It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the hate take over?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

What's this "call out everyone" thing? All you needed to do was show one or two examples of trump supporters being hateful and one or two examples of liberals being hateful. The message would have been clear. We all need to put aside our hate and remember we are humans. Instead you just post the liberals being assholes side which really only goes to fuel additional hatred through a misunderstanding of your message.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I've asked repeatedly for people to post examples!!! Instead you keep slamming me proving my point!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

See. This is what I'm talking about. I'm actually just trying to have a conversation with you. Sure it is along the critical kind, but I'm just trying to offer some constructive criticism so you could write a better thread that reaches more people with your message. I'm certainly not "slamming" you. I also told you earlier in the thread how you can go look these examples up yourself. Is me not posting these examples suddenly proof that they don't happen or something? Do you need me to run out and type "Trump supporters being racist/violent" into Youtube and post the results before you'll believe it is happening or something? I was hoping you were a big boy too and wouldn't need such petty validation and just accept that you were wrong and admit as such. Instead you are lashing out at me now. And you wonder why people are so hateful of each other...
edit on 2-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I've asked repeatedly for people to post examples!!! Instead you keep slamming me proving my point!

Its not up to us to prove you meant well

edit on 12/2/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 12/2/2016 by Martin75 because: Shouldn't be forced to do what I don't want...

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: gunshooter

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: gunshooter

Maybe you shouldn't overreact when you read something. You could ask for a clarification before assuming you know intent in written word.

But that comes back to part of the OP's point.

You make a semi-valid point, or you could put (sarcasm) behind the post so people know, and this is a pretty hot subject right now, maybe sarcasm isn't the best course of action when people are actually losing their living situation, just a thought. It goes both ways ya know....
Then again, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit......
But that comes back to part of the OP's point, right??????????????????

Also to add, maybe you shouldn't write dumb needless things that take up space on this site?

Really hate to admit you're wrong don't ya?
Questioning peoples intelligence does come back to the OP's point.
If you would take my previous post in context you might realize that the sarcasm was not directed at the people losing their homes. It was directed at the people chearing the destruction of those homes.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but where in here exactly am I wrong. You're the one using up ATS space to post stupid sarcastic comments that have no place, and show your true non intelligence, and not clarify it. It is your responsibility if you are going to post idiotic sarcasm to communicate that to the people, not mine to realize you're doing it. You're being that guy, and no one likes that guy, so quit being that guy.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
People think bad mean things and now you get to read what they think on internet

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The modern left has gone so far off the deep end over the last several years. It feels like the people they truly are has finally been revealed. BLM, Trump "protests", trying to shut down speeches on college campuses, "AntiFa" attacks, and the list goes on.

The left should no longer be called "liberal" as there is absolutely nothing liberal about the movement. The term "Progressive" also no longer applies. They have gotten so wrapped up in the propaganda, that they are totally blind to their behavior and actions. They play directly into the hands of the elite ruling class, and are pawns in a much larger scheme. They consistently fight against our constitutionally protected rights, such as free speech, gun rights, and religious freedom. They have also been violently fighting against our constitutional republic, trying to physically force our country to give up the very system that protects minorities.

I feel like I am living in an alternate reality. I have never seen people fighting so hard to get our rights removed to serve the master class.

It is disturbing.
edit on 3-12-2016 by Winstonian because: Added some stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

According to the right:

Transgender people (who haven't hurt anyone) aren't allowed to use the public restroom that fits them best because some other bad guy might take advantage of that.

Homosexuals shouldn't have the right to marry the consenting adult of their choice.

Women shouldn't have the right to privacy with their doctor to make decisions regarding procedures on their own bodies.

People shouldn't have the right to freedom of expression when it comes to burning the flag or not standing for the anthem.

Muslims in America should have to forgo their privacy and be monitored/registered.

It is disturbing indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Many really enjoy pointing out how others are doing things "wrong." For some of those, it can turn into a habitual need to correct others under the guise of "conversation."

Truth is that the OP is biased, but everyone is biased innately. Those who don't think they have bias tend to exhibit higher levels of it.

Some seem to think the solution lies in eliminating bias, or at least constantly pointing it out, but that doesn't really work so well. The key is in learning how all these different, inherently biased personalities can get along. The problem with that is that most will agree, but continue doing exactly the same things, waiting for "them" to change. That's exacerbated by the fact its easier to recognize fault in others than ourselves. It becomes easy to spend our time decrying others and end up with very little time applying that introspectively. Eventually, that can lead to acting in exactly the same manner they are criticizing. I mean, its easy to just call it hypocrisy, but its something any of us might do.

I think any effective option is going to be a very fundamental change for how all of us interact, but it might be time for something like that. Thousands of years is probably enough time and I think its a relic in light of current technology.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join