UFO of Dec 1965. before 2016 was out. He has always acted with dignity and decorum on this forum.

Hopefully its still worst case scenario at the moment. But if this is truly your last day in the field of ufology then I bid you farewell Sir Isaac. Thanks for everything.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This just doesn't make any sense.

Nobody walks away from their passion. I'm thinking that Isaac "Coy" is a lot smarter and more resilient than some of us think. To just throw in the towel, especially after investing so much of one's life to the cause is senseless.

I expect him to rise from the ashes under a new pseudonym after letting everyone believe that he is "leaving" Ufology for good. It's like starving a fish of water and still expecting it to live happily. Not possible...

I certainly wish this to be the case and hopefully after the dust settles, we'll all be able to recognize him in his new form. He'll have to reference the works of Isaac Koi rather than take credit for them in the future.

edit on 2-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

then forget i said that

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If Isaac leaves the field, there is absolutely nobody left to listen to.

Harte

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

missile launching time?

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

says the lady that believes the sky is fake
*facepalm*

new topics

top topics