It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayers For A Nation.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome all who join. I am a man of Faith, as we all are. We have faith in all of whatever it is that we believe. Right now I can feel the turmoil of this Nation. Can any one else?

No matter what you believe, which side so to speak, you are on. We all have faith in something.

I want to humbly request any thoughts, poems, whispers, or prayers, toward the true unity of this Nation. That we, the people, of a divided nation should stand together. As one with another, bringing together an inner peace, and inviting all that is good, and wholesome, into our sanctity of life. That we, a nation, would welcome each other into our homes. With the hope, and the love of certain inalienable rights, bestowed upon us, since the founding fathers of this nation acted rapidly and quickly to garner such a great land.

I am finding my way through the life of Christ. I will be submitting prayers. Please. Please use your gifts in this life to help bring about a peaceful and unified nation, which we all share. No one left behind anymore. That all that is in this land should prosper and find peace of mind in their place and value.

Thank you for caring. Peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Got my star and flag, and I pray for all humanity. Even more so for the people in positions of power. I have faith my prayers are heard, and if they are not, I am only out the time I CHOOSE to put into them. Time that could be taken any given moment anyway as most of us know all too well.
Great post, may we all find our own peace as we coexist in a life that is impossible to make any real sense of!

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
Got my star and flag, and I pray for all humanity. Even more so for the people in positions of power. I have faith my prayers are heard, and if they are not, I am only out the time I CHOOSE to put into them. Time that could be taken any given moment anyway as most of us know all too well.
Great post, may we all find our own peace as we coexist in a life that is impossible to make any real sense of![/quote

Excellent point of view. May you know blessings and kindness all your days. Hope springs eternal, and wise is the teachings of the humble.
edit on 30-11-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope and pray everyone is allowed through the gates of heaven to experience eternal heavenly bliss regardless of a person's earthly sins, or how they practiced their religion, or not practiced any religion. I hope and pray everyone is saved no matter what because I don't want to see anyone suffer in the after life. I hope and pray we go beyond the golden rule and stop seeing each other as "labels" and start treating each other as the most sacred things on earth. I hope and pray we stop dropping bombs on foreign countries.

edit on 30-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
La reply to: 3daysgone

am finding my way through the life of Christ. I will be submitting prayers. Please. Please use your gifts in this life to help bring about a peaceful and unified nation, which we all share.

Giving you a hard time for bringing religion into the mix seems a little disingenuous, as you seem genuine and altruistic.

As for using my gifts to bring about a unified nation, I'll just continue to spread the truth, pull a cork and light a patty with my neighbors. Social Capital comes in many forms...

Appreciate the OP.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

As for using my gifts to bring about a unified nation, I'll just continue to spread the truth, pull a cork and light a patty with my neighbors. Social Capital comes in many forms... Appreciate the OP.

Now you definitely, have a way with words. May you succeed in your endeavors with the fulfillment of justification and truth.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I hope and pray everyone is allowed through the gates of heaven to experience eternal heavenly bliss regardless of a person's earthly sins, or how they practiced their religion, or not practiced any religion. I hope and pray everyone is saved no matter what because I don't want to see anyone suffer in the after life. I hope and pray we go beyond the golden rule and stop seeing each other as "labels" and start treating each other as the most sacred things on earth. I hope and pray we stop dropping bombs on foreign countries.

Now that is the personification of love. May you swim in the fountain of the living waters, and know thine heart is pure.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Heavenly Father,

I beg of your forgiveness for this land and people.
We are an hateful and an idled society.
Our feet run swift to temptation,
Our tongues lie in wait, as a serpent.

Grant us the prayer to lift this people up.
Usher in a glorious and peaceful era.
Full of love and grace toward each other.
Understanding for the wounds and the healing.

Strength for the challenges ahead.
Courage for the faint of heart.
Integrity for our children's future.
Wisdom for our leaders to lead.

In the name of Christ, your only begotten son, I pray.

Amen.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I am a man of Faith, as we all are. We have faith in all of whatever it is that we believe.

No matter what you believe, which side so to speak, you are on. We all have faith in something.

Since you posted this on a 'thinking' site (philosophy), rather than a 'believing' site (religion), I am going to have to refute your broad brushing and unsupportable premises.
'Belief' (vs tentative acceptance) and 'Faith' (Knowledge) are NOT the same thing.
Not everyone hosts 'beliefs', and few there are with real unconditional 'Faith';

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

Unconditional Love = Enlightenment!
The numbers are growing, but far from Universal, yet.

And what's with the selfish prayer?
Seems unXtian to me...
If you are going to pray for people, why not all?
God forbid that your single prayer, alone, gets 'answered' and you wasted it like that!
I don't think it's 'God' who answers selfish prayers, anyway...

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I am afraid that it will take more than a few prayers to fix the problems of the nation and world.

Besides, not everyone has faith in the power of prayer or believes in God, what should they do to help?

My point is prayer is useful for some, but if you really want to effect change it takes actions and deeds, something that doesn't require prayer.

If you have faith then you trust God to handle it and should say thank you, he must know what is going on here, if he wants to act He/She/It/They will.

