It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii is probably not legally part of the US so Obama may not be US Citizen?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Whether I agree with how we took control, the reality is the same--it is officially a part of the United States.

Most nations or peoples who are taken over by another nation are not happy with that reality, but it's still a reality.

As for giving it back...can we wait a decade so that my family and I have moved there first? That'd be greaaaat.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Whether I agree with how we took control, the reality is the same--it is officially a part of the United States.

Most nations or peoples who are taken over by another nation are not happy with that reality, but it's still a reality.

As for giving it back...can we wait a decade so that my family and I have moved there first? That'd be greaaaat.

On the other hand, some people, like myself, suspect the term 'natural-born Citizen' refers to 'natural law,' and on this one subject, the drafters intended to defer to the natural laws of man.

Therefore, regardless of our written/positive laws saying Hawaii is a state...perhaps the drafters knew that if the U.S. coerced a monarch, like Queen Liliuokalani, into signing over her kingdom under threat of murder of her people, then violated an international treaty and illegally annexed a sovereign nation...we might not want a person born in that wronged-nation to become president and perhaps enact revenge for that wrong.

I don't know what the correct answer is to these legal questions, but I do believe that the drafters were deferring to 'natural law' on this one issue. And if they were, that would explain why the SCOTUS might not have any say, at all, on the subject of Obama's citizenship. They don't have jurisdiction to decide what 'natural law' is...that takes universal agreement from people of every nation...and some Native Hawaiians disagree that the U.S. has jurisdiction over Hawaii.

edit on 30-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Jimmy thanx for updating me. Yah i have not been keepin up with much anymore.... HAve a good one. Syx...

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hawaii was a stepping stone.

The only law that had any serious ramifications on the colonization by the early settlers was Manifest Destiny. I think it still applies today, so Canada, Mexico and all others take note.

Originally a partisan Democratic issue, ‘manifest destiny’ gained Republican adherents as time passed. By the end of the century, expansionists were employing quasi-Darwinist reasoning to argue that because its ‘Anglo-Saxon heritage’ made America supremely fit, it had become the nation’s ‘manifest destiny’ to extend its influence beyond its continental boundaries into the Pacific and Caribbean basins*.

*bolding mine

Walls won't help.
edit on 30/11/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Stfu gtfo. This is so freaking tired.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Ok I'm not a birthed but I did not realize Americans stole the Islands from its rightful Royal Government.

We should really give it back to the Hawaiian people.

Sure, the day after we all give the US back to the natives.
Posession is 9/10ths of the Law!

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
And if they were, that would explain why the SCOTUS might not have any say, at all, on the subject of Obama's citizenship.

They had nothing to say about it as it was all a load of rubbish, as any thinking person knew!
.... 200+ failed birther court cases, "Internet experts" claiming a document that they never examined was a forgery....

They don't have jurisdiction

They had jurisdiction, they knew it was just a waste of the courts time.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Your probably right. Was fun to discuss it though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join