But just to be positive and contribute:

Most Merciful Allah, bestower of blessings and destroyer of evil desire, please let America learn how to not be ignorant and racist as a nation, never again let an ignorant racist get elected by ignorant and educated people alike who just don't know what they have done.

Be it so!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Heavenly Father,

I beg of your forgiveness for this land and people.
We are an hateful and an idled society.
Our feet run swift to temptation,
Our tongues lie in wait, as a serpent.

Grant us the prayer to lift this people up.
Usher in a glorious and peaceful era.
Full of love and grace toward each other.
Understanding for the wounds and the healing.

Strength for the challenges ahead.
Courage for the faint of heart.
Integrity for our children's future.
Wisdom for our leaders to lead.

In the name of Christ, your only begotten son, I pray.

Amen.

I second this prayer..........peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

I am afraid that it will take more than a few prayers to fix the problems of the nation and world.

Besides, not everyone has faith in the power of prayer or believes in God, what should they do to help?

My point is prayer is useful for some, but if you really want to effect change it takes actions and deeds, something that doesn't require prayer.

If you have faith then you trust God to handle it and should say thank you, he must know what is going on here, if he wants to act He/She/It/They will.

Most Merciful Allah, bestower of blessings and destroyer of evil desire, please let America learn how to not be ignorant and racist as a nation, never again let an ignorant racist get elected by ignorant and educated people alike who just don't know what they have done.

Be it so!

Bad from ole boy.
Very bad indeed.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Yeah prayers really help people in Syria, Yemen, [insert devastated nation], so why do you think your alleged god/s will help with first world problems in the US?
Frankly I think it's ridiculous but go ahead pray if you like lol

*edit*
And why pollute the philosophy forum with a call to prayer?
This silliness belongs in the religious forums.
edit on 1.12.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Be it so!

I agree. More than prayers are needed. I would ask people to use any gift they have. Positive feelings and a longing to unite is all this about. Thank you for your post. May you experience the love and happiness in abundance all your life.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah prayers really help people in Syria, Yemen, [insert devastated nation], so why do you think your alleged god/so will help with first world problems in the US?

If you choose to take part good. If you choose not too good. People may use anyway they wish to build one and another up. I will not try to tear it down. May you serve the unification as you will. Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Since you posted this on a 'thinking' site (philosophy), rather than a 'believing' site (religion), I am going to have to refute your broad brushing and unsupportable premises.

I welcome all reasonable questions about how I live my life.

'Belief' (vs tentative acceptance) and 'Faith' (Knowledge) are NOT the same thing. Not everyone hosts 'beliefs', and few there are with real unconditional 'Faith';

I agree that they are not the same. Belief is what you think. Faith is the assertion of that belief. You say not everyone hosts beliefs. I would disagree. Everyone holds beliefs. What they believe in is another matter all together.

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS Known by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith... ALWAYS!

No one has unconditional love, except Christ, in my perspective. Do you know of anyone who ever got angry? Well that is not unconditional love. Unconditional love, once again in my view, is to love all others as you love yourself. Do you know of anyone that can do this. I only know of one.

Unconditional Love = Enlightenment! The numbers are growing, but far from Universal, yet

Very nice saying.

And what's with the selfish prayer? Seems unXtian to me...

I meant no harm to you. Please forgive me. I can assure you I meant no ill intent.

If you are going to pray for people, why not all? God forbid that your single prayer, alone, gets 'answered' and you wasted it like that! I don't think it's 'God' who answers selfish prayers, anyway...

From my daily adventures from going to and fro, I have never heard of a wasted prayer that is for the benefit of anyone, individually or as a whole. God will hear anyone who will take the time to approach him with anything that is weighing on their heart. Christ has sent the comforter for any that will but ask, in humbleness and sincerity of mind.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lord Jesus Christ, please bless, and forgive the sins of your sorrowful people. Thank you, and all Glory, Power, Wisdom, Praise, Honor, Thanksgiving and Worship to you, for your birth, Passion, Sacrifice and Resurrection!
Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth.

edit on V162016Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 01 Dec 2016 19:16:27 -06001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yeah prayers really help people in Syria, Yemen, [insert devastated nation], so why do you think your alleged god/so will help with first world problems in the US?

If you choose to take part good. If you choose not too good. People may use anyway they wish to build one and another up. I will not try to tear it down. May you serve the unification as you will. Peace.

And why pollute the philosophy forum with a call to prayer? This silliness belongs in the religious forums.

Because I have found that true philosophy always keeps an open mind, and heart. I have found that true philosophy never dismiss's an experience of something, from which it could learn from, if the philosopher so chooses. To me, philosophy is the everyday thinking of any man that has a thought. My thought was to make a thread for prayers for a divided country. A country in which I hope great things for. A country in which God put me here to accomplish whatever it may be. I am sorry you find it pollution. Maybe it will reach others who are interested to click on this thread and reply. I hope so.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Be it so!

What an ass.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Lord Jesus Christ, please bless, and forgive the sins of your sorrowful people. Thank you, and all Glory, Power, Wisdom, Praise, Honor, Thanksgiving and Worship to you, for your birth, Passion, Sacrifice and Resurrection!
Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth.

Thank you dear one. You have given Honor to the Most High. May you walk along this path free of burdens, for He has taken them.
edit on 1-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join